[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I prepare for natural disaster/power outage/social collapse/oil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1447752069938.jpg (188 KB, 1600x1215) Image search: [Google]
1447752069938.jpg
188 KB, 1600x1215
I prepare for natural disaster/power outage/social collapse/oil crisis/whatever might happen. Any number of things could happen to disrupt the supply of heat, food, and water. Why leave your survival to chance?

Post your setup and what you intend to stockpile in the future.
>>
>>637467
You're going to stockpile platypuses?

Fun times ahead in your bunker.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 700x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 700x404
>>637481
I guess I never knew the plural of platapuss
The things you learn on /out.
>>
>>637483
>>637483
You can say platypuses , platypi , or pladypodes
>>
>>637484
But pladypodes is the only correct word.
>>
>>637467
Kawaii
:D
>>
>>637467
Enjoy the poisonous barb
>>
>>637467

>post your setup and plans for the future

you first faggot, what I got aint nobodys concern but my own.
>>
>>637467
Just for the record, the platypus is the only animal that you can get both milk and eggs from...
>>
>>637503
You forgot mourning doves
>>
>>637504
Crop milk... well, that Wikipedia article is officially one of the most disgusting things I've ever read... and I've read twilight.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 421x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 421x600
>>637481
I come to you oh great source of knowledge,
If a group of geese I called a gaggle,
What is the name for a groupe of platypuses?
>>
>>637467
water is your main concern a surprising amount of it gets used up day by day and it doesn't store very well for years in pet bottles so you actually need to put some effort in that one.
then you should stockpile the basics sugar flour rice some canned meat and fish in a cold dry place.
thirdly the meds research what keeps well after expiration dates and store some antibiotics disinfectants and painkillers and whatnot for a couple of years.

in the very beginning you should decide what time you want to prepare for and base everything on that. don't forget 4l of water per person per day is the main priority.

the generally recommended 3 day bag should be easy enough and most households have enough food for 3 days anyways only without power and water you can't prepare most of it if utilities are out.
>>
>>637590
This.

But water is easy if you get a bathtub bag. That's about fifty gallons of storage right there.

>>637577
A puddle.
>>
24 “But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; 25 the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.
28 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So you also, when you see these things happening, know that it[f] is near—at the doors! 30 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. 31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
32 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. 34 It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. 35 Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning— 36 lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!”
>>
37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. 40As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. 41The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
>>
>>637590
For a while I was buying those 2.5 gallon water jugs and sticking them in a closet. Turns out the plastic is super cheap and one got a hole and drained all over everything.... big mess.

I'm thinking about getting a couple big blue plastic jugs and filling them with tap water to store 30 gallons or so (2 people and 1 medium dog for 2 weeks). It will get used for camping trips before it's been sitting for too long. Hurricanes and power outages are a real possibility where I live.
>>
>>637467
I got a bunch of MREs, emergency rations, a lot of non perishables, water purification tabs, fuel tabs, and excellent cold weather gear because Canada.

Also guns, AR, pistols, shotguns, rifles, lots of guns and ammo.

I'm only really worried about natural disasters and power outages, and my stockpile is more than enough to handle those contingencies.
>>
>>637855
I had the same thing happen. I found a big spot of black mold under one of the jugs I was keeping as storage. Good thing the carpet was getting replaced anyway, or I would have been out my deposit.
>>
>>637752
yeah if you know the water supply is gonna be tainted or stop then you can clean out the bathtub and fill it. chlorinate it from time to time and cover it to keep dirt out.
it's only like 100-150l tho and you have to know in advance.
if shtf without much warning or you are not at home then of it's a water supply infection type crisis or the sewer seeps up into your bathtub (yeah it can happen) you are fucked.
>>637855
get pe bottles 10 or 20 liter rated to food safety longterm!
>>
>>637483
That picture is scary.
>>
>>637483
Actually, there are several correct plural versions of platypus. They are
>platypus
>platypuses
>platypi
>>637484
>platypodes
Nope, and you also missed "platypus" which can be used as a plural form of platypus.
>>637492
Female platypi do not have poisonous barbs.
>>637503
Nope, there's also echidnas.
>>
>>640165
My monotreme autism was about to kick in. Thanks for correcting them.
>>
>>640165
> Dear Anon, I thank Godess' for yous!
>>
I remember when this board first arrived and it was all about enjoying nature and the outdoors.

When did /k/ and /pol/ take over with all this doomsday conspiracy shit?
>>
>>644168
About two days later.

But on topic, water is probably the most important. Uncontaminated water might be hard to come by.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.