[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Boots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 20
what are the best comfortable boots and that are waterproof and will last a long time
>>
Danner. I've got a pair of old Danner work boots that have lasted a good long time. They've got Goretex lining and are completely waterproof.
>>
File: dannerbootrepair.jpg (78 KB, 506x600) Image search: [Google]
dannerbootrepair.jpg
78 KB, 506x600
>>641411
Like deez.
>>
>>641414
Acadia, i just bought rhose couple months ago, solid. About $250_275.
>>
>>641415
PS

Dont get zipperd side, shit will fail.
>>
>>641380
Danners are nice, I have a pair. I also hear good things about red wings. I would look into whether you want them for hiking or work boot.
>>
>>641415
if you're gonna spend that much on boots get a pair or white's or redwings, or something real nice. If you take care of them they'll last 5+ years!
>>
British army assault boots
http://www.cadetdirect.com/bulling-polish-cadet-socks/cadet-boots-shoes/british-assault-boots/british-assault-boot-black
>>
If you want work boots look into Thorogoods.

$120 for horween leather(same as redwing but not as good clippings at times), goodyear-welted(ability to take to a cobbler for a resole, any welt is), almost no break-in period(comfy out the box).

Then just use Huberd's Shoe Grease or Obanauf's leather preserver to waterproof the leather.
>>
LOWA Mountain Boot
>>
>>641380
I have Danners on right now and I love them. Work 40+ hours a week in them. I had a pair of redwings, fucking hated them shits.
>>
File: 1400014076673.jpg (136 KB, 1000x881) Image search: [Google]
1400014076673.jpg
136 KB, 1000x881
>>641718
Agree with anon, ive owned two Red Wing boots and Vasques and my Lowa zephyr mid gtx is the best boot ive ever owned.
>>
>>641380
The best boots are the ones that fit you. /Out/ can name brands till the shitposters come home, but you need to go try them on before you buy.

Spending $200-$300 on boots that don't fit you is a waste of money.
>>
This company has some nice boots. Expensive tho.
https://www.alfaoutdoor.com/shop/hunting-boots/advance/jegerstovel-advance
>>
Timberland pros.

They breathe, but no sand dirt or water gets in, good traction, comfortable...can't praise them enough, wear them at work everyday.
>>
File: 610350976_o.jpg (147 KB, 1153x1023) Image search: [Google]
610350976_o.jpg
147 KB, 1153x1023
corcoran?
>>
>>641414
>>641718
>>641791
>Gore-Tex
Daily reminder that thick leather doesn't breathe no matter what. Also, goretex traps wather between the membrane and the leather which takes forever to get out.
>>
>>642139
reminder that OP specifically asked for leather boots, not the most breathable boots in the world

some times the dense leather/goretex material is preafarable to breathable boots
it depends on where you're going
>>
>>642143
His point appears to be that leather with no goretex would be better than leather with it. Not that boots must be breathable.
>>
>>641901
>>641718
>>641414
>>641380
Not trying to be a cunt or something but these look like something that a school shooter would use. Black leather boots are kinda lame if you wear them /out/side military.

>>641693
This ones look really good, it's a more casual style though.
>>
>>642183
>>>/fa/
>>
>>642183
Yeah , those are the moc-toe. I have the plain-toe Thorogoods in brown and I like them a lot.

Had them for about 2 1/2 years.They are triple stitched and seem pretty heavy duty for the upper leather. The wedge sole is really comfortable, pretty decent wear on them so far. Almost time for a resole.

Mostly just regular use walking around but I also take them for little hikes and hunting most recently. Held up fine in a bit of snow because I used Obanauf's to waterproof them.
>>
>>642183
>Not trying to be a cunt or something

at least you tried

you do realize this is out. your fashion boots arent worth shit offroad
>>
>>642206
>fashion boots
>>
>>641380
Danner Fort Lewis
>>
>>642209
>but black boots arent out!
>the military has always used coots like the ones i posted!
>you cant wear them if ur not military

why are you such a little bitch m8
>>
>>642224
>the military has always used coots like the ones i posted!
wrong
milfags only wear that shit if they are forced to. they are absolutely terrible for nearly everything. its much more common to see merrells and the like in the field these days
>>
>>642226
>>642224
it blows my mind that civilians actually pay money for boots we are forced to wear and hate, and somehow think they are better for it.
get a pair of hiking shoes like someone that actually does outdoorsy stuff
>>
>>642226
no nigga. paras used to wear stuff like this and yes theses types of boots are now relegated to parade use but they are still functional albeit less than merrels. also i think you just want to be oaf because its usually sf that wears that stuff.

>>642229
it worked years ago and you can get combat boots more oriented to hiking, but op didn't ask for your opinion. he just wanted suggestions for black boots. why do you hate it tho, methinks ur a soft one

also OP never specified heavy outdoor use so the boots posted would work well enough
>>
>>642183
It's 2015, though. Black boots are "tacticool" and coyote boots are "wannabe."

I do believe there is a difference.
>>
>>642224
>>642206
Whoa whoa whoa m80s, dude just pointed out the aestheto-social effects of wearing black leather boots. I got these here actually, but I usually wear pants above to stop getting strange looks.
>>
>>642242
i dont think op was concerned about that
>>
>>642238
and sage green is?
>>
>>642226
>>642229
Combat boots are just made for sturdyness, not comfort (They used to be even further on that scale, think of german or russian jackboots) I actually like them for being easy to clean and tight against water and mud. Plus I don't march dozens of miles in them, so I can deal with the lacking comfort.
>>
>>642252
It's fine if you leave your car and hike 2/3miles till your location. When you're hiking 40/45km a day during two weeks it sucks real fucking bad. But like you said you can deal with that, at the end the better it's what fits you right. We don't have all the same needs.
>>
>>642252
>think of german or russian jackboots

What are jackboots like to wear? Anyone know?
I tried on some rigger-type boots once and I hated them.
>>
>>642209
>>641380

Salomon makes the very best boots, hands down.
>>
>>642499
FYI Varusteleka has all black versions of some Salomon models. I don't know how common those are: I've never actually looked for them.
>>
File: image_70715.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image_70715.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
>>641380
I've been wearing rocky ironclads for 3 years now, waterproof and comfy as hell
>>
>>642235
no dude normal infantry units wear merrells. when did you last deploy?
>>
>>642246
special snowflake wannabe
>>
>>642712
>he isnt medically disqualified

if you say so ill take your word for it but it doesnt match my large collection of /k/ deployment photos
>>
I wear WW2 German jackboots I bought off of eBay.de for £17

They were supple as fuck after being oiled, fit me perfectly, fully pegged soles with a few half soles over the top, fully hobnailed with heel irons... I wear them everywhere /out/ and treat them with Bergsteiger Lederfett and dubbin... They're wonderful, never leaked water (even when crossing shallow streams).
I also wear footwraps over my woolen socks for extra warmth on very very very cold nights.
>>
File: hobnailedboots.jpg (53 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
hobnailedboots.jpg
53 KB, 720x960
>>642797
Here they are when I bought them originally to resell, these are the pics I took when I was going to sell them on a few years back, but I kept them.
>>
File: hobnailedboots1.jpg (46 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
hobnailedboots1.jpg
46 KB, 960x720
>>642797
They were worn through a war and have seen plenty of action, just look at those period repairs.
They're very comfortable, and were probably already impregnated with shit loads of wax, polish, lederfett and grease anyway.
>>
File: image_10_870 (1).jpg (71 KB, 1024x696) Image search: [Google]
image_10_870 (1).jpg
71 KB, 1024x696
>>642797
>fit me perfectly
That's rather rare with jackboots. Usually, the ankle is either tight and stiff or loose, and blisters are the usual result.
There's ways to solve that problem though... I wonder wether such boots would be an interesting thing for /out/doorsmen if priced competitively.
>>
File: P1150648.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
P1150648.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1920
>>643120
When I was 16 I had a good thing buying and selling jackboots, I''d buy and sell about 5 pairs a week for 2 years, East German, Russian, WW2 (2 pairs WW1), Bulgarian, Belgian.. all eras. I've kept about 10 pairs.
1. Finnish jackboots, used, can be bought from Verustelaka for about £20. These are marvellous, they have VERY VERY thick, heavy duty stitched leather and rubber soles and the leather used in construction is very thick. Watertight after a few coatings of lederfett and dubbin. They were made for use in the snow after all.
2. East German EM jackboots. Hard to find, but retail is usually about £30. These have a very thick molded hard rubber sole and heel, watertight aswell, but it's hard to get a good fit and their shafts are quite wide, even when the foot fits relatively tightly you can still kick these off in 1 or 2 swift kicks.
3. W.German Bundeswehr jackboots, these are also good, but have leather soles and are designed for parade use. They do have an iron heel and stacked leather heel, which is good. They are lined with soft leather on the inside which improve their water resistance. I use these boots when doing WW2 things and they've been great in mud, rain and generall bad terrain. These break in wonderfully.
4. (Almost) knee high Austrian constabulary boots from the 1930s. These boots have leather soles and are all pegged together. I don't wear these so not much info lol
... Should I continue? Anyone else in love with jack boots?

Pic related, my current fav. boot for /out/ wear and how its been broken in after the years. Needs another half sole pegged on and toe caps to be nailed in and shit.
>>
>>642226
We be wearing danners and rockys and they be tan or that Baby shit color the airforce faggots have
>>
>>643282
How long did you walk in them? How well did they fit at the heel (did you get blisters)? How's the sweating with the high leather?
>>
File: P1150647.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
P1150647.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1920
>>643334
They fit well with a pair of thick woolen socks (I stole about 100 pairs of 1930s pure woolen Swedish army socks whilst working with a surplus company lol). I never ever got blisters from them as the leather was (and still is) very soft. Your feet do get very hot in these boots, but it's a sensation you get used to. I'm not exactly sure how long I've worn them for, but I've worn them in way over 30 different camping/hiking trips, many many reenactments etc.
Remember they were bought surplus, so these boots also saw hundreds of parades and drills in their time.
>>
File: CHIPPEWA_MOUNTAIN_BOOT_1.jpg (82 KB, 576x535) Image search: [Google]
CHIPPEWA_MOUNTAIN_BOOT_1.jpg
82 KB, 576x535
>>641414
> Like deez.

I’ve got a pair of milspec Chippewa Army Mountain Boots I got my mom to buy me back in late 70s when I was in Boy Scouts (with double socks, they were my go-to winter boots) and they’re still in great shape after all these years, though admittedly I never wear them anymore, as they’re heavy and I’ve got better modern boots.

>>642139
> goretex traps wather between the membrane and the leather which takes forever to get out.

Nonsense, I’ve got leather & Goretex boots and the leather dries out fine, it’s just that leather boots require periodic treatment with mink oil.
>>
File: CHIPPEWA_MOUNTAIN_BOOT_2.jpg (75 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
CHIPPEWA_MOUNTAIN_BOOT_2.jpg
75 KB, 576x432
>>643684
>>
>>643687
>37.50 per pair
):
>>
File: muh-boots.jpg (783 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
muh-boots.jpg
783 KB, 2048x1152
>>641417

I've had my side-zip magnums for a few years now and they've held up so far, I've only had to change the insoles as they wore out or got stinky. Mine are the steel toe, the extra weight doesn't bother me and it comes in handy for kicking down cairns.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 434x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 434x317
Meindl devours, brown not black, but the best boot I have ever warn. I hunt south east BC in the Rocky Mountain region. Wear these boots 16 weekends straight and the rest of the year for hiking. Had them for 3 years and will likely have them for another 5 or even 7 years. Highly recommend for the price 350$ CAD. Daners are not what they used to be, trust me, I work in the logging industry yarding and I'll go through 2 sets of chokermen boots a year now, back in the 90's they were unbeatable now they're garbage.
>>
>>641414
I've worn my acadias 40+ hours a week for almost three years. If you keep the leather treated and add some insoles, they wont let you down. Mine are do for a resole soon.
>>
>>644005
I bet those are epic cairn kickers.
>>
>>642242
>>642183
So don't wear it at school.
>>
Try to find something with an actual leather or Goodyear welt, that's what attaches the upper to the outsole. That way a trip to a cobbler for a resole is easier. Just about everything else needs a special machine or depends on glue
>>
File: 7550376eln.jpg (59 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
7550376eln.jpg
59 KB, 600x450
German combat boots are GOAT
>>
>>645823
Their jungle boots too, the tropenstiefel are god-tier
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.