[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Pic related

I live near a residential inlet that leads into Lake Pontchartrain. I know that there are largemouth bass in this lake, but every attempt to catch them has failed. I did catch one with my cast net though. I cut him up to see what they have been eating, and I found a small crab in his stomach. Should I look for imitation crab lures instead of jerk baits and spinners/crankbaits?

The inlet is manmade, it starts at the bulk head, then depth drops to 10 feet, and it keeps sloping until it hits 60 feet in the middle. I'm pretty sure the bass stay in the 10 feet zone.

Please give me some advice, I've never caught a bass before.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
The view behind the last pic
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
The bass I caught with the net
>>
>>640663
You broke the law son. Delete this thread or expect a visit from fish and wildlife
>>
>>640659
Right now, as water temp is low, I would suggest going for smallmouth since they are most active. Lmb are slow and sluggish at this point, I would wait until spring. And yes, get a pig n jig or some kastmasters with some hair jigs with craw trailers and do a very slow retrieve. If you think you're retrieving slow enough, slow down even more (or whatever the fuck they say)
>>
>>640659
Look for dropoffs or things standing out in the water that could provide cover for the fish and cast around there
>>
>>640690
Wait why? What law..?
>>
>>640735
Netting bass is a serious crime and then you killed it, another crime and then you posted pics. Be smart and delete this
>>
>>640743
>netting bass is a serious crime.

Not in my state faggot.

>killing bass is a serious crime
Not in my state faggot.
>>
>>640696
What jig n pig lure and color would you recommend?
>>
>>640744
Bullshit.
>>
>>640743
It's brackish water, I can't see what netting. I'm just throwing it out off my dock hoping to get mullet
>>
>>640800
Its depends on whether the water is clear or murky

I always go with black and blue though
>>
>>640820
As long as we don't use cast nets in Maine, ie. Using dip nets we can net anything we want. Also in some bodies of water in Maine, Bass are seen as a nuisance, ie. An invasive species, we are encouraged to kill what we catch in most bodies of water, they aren't native to Maine and they have a detrimental effect on the trout populations.
At some of my fishing holes there are signs that state of you catch bass and pickerel you are obligated to kill them.
>>
>>640659
Are you required to use artificial bait there, OP?

In Minnesota, I exclusively use live leaches for largemouth bass. Deadly anytime they want to eat at all. Check your lunar charts, I see some accuracy with bass feeding times.
>>
>>640743
>illegal fishing

>serious crimes

>game commisions anywhere ever having enough money/ manpower/ resources to investigate an anonymous post on an imageboard over 1 fish

stop being retarded/trolling and poach yourself
>>
>>641236
bullshit
>>
>>641645
Go read the fucking Maine IFW for northern Maine lakes and ponds.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.