[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to use these bobber stoppers? I figured you just pulled on the string and cinched it tight on the fishing line, but no dice
>>
>>640230
the tube is just to slip the rope on, slip on line, pull knot off, tighten knot

theyre garbage anyway, i just tie a mooring hitch in my line to hold floaters/ strike indicators on
>>
>>640249
this
The rigs that come with the bobbers are usually useless, but the bobbers themselves are top tier
>>
>>640249
>>640286
Thanks
>>
>>640249
>>640286
But they come with little beads too, what do I do with them?
>>
>>640299
the bead goes above the rope in the op pic.
>>
File: steelhead_bobber-rig-2.png (153 KB, 981x493) Image search: [Google]
steelhead_bobber-rig-2.png
153 KB, 981x493
>>640230
>Can someone PLEASE tell me how to use these bobber stoppers?

Or save yourself the hassle and just use a regular clip-on bobber.
>>
>>640392
How in the heck would you fish a rig like that?
>>
>>640392
Why the fuck would anyone use a clip bobber.
The whole point of a slip rig is to be able to adjust depth without having a shit ton of line flailing around. With a static bobber you're limited to however much line you're willing to sling around when casting. The slip rig leaves only the length of your leader out when casting.
>>
>>640404
You slide the bobber stop up and down to whatever depth you need.

The advantage over a clip on bobber is it doesn't leave more than your leader hanging when casting.
>>
>>640392
the bigger question here is.

why aren't you buying a pack of .99 cent hotdogs, throwing like a size 6 hook on some line, like a 4 gram weight 6-8 inches above the hook, and cutting a piece of hotdog and hooking it up, throwing it in. and catching catfish that way.. all the fucking hotdog has to do is sit on the bottom of what ever waterway your fishing in...

also catfish are nasty and gross and only coons eat those nasty fucks.
>>
>>640456
But how do you fish this?
Is it only for drifting in a river?
>>
>>640461
No, can be used on still water. Use it the same way you would a clip on, with no restraints on depth.
>>
>>640460
I like me some fried catfish and I'm not a coon
>>
>>640467
Are you then jigging it along? Also how are you casting this?
This is flyrod stuff right?
>>
>>640499
>>640499
No... wat... wat the heck. Where did you get fly rods out of this? This is a conventional gear rig.

Yes, you can jig whatever is underneath by raising your rod tip, bringing it back down, then reeling in the slack. You cast it as normal. The bobber stop can be reeled all the way into the spool if you need to go that deep. You just reel up to the float and cast as usual.
>>
>>640499
Although I prefer to use a barrel swivel, with a slip sinker above that. Fixed floats tend to get caught more.
>>
>>640512
>Where did you get fly rods out of this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qwPVHY3R9A
>>
>>640516
Those aren't fly reels. Those are centerpin reels on float rods.
>>
>>640513
Sorry, meant fixed weights.
>>
>>640461
>But how do you fish this?
>>
>>640516
are centerpins good for anything but river float fishing? They look fun but nobody uses them.
>>
>>640455
Ice fishing, but I agree slip bobbers are still better.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.