[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snow Bath
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: mentalswede.jpg (17 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
mentalswede.jpg
17 KB, 220x220
Have any of you ever tried to wash yourselves with snow? I'm headed out for a couple of days, our shower at home is being renovated, and I'm pretty greasy. Thought I might try rubbing some snow on myself when I get out there.

Does this work? Will I die?
>>
no it doesn't work and no you won't die
>>
>>640371
> snow bath doesn't work
> smoke bath does work

What ev.

OP, yes it works. Stick with it until your dick looks like $0.45 in nickles.
>>
Ow! Why would you do this?

Fill your sink with soapy water. Get a rough washcloth. Scrub yourself with the cloth while standing in front of the sink. Once you're clean, drain the water and scrub yourself with the non-soapy cloth until you are no longer soapy. You'll get a hell of a lot cleaner and you wont freeze/cut yourself on the snow.
>>
>>640377
smoke doesn't fucking clean you it just makes you smell like smoke so you don't smell horrible. snow won't clean you and it has no smell so it won't do a single fucking thing
>>
>>640358
ignore all these fucks op, it does work, but its unpleasant as all hell. the tiny ice crystals will scratch you, and its cold.

For best results have a nearby fire to warm up/dry off, and don't go to bed wet.
>>
I've scrubbed my hands with snow plenty of times and it works pretty well. Scrubbing you're whole body would be awful though
>>
>>640358
why not build a sauna? I'm sure you could rig something up with a tarp.
>>
File: DSC02737_-L.jpg (77 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
DSC02737_-L.jpg
77 KB, 800x533
>>640358
Why in the fuck would you ever want to do that?

Go to a YMCA, gym, local indoor swimming pool, whatever, use those facilities.
I've got a shower at the office.
Or sponge-bath from the kitchen sink.

But a fucking "snow bath"? Fuck that nonsense.
I've wiped grease/oil from my sled off my hands with snow before and even that's not very enjoyable.
>>
I had to wipe my ass with snow once. It wAs uncomfortable since it took a lot of snow but my ass was clean by the end of it. I had gloves so my hands weren't cold.
>>
Grease help protect your skin from the cold.
>>
>no one in the thread actually uses saunas
Really, /out/?

Anyway

I would just bring a bucket into the hallway and clean there to get it to melt faster. Or just, you know, melt the snow beforehand.

Or use one of your other faucets.
>>
>>640553
>Go to a YMCA, gym, local indoor swimming pool, whatever, use those facilities.
This

I used to shower for free at the hospital for a whole year. They had prime showers (lockable room with sink, toilet, shower) in the physiotherapy ward in the basement, and no one would ever ask any questions.

I wasn't even in physiotherapy, just noticed them went I was dicking around looking for an alleged cold war tunnel connecting the hospital with the city council building
>>
>>640826
Did you ever find the tunnel?
>>
I don't think that will wash you. I have done that but ran to sauna after that.
>>
>>640836
no

A lot of the infrastructure here was built between WWII and the Cold War, so several cities actually have old tunnels (capable of driving in) connecting the hospitals with bunkers or other key locations in the cities.

Nearly all of it was sealed in the late 80s. Rubbled pushed into the entrances, concrete slabbed on top and even the vents are usually sealed shut.
>>
>>640869
Swefag? At least it is like this in large parts of sweden
>>
>>640358
Québecfag here, I take often snow bath, but it's only to help me wake up before I take a shower.
I took one once when temperature was at -42C when I was on an island in the middle of the Saint-Laurent. It was awesome.
>>
>>640822
I mean, I have a Skyrim mod that adds a bathhouse and sauna in Morthal. So I've been there.
>>
>>640377
That is nine nickels.
>>
>>640358
If you live in a place that actually has a winter, you are guaranteed to get frostbite.
>>
File: my feeling exactly.png (95 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
my feeling exactly.png
95 KB, 219x230
i've used snow to wipe my ass after taking a shit. stung like a motherfucker.
>mfw my cousin said it was superior wiping

pinecone masterrace forever more
>>
>>640358
swedefag here, as long as you have somewhere warm to go after its fine, we usually do it in winter, scream and jump naked around flinging snowballs at each other, it hurts and its cold as hell. but then we run into the sauna and drink beer so its fine, otherwise i dont recommend it, especially not if youre alone in bumfuck nowhere
>>
File: 1436274561475.gif (3 MB, 309x225) Image search: [Google]
1436274561475.gif
3 MB, 309x225
>>643353
hey, you can count.
>>
>>640358

Just melt some of the snow you dingus.
>>
>>640869
what a waste
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.