[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a good price to pay for liquid iodine? what is a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: thumbnail.jpg (12 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.jpg
12 KB, 200x300
What is a good price to pay for liquid iodine?
what is a good brand to order from?
thanks in advance
>>
>>634306
Bleach is cheaper, and it's already in your tap water. Buy off-brand without scents.
>>
>>634306
Don't buy liquid, buy polar pure. Put water in it as soon as you get it though cause the iodine crystals will sublimate.
20 dollarydoos on amazon.
>>
You can get Nascent Iodine on Amazon. I have it.
>>
>>634315

You do know iodine kills more shit in water than bleach?
>>
>>634843
Iodine can also be used to clean wounds, while bleach can not.

Just buy cheap stuff. Chemically it's all the same stuff. Don't worry about brand.
>>
buy form info wars, my dad does and my hole senpai takes it ...... we use fluroide sheald and survival sheald but ever sence we stated to go fluoride free my frades improved a shit ton
*** Sorry for my shitty spelling"**"*
>>
>>634306
Just go to the store and get 2% tincture and leave it in the brown bottle because it goes bad if it gets light
>>
>>634843
Bleach is good enough for the water you drink at home, probably containing runoff from another city's waste. Why wouldn't it be good enough for the water coming from a high mountain stream in the woods, where most pathogens don't affect humans anyway?

I'm seriously asking. I use a Sawyer filter, and plan on carrying bleach just as a backup.
>>
File: bd.jpg (56 KB, 382x540) Image search: [Google]
bd.jpg
56 KB, 382x540
Have used pic related. Even for dam water which cattle were wading in.
>>
>>635418
Typically, because public water systems remove dead bodies that can contaminate the water miles away from where you're getting it. Not being a smartass but really that is a big deal and real thing that can happen. Usually you don't have to worry about those kinds of contaminants in faucet water. Though things do happen.
>>
>>635418
>Bleach is good enough for the water you drink at home, probably containing runoff from another city's waste. Why wouldn't it be good enough for the water coming from a high mountain stream in the woods, where most pathogens don't affect humans anyway?
They don't use "bleach", they have a monitored ppm of chlorine that they maintain. Bleach can become ineffective more easily than iodine, which has a basically unlimited shelf life in comparison. Iodine can sublimate from an aqueous solution into air, but will take a while to do so to such an extent that it will seriously impact it's ability to disinfect. If you're using something like Polar Pure so long as you still have crystals, any sublimation will be counteracted by the dissolution of crystals into the water and you will have a very constant concentration of iodine during storage.
http://www.hikelight.com/18ultralightbackpackingwatertreatment.html
>4. Sodium hypochlorite off-gases (just oxygen, but it will pressurize, especially in temperatures above 60 degrees F). Household bleach usually contains 5% available chlorine when bottled, and as it is stored it begins to become less effective immediately, sometimes losing most of its effectiveness completely within a few months (it will still bleach clothing). If hikers fill a small container with bleach that has been stored for a while, or if the container they put it in has any material in it that might use up the chlorine, it's already mostly ineffective.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.