[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got myself a 52 liter backpack for my backpacking trip across
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 1449179520787.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1449179520787.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
I got myself a 52 liter backpack for my backpacking trip across Europe, which begins this week. I also have two compression packs. Any advice for how to pack my backpack and how much I should bring?
>>
>>642421
Don't use the compression bags unless you absolutely have to. Every time you crush down your loft, it insulates a little less. Try to keep as much weight as possible against your back and shoulders, and lighter items further away from your body. Toilet paper goes in its own pocket, NEVER in the bottom of your bag.
>>
>>642468
>Every time you crush down your loft

So I shouldn't use a compression bag for my winter coats that I plan on bringing?
>>
> backpacking across Europe
> in winter
> begins this week
> only asking for advice now
> not even knowing how to pack properly

I guess my best advice would be don't go. You're clearly not motivated in any way, shape or form.
>>
Hey guys I'm going on a 6000 mile hike around alaska tomorrow, I've already packed my suitcase but still not sure on what kind of sneakers I should wear, I'm thinking converse as they can help protect the ankles. Advice please
>>
>>642558
Crocs.
>>
>>642558
Paracord ractical laces or died.
>>
>>642515
Memeing this hard xD

What's wrong with backpacking across Europe in winter?
>>
>>642658
well he hasn't even described the nature of his trip. "Backpacking" is also something people call when you travel abroad and bring a backpack instead of suitcases and you just go on vacation. Often when people say they are backpacking across europe they just visiting cities across europe staying in hostels and hotels and that sort of thing.
>>
>>642674
>implying I don't know what backpacking is

The anon insinuated that there was something wrong with backpacking across Europe during the winter season.
>>
>>642421
>backpacking across Europe with this huge refugee/economic migrant/terrorist crises
Where are you starting and ending? Don't go to Balkans...
>>
>>642744
I'll begin in Amsterdam, work my way through the Netherlands, then I will go into Germany, work my way to Berlin, stay there for a while, and then work my way back to Amsterdam and return home

I have free places to stay at and whatnot. Do you think I'll actually have anything to worry about?
>>
>>642749
I thought you were going to cross all Europe. If you're going only from Netherlands to Germany you'll be fine anon. Still have try to be careful essentially near places like train stations and that kind of places. Also have in mind that police might want to search or talk to you sometimes, don't act treating, don't carry illegal shit and have id at all times. Godspeed.
>>
>>642737
>>642674

If fagatron up there in the OP can't even pack a suitcase to go my point still stands.

If he's going in winter he's going to have to take more shit. Whether he stays in a hotel or a tent.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 353x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 353x427
>>642757
>>
>>642421
I went backpacking across Europe some years back with good success.

My advice is take a lot of chocolate bars and cigarettes. Handing them out to the locals will get you anything from a hot home cooked meal to an evening between the sheets with some grateful frauline!
>>
>>642421
How long is this trip? You are giving us very little information here.

Also, in general, bring a suitcase along with your backpack, it'll make your life drastically easier on long trips abroad, trust me, m80.
>>
>>642886
What shit part of Europe did you go to?
>>
>>642886
I had the misfortune of doing some flyovers over Europe some years ago, the locals were not very hospitable, at least England was nice.
>>
>>642886
in exotic lands the women will sleep with you for chocolate bars! are non-american countries interesting?
>muricans
>>
>>642937
>>642934
Anon is meming about world war two, you mongs.
>>
>>642939
There is a fucking war on in Europe RIGHT NOW RETARD!

> and Europe is losing
> this war has no front
> yet it is in front of thier faces
> goodby Europe we know
>>
>>642933
It's five weeks, m8. Last time I went to Europe I brought way too much, but I also dragged around a suitcase with me. I'm trying to avoid that this time around.

I will be crashing at friends' and family places there, so I won't really have to sleep in hostels like a god damn scoundrel.
>>
Hey op if you slightly 'black up' a bit and wear some tidy casual clothes then you will be mistaken as a refugee and will receive free food and lodgings and train travel wherever you go. Smart street survival see.
>>
File: 1442968478445.jpg (11 KB, 288x297) Image search: [Google]
1442968478445.jpg
11 KB, 288x297
>>643434
>>
Here are a few tips:
>> Don't carry a knife other than a small swiss army knife.
>> nearly everyone understands english
>> when you are in small german villages, don't act stupid. especially in the former east there is a lot of PEGIDA and other nazipack.
>> Don't buy more weed then you smoke in one blunt in the netherland.
>> Don't follow people in Berlin at night into parks or alleys..
>> don't take it for granted the train arrives in time, especially in germany.

All you need is a little swiss army knife, warm clothes, rain-proof clothes, money, ID, credit card (best would be VISA) and your personal belongings.

Also the "chocklate" tip isn't that wrong: You can trade sweets from your home country into other delicates with people you meet. Also you should try one night in a cheap hostel just for fun.
>>
>>643900
>get bed bugs, it'll be fun
>>
>>643904
I've heard you can get gay aids if bitten by bed bugs, is this true?
>>
>>643900
Thanks for the advice, m8.

>>> Don't buy more weed then you smoke in one blunt in the netherland.

Why not?
>>
>>642421
Watch out for the new Shariah Police patrolling the streets of Britain and Germany. Wear a ski mask 24/7 and use dark facepaint so nobody knows you're white. Have fun!
>>
>>644025
Possession is illegal, even though cops aren't allowed to search you.

Yeah, Netherlands has weird laws.
>>
>>644025

>>644047
This. Also if you have it pacied in your bag and go to germany..well its tolerated to have up to 35g for "personal use" but it's not fun if the dogs at the border or in the train sniff on you and you and your bag get searched inside out.

>>643904
ust don't visit the shittiest one you can find. Most of the Hostels look shitty but have nice sanitation and a good hygiene, even if it has low standards regarding comfort and such.
>>
>>643904
We don't have bed bugs m8 we're first world.
>>
>>644027
gtfo back to /pol/
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.