[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats up /out/ I really like the north face stratos jackets,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: prodzoomimg28038.jpg (431 KB, 1032x1200) Image search: [Google]
prodzoomimg28038.jpg
431 KB, 1032x1200
Whats up /out/

I really like the north face stratos jackets, i tried one on the other day and it seems like a decent outer layer.

Two things I'd like to ask you people

What do you guys think of the quality of tnf products?

Will the zips under the armpits leak and kill me?
>>
>>637223
Quality isn't what it used to be but it's still better than walmart stuff.
Armpit zips are good, no dangers
>>
>>637223
My dad got me some as a present. They work good, but there are much better if you look for them. They're to clothes what glock is to guns: not cheap trash, not the best you can get either, but overall reliable and common.
>>
>>637223
Pretty good stuff for the price.
>>
>>638526
What would you consider the best available out there?
>>
Is Mountaingear a good brand?
>>
>>638526
list your brands /out/ brands you recommend

Watch yourself glock 20 is best pistola
>>
>>641435
Not the guy you replied to but:

For hunting clothing I like First Lite. Core4element is breddy gud also and a little less expensive as it is on sale a lot.

Marmot precip is excellent rain gear. Helly Hansen if it is really blitzing rain.

Back when GoLite was around they were top tier. If they ever restart production I plan to gear up with their shit.

Like Mountain Standard stuff quite a bit. They make a hard face fleece jacket that I wear more than any other.
>>
>>641435
Outdoor Research
>>
>>641435
Filson
Fjallraven
>>
>>641435
patagonia
>>
>>637223

I'm after goretex winter jacket but I find north face and usual outdoor gear hideous.

Is there something in M65 style or mid tacticool as CWU45?
>>
>>641688
>Is there something in M65 style
Fjällräven has some hunting jackets that are on the okay side of not looking like milsurp

http://www.fjallraven.se/sormland-down-shirt-jacket
>>
>>641688
http://www.burton.com/default/undefeated-x-alpha-industries-x-burton-m-65-trench-jacket/W16-153421.html?cgid=burton-undefeated-alpha&start=3

that said: just why?
>>
>>637223
Recommend me a good jacket to stay warm while waiting for the bus this winter. Ideally around $150-200. Waterproofing isn't very important (usually waiting in a shelter and only walk outside for 20 minutes or less).
>>
>>640070
>>641435

Sierra designs is the absolute best. Surprised they aren't mentioned on /out/ very often if ever.

Next is Patagonia.
>>
>>641612
>filson
Please, leave
>>
I like north face outerwear a lot but I got a relative that works for Columbia Sportswear and she hooks me up with 50% off passes so pretty much I just wear Columbia and Mountain hardwear.
>>
>>641435
Outdoor research is fantastic, mountain hardware, tnf, marmot, and montbell have never given me issues. Been quite happy with all my fear from those brands. Eddie Bauer is pretty fucking good too, especially if you have access to an outet
>>
RIP
>>
>>641435
I buy quite a lot of Rab clothing, pretty pricey but use it for /out/ activities as well as everyday wear since it looks the part.
>>
>>641435
My buddy jokes that I'm sponsored by Mountain Hardwear. I really like the brand and I have a pro deal account with them which gets me really steep discounts.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.