[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inventions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 29
File: Mad_scientist[1].gif (120 KB, 338x450) Image search: [Google]
Mad_scientist[1].gif
120 KB, 338x450
What /out/ related inventions do you wish existed for consumer markets? Feel free to dream big!

I'd pay good money for a water bottle that refills itself by effectively drawing moisture from the surrounding air.
>>
Silly thread but it's a nice departure from the norm I'll bite.

-Gravity manipulator to make your pack weigh less or nothing
-A solar panel that wirelessly and extremely quickly charged any electronic device ( a stretch I know)

Can't think of anything else at the moment. Your water bottle idea is great OP.
>>
>>643485
/stuck

command for real life. for when you REALLY fuck up and get your shit stuck in some mud, water, or sand.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105 KB, 1920x1080
I wanna be able to visit planets. I wanna walk on Io and Europa. I wanna swim through Jupiter. I wanna play in the rock and dirt on Mercury and Venus. I wanna lay down in the dusky daylight of Pluto and stare at the tiny sun. Or just have a device that would give me a 5ft perimeter free of flies, skeetos, and ticks.
>>
>>643521
>-Gravity manipulator to make your pack weigh less or nothing

What if... you take a really big helium balloon and tie it to your back pack!
>>
>NoClip
more seriously a knife that never dulled, water container that doubles as an all in one filterer and boiler, self cleaning clothes, and a low drag skeletonized exo suit.
>>
>>643523
>I wanna swim through Jupiter

You'd die pretty quickly. Like, a couple milliseconds or so.
>>
>>643594
That is a fucking awesome idea
>>
>>643594
>>643628
>take helium baloon to make your pack lighter
There was a thread about this long time ago.
>>
>>643602
>a knife that never dulled
Spring steel is pretty close, but what you gain in edge retention you loose in rust resistance

>water container that doubles as an all in one filterer and boiler
I'm thinking a 2-chamber stainless steel water purifier, separated by an activated carbon filter. Fill the top chamber, it trickles through the filter to the bottom chamber, and unscrew the bottom chamber and place it over a fire to boil. Is that close to what you meant?

>self cleaning clothes
A british company started making silver-threaded underwear to combat body odor. Silver is anti-microbial so bacteria cannot survive on/in this clothing. I got nothing for sand and mud, though.

>low drag skeletonized exo suit
Now you're just being silly.
>>
A moisture wicking insulation that is lighter, warmer, and cheaper than goose down. A material that is permanently waterproof, breathable, stronger, lighter, and cheaper than cubin fiber. A backpack that works like a bag of holding from DND and a headlamp that never burns out.
>>
>>643521
>-A solar panel that wirelessly and extremely quickly charged any electronic device ( a stretch I know)

Actually, this can be done right now with existing tech. It is just really expensive and all your gear needs to be outfitted for it which is also expensive. The only down side is distance from the solar panel to the device. The further that distance the more costly and bulky the system would need to be.

Oh and I'm talking like charging your phone in 2-5 minutes if that is "quickly" enough for you.
>>
>>643688
>headlamp that never burns out.

LED energy harvesting flashlight. These exist. They recharge in various different ways. From walking movement to wifi signal harvesting to turning body heat into energy. They use capacitors instead of batteries so they never need batteries changed.
>>
>>643485
A tricorder, forget needing ID guides or knowing if there are microbes etc in that stream you wanna get water from
>>
>>643921
There's an xprize to develop a medical one.

http://tricorder.xprize.org/
>>
>>643485
STILLSUIT
>>
Robot gf that carries my shit.
>>
>>643485
Exoskeletons for hiking and climbing.
>>
>>643951
> and puts out ass and sucks like a $2 whore

> mfw make me breakfast bitch

> Yes Master, right away!
>>
Solar powered drones to carry all my shit for me.
Make it happen, it'll make you millions.
>>
>>643973
> burden drones before blowjob drones

WTF do you think will make money faster?

Guys want thier dick sucked befote they want a robot fanny pack!
>>
>>643485
>tree tent
Basically a hammock tent that you can install high up in a trees rather than staying at ground level.
Not really a new invention, but the challenge is in the logistics.

Also
>dog chariot
>riding ostrich
>riding cervid
>pill/mcguffin to repel all parasites both internal and external.
>>
>>643521
>>643918
Acutally, you can do it for fairly cheap. Solar panels for hiking/backpacking go for $30-50, a good battery pack 10,000mAh and up can go from $30-$100 depending on size. Charge your battery pack all day, charge your phone/accessories at night. It's not super fast, I know. But if you have a large enough battery pack and you're somewhat conservative with your use (airplane mode when not in use) you could probably go about a good week or two without much issue. After that you may just have to be extra conservative with your usage..
>>
A pill that you only have to take once every season which makes you unbearable to bloodsuckers. I don't care if it would cost 100$ a pop, I'd buy that shit.
>>
>>643485
a bivy sack with bug netting and condensation proof for less than $200
>>
Backpack that makes electricity from your backs heat
>>
>>644054
you can have that for $50 if you're willing to sew
>>
File: images (1).jpg (30 KB, 570x258) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
30 KB, 570x258
>>644048
>dog chariot
Have to inform you that those have existed for a while anon.
>>
>>644052
You missed the part where it needed to do it wirelessly. Wireless transmission of power is expensive. Fully charging your equipment in a matter of a few minutes is also expensive. Combining the two makes it really expensive and doesn't use batteries.
>>
>>644069
This can be done now. Just no one is doing it. A backpack can have the pad that rests against your back be made of thermoelectric generator modules attached to an energy harvesting device.

But why stop there? The top and sides of the pack can have solar panels coupled with thermoelectric generator modules under them to absorb solar and thermal from solar. It can also have a few walking generators, basically magnets in tubes or pendulums that create power as the backpack is moved or as the hiker walks.

At night, just set it somewhat near your campfire and it will create all sorts of electric for you. If you switch out all your batteries for supercapacitors you'd be able to charge them in minutes.
>>
File: throwing-money[1].gif (973 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
throwing-money[1].gif
973 KB, 500x372
>>644145
Fund it.
>>
>>644149
I just ordered 5 thermoelectric generator modules.
>>
>>644119
I don't see the wheels tho
Also snow is baby-tier, I want one for all terrain
>>
File: 7gNMZG1.jpg (163 KB, 975x599) Image search: [Google]
7gNMZG1.jpg
163 KB, 975x599
>>644119
>>644171
Yeah, chariots have wheels.

They also exist already in many forms and are neat.
>>
>>643928
Underrated
>>
>>643625
depends on the altitude
>>
I want a stilsuit from Dune that captures all the water my body expels and filters it using energy from motion. You would never need to shit in a river again.
>>
>>643485
a god damn portable mini hydroelectric generator and water wheel with a regulator. something pole shaped with collapsible blades that could be mounted across a stream and then provide solid amounts of power.
>>
>>644224
Basically a walking stick pole that has an umbrella mechanism to extend blades. Could be used in a stream of water or as a VAWT in the wind. It'd have the option of inserting a stick through an eye in the top of the pole, while its blades are not extended, so you can manually crank to make power.

That's actually retardedly doable.
>>
>>643594
It's like a mini version of /n/'s blimp train.
>>
File: 1448931068819.png (222 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
1448931068819.png
222 KB, 449x401
>>643602
Find forever

I'd want cool shit laying around to pic up like heath kits, berserk mode etc
irl doom would be interesting for sure.
>>
>>643485
dimensional pockets you can put stuff in and you can access it but you don't actually have to carry anything. you can put an entire hardware store in your wristwatch.
make it happen!
>>
>>644196
this
I would do so much desert hiking.
>>
>>644195
In a region where the density is high enough that he can swim in it, he'd die very quickly.
>>
>>644227
Well then you are retarded for NOT DOING IT!

> see how THAT works?
>>
>>644354
>from the radiation alone

Source: I'm an exoplanetary scientist.
>>
>>644048
> new invention
> hammock high up in the trees

You're not too bright, are you son?
>>
>>644048
> repel all paracites internal and external

It's like you don't even want an alcoholic, smoker, stripper, meth addict girlfriend?

WTF, how old are you? Don't you know how to use people?
>>
>>644411
But, I don't take electronics on hikes or camping.
>>
>>643594
>not using hydrogen
>>
>>643485
big deer you can ride
>>
>>643594
take 2 and you can even hang your hammock inbetween them
>>
>>644735
I can see doing that in one of those treeless shitholes. Just tie them down to rocks.
>>
>>643485
pants that suck your dick as you are walking
the faster you go the harder and deeper it sucks
>>
A "gun-like" object that when pointed at your abdomen, removes the appropriate fecal matter from your body which is ready to be expelled.

You would probably still need to take at least 2 or 3 natural shits per week to keep your rectum and sphincter muscles in shape but this would be cool theoretically.
>>
File: 1366893532425.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1366893532425.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>644178
>>
>>644835
> a sucky idea

I'm in!
>>
>>644835
It's like that motorcycle with the pussy in it.
/o/ has a comic (maybe it was anime)
Wish I had saved it now. I love having random pics that become relevant.
>>
>>644675
>wanting to die before the happening
Anon pls
>>
File: 1406787159874.gif (754 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1406787159874.gif
754 KB, 320x240
>>644196
>You would never need to shit in a river again.

You do that?

Thats nasty
>>
>>645249
i only shit and wipe my ass in the crispest cleanest mountain streams.
rivers are indeed nasty.
>>
File: 1406750232673.jpg (85 KB, 400x535) Image search: [Google]
1406750232673.jpg
85 KB, 400x535
>>645251
oh your indian then

POO IN LOO
>>
>>645253
no
indians shit on street and don't flush
>>
>>645255
let alone wipe their ass
>>
>>645249
>>
>>645249
It's a meme
>>
>>645249
>>644196

I shit in lakes all the time when im /out/.

>shit in lake
>swim around
>wash asshole with soap and water

we golden nigga
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 212x234) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 212x234
>>644069
>>644145
>>644150
>shove thermoelectric generator module in gooch for hike up mountain
>battery pack short circuits
>>
Bump for batteries that will last longer than a god damn day in any weather.
>>
Boots that
have a dirt repelling surface so that when you go through mud you don't end up carrying extra weight.
Have a little pump in the sole powered by your walking motion to get rid of sweat and moisture. No more blisters or trench foot.
Have a liner that monitors you gait and figures out how to customise its shape to you.
>>
File: ace.gif (1001 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
ace.gif
1001 KB, 500x275
The ultimate in stealth camping vehicles.
>>
>>646242
Its coming,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDsNZJTWw0w
>>
>>646242
One down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZrjXSsfxMQ
>>
>>646262
Classic
>>
bump for innovation
>>
>>644150
>>648297
Still waiting for innovation to be delivered.
>>
>>643485
1) tent that can set itself up and pack itself up so that i don't have to fuck around with it at all.
2) chip every large predator so i can track their movements on google maps online and so you can set up an alarm if any comes closer than 100 meters
3) an anti-maul vest that explodes if you are begin mauled and delivers concentrated pepper and cs cloud around you with a series of huge bangs (either activates when damaged or set off manually pulling a string)
4) walking stick with steel bayonet port like a guns so you can attach a bayonet quickly and make a spear
5) hit scratch and water resistant smartphones with low standby consumption that have a solar panel on the backside to charge themselves
6) smart glass or lenses that can alter your vision so you see what various animals see
>>
>>648342
>3) an anti-maul vest that explodes if you are begin mauled and delivers concentrated pepper and cs cloud around you with a series of huge bangs (either activates when damaged or set off manually pulling a string)

You just know your "friends" will pull the string every time you wear it. "For lulz".

>5) hit scratch and water resistant smartphones with low standby consumption that have a solar panel on the backside to charge themselves

These exist now but are not made by the pleb phone companies and you have to pay serious money for them.
>>
>>648347
for the record your stupid friends will wish they were never born after that stunt
>>
>>643485
a rape whistle that makes women want to suck your dick so bad they forget everything else
it can only be used outdoors safely when you meet with the right female cause in a city you might get some unwanted attention
>>
A basic, cheap, small sized dumbphone that's waterproof, has a good battery life and a retractable antenna. Sort of like pic related but less fancy and more room for practical things.

Why is this so hard to find? It's all either shitty smartphones och literal bricks trying to be smartphones.
>>
>>648360
dumb phones are dumb
you can't use them as gps or to navigate you can't use them to browse web you can't read a book or manual on them, they suck ass
frankly the smartphones biggest con is the battery life which is partially so awful because of the fuckhuge number of services running constantly even when you lock them up.
i bet a smartphone could last for a week if i could stop all the services i don't even need.
>>
>>648363
I don't need my phone to be anything but dumb, though. I just want it to be able to send text and do what phones were invented to do. The rest of the space should be used to make sure those two things work as good and for as long as possible. I already use a dedicated GPS that runs on AA batteries that will last a week with continual use, and I can bring spares. Once your smartphone with notoriously bad reception dies you're shit out of luck because you kept all your eggs in one basket. As for web browsing, I prefer to shitpost from the comfort of home.
>>
>>648371
web browsing as in looking at the weather sites and news and whatnot so you are not cut off the information vital to you stay
>>
>>648377
I actually have a someone send me a short text summarizing the next day forecast. If it's known that a serial killer is stalking my parts of the woods, I'm sure that would be included, too.
>>
>>643485
gas masks with filters that don't expire in <2hours.
or maybe filters that can be cleaned and reused

everywhere I've read, filters=shit

All the old ones pre 60s-70s are expired, and have asbestos in them
Some filters have chromium (?) or other chemicals to filter certain chemicals. And they degrade/expire/will get you sick

Seriously anyone know of any good gas masks/filter combos I can throw in an INCH bag? Not to get off topic...
>>
>>648355
Not if they have the same suit. I would surmise that the user is protected from those attacks.

But if jackass is any indication some fuckwit will invariably do it regardless of self protection.
>>648379
> not using rss
What kind of pleb are you?

Mfw I'm a pleb
Mfw no face
>>
>>644090
i suck at sewing and dont want it to blow out while im camping.
>>
>>648424
the user is protected from being mauled and eaten alive not crying out his eyes and leaving behind a trail of snot.
>>
>>644224
All you need is a waterwheel and a dynamo
>>
>>648414
You know that there's tons of commercial gas masks on the market, right? With all sorts of new-production filters for every conceivable situation you could find yourself in?
>>
File: NASA.jpg (635 KB, 1169x1476) Image search: [Google]
NASA.jpg
635 KB, 1169x1476
Kevlar wetsuits.
>>
>>645255
How does one flush a street, anon?
>>
>>643673
I think he wants the water bottle to have a heating element in it too
>>
>>643523
/out/er space
>>
an instant hammock, just throw it at the ground and collapse on it
>>
>>650333
What's this?
>>
File: glowinthedarknalgene.jpg (80 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
glowinthedarknalgene.jpg
80 KB, 500x500
ive had two of those glow in the dark Nalgene bottles for about a year now and i love them. i have paracord tied as a handle around the rim. think storm lanterm handle. but with rope. helps with carrying

now ive been thinking. it would be pretty cool if you could have LED's or something on the inside of the cap so you could use it ias a lantern and because when its lit it charges the glow in the dark it would last even after you turn it off and just give a soft glow
>>
>>651287
there are a few companies making exactly that, often with a little solar panel on the top too. look up "lightcap" as a starting point.
>>
>>644141
it can be done cheaply with electromagnetic induction, I don't see the benefit of it being wireless though, perhaps charging everything so you don't need o think about it but for most people the only thing needing charge when out is a mobile. In which case it's ot much more effort to run a wire from the panel to the phone.

You guys need crank monkeys in your lives
>>
>>643485
I've seen one actually, for bikes. It works like a dehumidifier, cooling a condenser plate. Probably doesn't get much, but still.

>>643688
Insulation: Angora rabbit wool. Its hollow, so it traps heat, plus all the usual benefits of wool. Not cheap, though. Waterproof and breathable: Tyvek 14-S is waterproof, durable, breathable, and thermally reflective. Bag of holding: yeah, good luck. Headlamp that never burns out: tritium! Okay, it only lasts about twenty years, but it doesn't require batteries.

>>644950
Well played!

>>648342
1) that's called a frameless bivvy
2) do you just hate nature?
3) I guess so.
4) we get it. Just stay inside.
5) why are even on /out/?
6) what you're looking for is called a video game.

>>648359
"Rape whistle". Lol... yeah, I'd pay good money for that, actually.

>>651287
>>651324
I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas. Thanks, Anons!
>>
Piezoelectric hiking shoes. Recharge your devices with every step.
>>
>>651344
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGQ_7fMXBf8
>>
>>644675
>hindenburg two: electric boogaloo, /out/ edition
>>
I'd like to see some sort of charge pack that provides electricity through kinetic movement. Intestinal microbe safe iodine tablets would be pretty baller. Maybe a sort of durable mylar that lasts for more than one use. Some sort of self regulating body temp controller.
>>
>>651333
>it can be done cheaply with electromagnetic induction,

No that is not cheap at all at the distances it needs to be charging devices at. There are already smartphones that use this technology. Not the ones you lay on a pad to use induction, but ones that harvest stray RF from remote sources. Though, using those in the wilderness will be retarded since there's not enough RF out there to do any good.

The best way to charge anything outdoors will be wired charging using cranked generators, wind turbines, solar, and/or thermoelectric..

I'd like a power supply that can harvest energy from everything conceivable. If is it sunny it will get solar power. If it is windy it will get get wind power. If you are walking it will get power from movement and/or piezoelectric. If you are touching it or have a campfire it will use the temperature difference for thermoelectric. If it is near stray RF/EMF it will harvest that too. If there's flowing water you can dip one end in and have hydro power. If you are feeling spry you turn a crank. If you happen to be near an outlet, vehicle, or PC you can use those too.

That way you always have a method of charging regardless of where you are.
>>
>>651368
Neato. So... infinite night hikes?
>>
>>651385
lol yes. Keep in mind that their 1st prototype had a return ratio of 30 mins of hiking for 1 min of flashlight power.

You can do a lot better than that with some simple design modifications while still only using piezoelectric as the generation source. For instance, using a capacitor instead of a battery would be better. You can also have more than one piezoelectric device. You can also stack them and use them for the sides of the shoe as well. In fact you can make a type of sock out of them that slips over your foot then into any shoe or boot you own.

There's tons of stuff you can do. Not only that but this stuff is essentially on the level of Legos now. you can buy parts and put them together with just basic electronics knowledge and ability.
>>
A cheap means of getting out of a city quickly. Teleportation would be nice.

Imagine it, quickly teleporting out of the office to sit innawoods and eat your lunch or to waste time. Sort of like in the Long Earth, if anyone's read it.
>>
Okay, so we already have the tech, but no one has done it yet. The last time I went in a group, there's was a long discussion about ordering pizza and beer and having it delivered via drone.
>>
>>651407
>Long Earth
>Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter

Ohhh, might have to read that one.

>>651420
Amazon.com is trying to cut through the red tape and legislation to get drone delivery to be a reality. They have the power to get it done. After the legal foundation is laid for that type of thing, drone delivery for other things, including pizza could be a realty.
>>
>>651382
>durable mylar blanket
companies make tarps with mylar on one side. i have a blue one but i've seen them in OD and orange too
>>
>>651443
Given that corporations are given the same rights as people and private citizens can own and operate those helicopter drones, what legislation needs to be put in place to allow this? I thought is was a cost of operations issue?
>>
>>651497
There's lots and lots of bullshit activists against all drone activity. There's the FAA. There's laws already in place against drones that prevent some aspects of this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Prime_Air#Regulations

You know, because of terrorism.
>>
>>644718
I think those are referred to as "moose."
>>
>>643485
>small solar collector hat/backpack cover with a battery that isn't heavy
>battery connects to stove to heat my food quickly
>>
>>643485

a drug that enables you to keep calm and think rationally through pain / dehyrdation / lack of food.

adrenaline epipens for emergencies (I think these already exist, we just can't buy them)

A hiking boot that wont crush my toes when I'm walking down a steep incline
>>
>>651672
Ativan. Or check out selank.

You can buy epipens in the US, they're just outrageously expensive.

Tighten your shoelaces.
>>
>>643628
until it pops on a branch
>>
So many ideas in here relating to electronics. I go /out/ to get away from electronics. And from other people. It's a relief to my introversion to not have to talk to people.
>>
>>651340
>1) that's called a frameless bivvy
not the same imo
>2) do you just hate nature?
no i just don't trust it
>4) we get it. Just stay inside.
no you don't get it
>6) what you're looking for is called a video game.
it was meant as a training tool for hunters and maybe an educational tool for kids really
>>
>>643485

A thing like dog food, but for people. Literally everything you need and light/portable.

Preferably not dog food flavored.
>>
Srsly, nobody?
>>
>>651755
Rice and beans
>>
>>651759

I want it to taste better than rice and beans though
>>
>>651755
Primate chow. Look it up.
>>
>>651672
>>651693
>A hiking boot that wont crush my toes when I'm walking down a steep incline
>Tighten your shoelaces.

Perspiration can also do that or even the wrong sock type. It is annoying as fuck. However, the best solution is actually changing how you are placing your feet. Don't land your feet pointing straight down. Step down sideways so the feet are more horizontally placed.
>>
File: 190qxjgphytnfjpg.jpg (49 KB, 800x445) Image search: [Google]
190qxjgphytnfjpg.jpg
49 KB, 800x445
>>651551
Sadly this is a fake
>>
>>651755
Soylent green
>>651757
You plan on teleporting somewhere remote but with a lavish thing on the inside? Makes going out pointless.
>>
>>644178
This is one of those pictures where if you showed it to ancient humans that they would think that we were aliens.Especially true, since it looks like she has a miniature blue horse penis in that picture.
>>
File: That Nigga Tried To Flush!.jpg (189 KB, 980x552) Image search: [Google]
That Nigga Tried To Flush!.jpg
189 KB, 980x552
>>650377
>>
>>644090
Do you have an infographic or sum?
>>
>>651937
What does it taste like?
>>
>>651672
Bringing Dune back again, spice my dude. We need to make sandworms and sand trout. Unleash them in California, no harm done anyway they're fucked as is.
>>
>>644145
You realize even after a full day of hiking, the amount of reuseable electric energy generated from your body heat over the area of your back is probably < 300 mWh... That's enough to power a full sized flashlight for like 8 minutes... and even then the system is gonna cost you at least $300 just for the electronic parts.

Source: electrical engineer focusing in alternative energy generation. typical commercially available thermoelectric wearable generation material produces about 3 uW per sq. cm. Your back is maybe around 5000 cm^2. (5000 cm^2 * 3 uW/cm^2 * 9 hours of hiking = 135 mWh). So the practicality of this is basically non-existant. Try again in 50 years.
>>
>>651755
Soylent, Joylent
For homemade 100% nutrition gruel recipes, see https://diy.soylent.com/
Spoiler: I bought some powdered soylent at it was okay, very neutral in taste and truly filling. It's best if you let the stuff sit for 4 hours in the fridge after mixing with water.
>>
There needs to be some kind of self-belay system for trad climbing. The setup would work like this: you have two cam-like devices attached to your harness by long ropes. As you climb, you put them in the wall as you normally would. When you get to the end of the rope, you put the second one in the wall, and remotely disengage the other one so you can keep climbing, then the cycle continues.

I feel like the technology for this already exists.
>>
>>652487
So... ultrathin solar panel parasols when?
>>
>>652487
You only took 1 thing, probably stopped reading at the 1st sentence I assume. You need to figure in everything,

Solar
Thermal
Movement

I already have an LED flashlight. It is all solid state. No moving parts, no battery, no switch or button. It uses capacitive sensing to turn on and off. I can recharge it with just about any source, solar, hand crank, electric bike, car battery, wall outlet, and so on. At 300mWh it will last about 1 hour of good light. 135 mWh would be about 27 minutes.

Thankfully, thermal from my back wouldn't be the only source since the pack listed in >>644145 has several methods of making energy. It'd take heat from you, heat from the sun, solar, heat from any fire, and from movement.

You also don't need $300 worth of stuff to do this with. How? You are not using any 1 thing to generate the energy. Parts are just a few dollars or even under a dollar. It is super simple and like putting Legos together now.
>>
>>652171
>it looks like she has a miniature blue horse penis

Why have I never noticed this until now
>>
File: Being Patient.png (7 KB, 790x108) Image search: [Google]
Being Patient.png
7 KB, 790x108
>>648332
...Still waiting for innovation.

Innovation on hold until arrival.

>tfw ordering online means you never really know where something is coming from until you get the tracking number (pic related)

I'll probably end up with some zipties or keychain like last time I ordered something that was shipped from China.
>>
>>652713
You just haven't been on 4chan long enough, that is all.
>>
>>652577
Like putting an extra-long handle on a cam, so you can disengage it after you pass it? I've thought about this, too. It sucks to have to have a partner. I don't want my life in someone else's hands, and certainly not vice versa.
>>
>>648426
You realise people who sew shit for cash are a thing, right anon? Any place that fixes boots, or many places that sell milsurp stuff will do it, for a fee.
>>
File: soylent-green-2.png (112 KB, 446x290) Image search: [Google]
soylent-green-2.png
112 KB, 446x290
>>652165
>Soylent green
>>
File: shai hulud.jpg (35 KB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
shai hulud.jpg
35 KB, 438x363
>>644196

Paul is that you!?
>>
File: stillsuit.jpg (71 KB, 560x372) Image search: [Google]
stillsuit.jpg
71 KB, 560x372
>>643485
Seriously, though... Why don't we have stillsuits?
>>
>>656121
They exists, just as VERY EXPENSIVE AND CUSTOM TAILORED suits. AKA there can be no mass production of them, they have lots of parts/possibilities of failure, and they cost alot. But thanks to all that kidney dialysis tech bringing filtering costs down, all you have to do is deal with the fact you can't handle ANY HEAT!! Humans have evaporation of moisture as our primary heat reduction method, heck both humans AND dogs pant to reduce heat.

Fundamentally ineffective, also why make those suits BLACK IN A DESERT, only helps cool you down if you have plenty of water to sweat in COTTON.
>>
>>656121
>>656148
Can you imagine the fucking stench of the actors' bodies after a shoot in one of those black suits?
>>
>>643523
Bug free zone sounds great
>>
File: redmeat.stillsuit.gif (53 KB, 600x261) Image search: [Google]
redmeat.stillsuit.gif
53 KB, 600x261
>>656121
... I still want these things to happen
>>
>>643673
Some US surplus socks have silver threads. I have a few pair and, despite being used for hiking and hunting, they never stink.
>>
>>656291
>>643673
The socks are, "Covert Threads," so just google that.

I think they just use nano particles, not actual threads of silver. Which means that over time the particles will get washed out and no longer work as advertised. However, while the particles are still there, they should work very effectively. After that, they will perform like any other sock.

The underwear one uses "silver chloride" and is called "Polygiene". They don't use actual threads either, but isn't using nano particles either.

Another company "x-bionic" actually uses silver threads "X-UnderWear and X-Socks" but silver threads are the wrong form to properly be as antimicrobial as they need to be. The nano particles are the best method. The company also does not tout the effectiveness nearly as much as the other companies do. Their form of silver will last a great deal longer than the others at least.
>>
>>656151
just like a real fremen!
>>
File: doge.jpg (29 KB, 416x460) Image search: [Google]
doge.jpg
29 KB, 416x460
>>644171
Saw this while hiking awhile back
>>
id love a victorinox with a potato peeler on it
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.