[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How has been the winter this year where you live? Seems a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10
How has been the winter this year where you live? Seems a lot warmer than previous years, almost no rain either. Good times to go /out/ here in Europe.
>>
>>643218

Been rainy. Really not that cold...not even cold enough to wear pants or a coat.
>>
Last year in New England we had an essentially snowless December and January. January in fact was in the 40s and 50s every day. Then we got 9 feet of snow.

I trust nothing. Yes, we had a snowless November this year, and it's rather tepid for december, but I don't trust it. The board is set. The pieces are moving.
>>
After recovering from a bad ankle sprain last month I though this would be the perfect time to learn to cross-country ski since the weather would be cold and the trails I run on are normally covered with snow and Ice.

It snowed 1/2" last week, and it was gone by the next morning. No snow probably till after Christmas, just rain/freezing rain.

Fuck you El Nino.
>>
midsummer day was colder at 10 degrees celsius than today which was 11 degrees

and this is finland
>>
Its been really warm and dry in Atlanta and we haven't even had a frost yet. Looks like no snow again this year/
>>
>>643218
Winter so far has been agreeable. Usually 60s-70s during the day, down into the 40-50s at night lol. Could be a bit cooler, yesterday was nearly 80.
>>
>>643218
Canada here.

It's been warm, rainy and miserable. Way above freezing during the days.

Gonna go /out/ for a short trail hike later this week to take advantage of the weather.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Alaska clear and cold
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 6290x2456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 6290x2456
its been seriously wet and windy here in ireland - hasnt stopped us getting out. we've started following the yanks trend of naming our storms..
pic is from a couple of days ago - one of my favourite spots because its naturally sheltered.
>>
>>643238
That's Spanish for "The Nino"
>>
File: image.jpg (938 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
938 KB, 3264x2448
it turned nice there in the evening.
>>
USA here, last week we had record cold, the coldest of 2015 and its not even winter yet. Thanks climate change
>>
>>643218
northernish canada. warmest winter of my life. It has been extremely mild.
>>
File: i-jcvvQ2x-L.jpg (111 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
i-jcvvQ2x-L.jpg
111 KB, 800x534
Better start than the past two years.

With as wet a summer as we've had, there wasn't a huge fire danger this summer/fall.
Since it stayed warm so long, there wasn't a lot of early (sept./oct.) snowfall in the mountains.... held off till november. Since snow's been falling fairly regularly since then, the base hasn't had time to ice up and get shitty/facety. What's on the ground seems to be sticking to the ground fairly well.

If the trend continues, this should be a good snow year with average avalanche dangers.
Last year was shitty snow, chasing the storms, and the base was heavily layered which made the new snow accumulation real dangerous when it started piling up.

>Pic extremely related, sunday afternoon
>>
File: Santa Cruz.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Santa Cruz.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
It's started off really good with a little bit of rain. The forests have been pretty brown since April so it's nice to see some green again.
>>
>>643218
nothing yet

in connecticut, going to be 62 degrees on sunday
>>
>>643358
ayy chris farley lol
>>
Northern Germany, it's been pretty mild so far. Most days it threatens rain but it usually doesn't come. Perfect weather for walking around.
>>
Here in the northern lands of Quebec, there is still no snow to be seen. 8° C right about now... I miss the snow a lot, althougj I could get used to this dead landscape.
>>
File: 20151205_141000.jpg (475 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20151205_141000.jpg
475 KB, 1280x720
south germany / alps has little to no snow so far. weather is nice, though i wouldn't mind a snow storm to go snowshoeing
>>
Hasn't been too bad here is Massachusetts. Mostly just a bit chilly, but I can still go out in just a T Shirt and jeans.
>>
Regina, SK

Historic normals: -8C/-19C high/low
Today/recent: +7C/-8C

So 10-15C above normal temperatures.

It's insane honestly. We have no snow and it just RAINED here today. Normally there would have been snow for at least a month already.
>>
>be Texas
Hasn't really dropped below 50 yet, still feels very much like fall, even spring on some days. There's a high of 80 forecast for tomorrow. Very nice and tolerable compared to the intense heat of the summer. It hasn't snowed here in years. It usually doesn't get that cold (approaching freezing) here until January-February anyway. Enjoy your frozen wasteland.
>>
The northern Midwest has been unusually warm and I'm starting to get frightened. I think we broke the snow
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-10-14-47-04.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-10-14-47-04.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
Strange for Connecticut
>>
>>644278

Hey middletown, New Haven here. Its 55 out side and thats just fine with me, as I ride a bike to work everyday. I'm just waiting for the January SHITSTORM. With these warm temps I can see us having nothing but ice and freezing rain, which sucks.
>>
>>644280
Can't wait to deliver pizza in that shit

Should probably change my bald ass tires
>>
>>644278
Down here in Stamford its been in 50's so you're pretty lucky for the warm weather
>>
>>644278
>>644280
>>644285
Rip ice fishing for this year
>>
File: wetter.png (21 KB, 528x408) Image search: [Google]
wetter.png
21 KB, 528x408
Nope, no winter in sight yet, I'm at 50°N but it almost feels Mediterranean
Winter onions I planted back in October are doing great already, but so do the weeds... Just hope we don't get a late sever winter in Jan/Feb
>>
Lisbon - Portugal here
We had rain like 5 days max since August. The weather is way milder than usual.
We barely have winter normally but now it is really weird. It seems we are in spring.
>>
>>645544
Tuguinha do coração.
>>
>>643218
Beautiful in northern Alberta.

Haven't seen -20 yet, light snow. I wish every year was an el nino year.
>>
>>643218
Budapest, Hungary, and our winters are getting warmer and warmer...haven't got any snow yet, and it has just started to get cold

I miss the old freezing winters
>>
>>643363
What part? Michigan has been warm.
>>
>>643355
Where is that? Dublin reporting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2pWHfQ-Ndk
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.