[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/out/ animu?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Mushishi-Wallpaper-HD.jpg (1 MB, 4000x2400) Image search: [Google]
Mushishi-Wallpaper-HD.jpg
1 MB, 4000x2400
What are some good /out/doorsy anime shows and movies?

The only two I have watched are Mushishi (pic related), Princess Mononoke, and, to a degree, Spice and Wolf (including the books), all of which are among my favorites.

What others have you seen that you would recommend, preferably ones that are highly aesthetically pleasing and capture the essence of the outdoors very well, which should be implied, but I'm clarifying anyway.
>>
Sorry, I meant the three* that I have watched. Not two. I can count.
>>
Kino No Tabi, It's AOTYAY, nigga.
Yama No Susume is alright if you like lolis climbing mountains,
Also, Not really /out/ related but I watched Serial Experiments Lain when I was out on my first 5 day trip and it really intensified the sense of isolation and loneliness I had. Bretty good 5/5 anime though.
>>
Any Ghibli film. Non Non Biyori has a great country setting. Samurai Champloo has lots of traveling to different environments.
>>
>>642182
I just finished Lain a few weeks ago. Top tier show. One of my favorites.
>>642191
I've seen Champloo. Doesn't really ever focus on outdoors, though it has a lotta good looking outdoor scenery.
>>
>>642174

In the OVA of Upotte, the characters all go camping. That said, the series as a whole is far more /k/ related, than /out/ related.

Per the Wikipedia page

"Funco, Ichiroku, Elle and Sig go on a camping trip in the mountains where they do some fishing in the river, smash a watermelon and relax in a hot spring. Later as the girls turn in for the night, Funco and Sig make a promise that they'll always be together."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upotte!!
>>
File: Ginko.Mushishi.full.427823ww.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ginko.Mushishi.full.427823ww.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
>Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Pretty /out/ overall, minus the political themes.
>My Neighbor Totoro
A kid's movie and not really /out/ but completely rural. A story about young kids journeying into the woods and the creatures they find.
>The Garden of Words
Not /out/ but amazing scenery.

All I got for you. Mushishi is my all-time favorite anime, really wish we had more like it. Not anime but I've taken up X-Files and it's not really at all what I thought it would be like, as a kid I always thought of it as scary. But watching it now I see Agent Mulder is a lot like Ginko.

Don't watch [spoiler]"Home"[/spoiler] though.

I'd love to see some kind of modern-day fantasy series that is a mash up of Mushishi/X-Files. Follow a mellow protagonist around as he explores common myths/legends/folk-lore. Some laid back, some kinda spooky.
>>
I don't have a lot to add to these recommendations. Origin: Spirits of the Past has some nice "one with nature after an apocalypse" stuff. On par with Naussica, almost, but the whole thing kind of feels like a ripoff of Miyazaki's themes.
>>
>>642182
>Kino No Tabi
I opened the thread for the sole purpose of writing this.
>>
wolf children isnt a series but its pretty /out/
>>
>>642174
Gin no Saji isn't really nature-y but it is pretty farm-y.
>>
Magipoka
>>
File: 2010-11-27-18h44m28s242.png (483 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2010-11-27-18h44m28s242.png
483 KB, 640x480
>>645406
muh nigga
>>
>>642174
>Anime

Why don't you go fucking fuck yourself you fuck
>>
Mushi shi has traveling and nice scenery. Mostly about spirits called mushi and stuff.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.