[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much would something like this costs me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: hunting-house-6.jpg (304 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
hunting-house-6.jpg
304 KB, 960x640
How much would something like this costs me?
>>
About three fifty thousand.
>>
>>640484
300 million dollars if its filled with gold
>>
>>640493
>>640496
seems a lot of money for a small cabin, senpaitachi.
>>
just build it yourself OP. it's just wood nails, Insulator, Siding and glass oh and some aluminum.
I'd get a guy to do the foundation tho don't want your house sinking but i'm thinking a thick layer of gravel would do just fine
>>
10-30k usd would probably be the cost of materials. Then there's the matter of the land, getting said materials to the land and labor.
>>
>>640533
This pretty much.

You're looking at around 40-50k if you do the work yourself and buy the materials with a concrete foundation.

Much less if you can find the wood for free and re-purpose it. Might be hard to find enough usable wood for that size building though, let alone getting it into workable condition.

This also depends if you want indoor plumbing, and other features.

(note the cost of land is NOT included in this estimate and depending on your location could be easily double or triple this number.
>>
>>640533
>>640543
Thanks guys, I really needed a few lights before start planing if should I go ahead with something similar in a near future.
>>
Not that much if you skimp on siding
T111 is cheap as fuck and looks half decent and holds up surprisingly well
If building it yourself 5-15k max. Depending on how much you splurge on materials
Hiring someone allr more possibly
>>
File: hunting-house-1.jpg (379 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
hunting-house-1.jpg
379 KB, 960x640
>>
Some people are saying as low as 5k... if you build it just like the picture you'll have 5K in just the windows.

That's not including and fixtures inside to make it livable. You can easily have 5K In just flooring for the place, you can have another 5K for kitchen cabinets, and another 5K in appliances and furniture. That's still not including 5K for the truses, roof, and insulation, plumbing, ect ect

It adds up really really fast. Sure you can build a shell of a house for cheap, it's everything else that adds up. You'd never build something this nice just to have an amply space inside.

The absolute cheapest you could build this, with land, spetic, plumbing, everything all in, would be 100k.
>>
>>640496
>>640484

Give me some more info OP. Where should it be located? Need to know about power hookup/toilet etc also what is the size of the house?
>>
>hunting-house-6.jpg

have these people never heard the term "cabin"?
>>
>>640748
If you Google search the image, it's not really just a cabin, it's a house. A very high end one at that, with expensive finishes. The first picture posted is the house, the second picture is the detached sauna house. I belive the house is located in Lithuania. I think OP is thrown off by thinking it's a "hunting cabin", but the owner just based the theme of the house off his favorite hobby of hunting.

It's a luxury, high end home, and would be very expensive to build.
>>
>>640748
This anon gets it.>>640760

http://www.devyniarchitektai.lt/en/works/167

>>640736
It would be built in southern europe, the preocupation with insulation and that stuff would not be needed, and I'm not accounting the land because I could get a suficient piece of it for fairly cheap. Also I'm just asking for something like this outside aesthetics, the inside would be fairly simple, the windows have no need to be this big by any means even though I live in a really sunny country so would be nice to have it though.

The only big concerns are the electric power, water and toilet.

>>640733
>>
>>640771
If you had water, you need heat to keep pipes from freezing, and if you have heat you need insulation. Even if it gets below freezing only a few days a year, you need insulation if you have plumbing. The only other option would be to winterize the plumbing every winter, like is done with an RV. It's kind of a pain bit it can be done.

You can bud a cabin for cheap. You can not build a house like this for cheap.
>>
>>640803
Only in extreme cold years the temperatures drop anywhere near freezing point here. for example it's 10pm and it's 15Âșc (59F) outside, early December... As I said I'm not really worried about insulation, the electric power on other end...

For like 1000 ft2 of area, with lamps, kitchen equipment and enough power for electric tools, how many watts would I need? Maybe this thread would fit better in /diy/, though.
>>
>>640816
Diy will tell you to build an underground shelter with shipping crates and insulate with fake crab meat. And make all your furniture out of painted pallets.
>>
File: 1448148319451.jpg (132 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1448148319451.jpg
132 KB, 400x500
>>640484
Build this meme house instead OP. Im building it in sweden in the next 5-7 years
>>
>>640493

I see what you did there.
>>
>>640816
You need insulation stop being stupid
>>
You can always cut cost by getting barn wood and old windows. Heck maybe you can even get some brick up in there.
>>
>>641004
I would live in that sexy bitch so hard...
>>
>>641004
Any plans for this thing?

I find it interesting.
>>
File: temperature-graph.png (16 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
temperature-graph.png
16 KB, 600x400
>>641542
Just because you may live in a frozen shithole that doesn't mean I need the same stuff as you do. Stop trying to push me to buy your company's insulation products. Pic very related
>>
>>640484
>How much would something like this costs me?
Well, what are you putting inside? I know a guy that built a similar albeit bigger shack type thing. He then decked it out with granite countertops and a $3500 range.
>>
>>640493
Go back to /b...
Oh wait.
>>
>>640484
Anywhere from a few grand to a few million depending on where it is and whether you're building it yourself or not.
>>
>>641669
I live in New Zealand. it gets down to freezing about as often here as it does there.
An uninsulated building is a summer home
>>
>>641569
>>641576

http://www.prairiewindarch.com/award.html
>>
>>640484
That won't be water tight for long without eves.
>>
>>641838
lol so true. its so popular to build with a hip aesthetic, with zero function. This guy is talking about no insulation too...wtf. I'm surprised the exterior walls aren't just glass. What's heating and cooling it? = pipe dreams
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.