[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys.. New to this part of 4chan.. Been lurking when it gets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
Hey guys.. New to this part of 4chan.. Been lurking when it gets slow in my tree stand. I was walking out of the woods the other day and saw this.. 2 questions. What type of tree is this? And what causes these marks? I'm in Ohio.
>>
That looks like some sort of man made marking.
>>
>>631143
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>631145
>>631146
I'm not necessarily worried about it as much as I am curious. If you look at the base of the tree it looks like the bark is coming in as the tree matures... Hence the curiousity about the type of tree. I saw it there last year, and only found it again recently. Just wondering if maybe a small black bear is responsible or something of that nature
>>
>>631143
I agree with >>631146
It really isn't anything to worry about
>>
An idiot scarring up a tree
>>
looks as if it might be a sycamore tree, the marks are most likely assholes putting a knife or axe to the side of it.
>>
>>631143
Croatoan
>>
>>631146
Oh come on, they don't have claws... Right?
>>
>>631162
That's a beech tree you dingus.
>>
>>631176
And those marks? As far as I know, I'm the only one in these woods. Obviously I could be wrong though.
>>
File: MGTOW feelsquatch.jpg (43 KB, 653x500) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW feelsquatch.jpg
43 KB, 653x500
Its art
Self portrait by a sqmompsquamch
>>
File: 1445754003939.jpg (64 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1445754003939.jpg
64 KB, 600x600
>>631146
>>631149
>>631169
>>
Fagacea Fagus grandifolia

Some asshole with a pocket knife. Dudes carve up beech trees all the time.
>>
>>631143
some asshat threw knife into tree
>>
>>631143
Beech tree

Marks likely from a black bear.
>>
>>631146
>>631149
I WANT SKINWALKERS OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEE
>>
>>631592
Probably this guy is right, but those are different than other bear scars I've seen.

Def beech, though. And beech have nuts. And bears like them.
>>
>>631600
thats more what i was thinking. there was a black bear spotted like 10 miles from here and theyre making their way back into ohio. looks also like a manmade "A" though.
>>
>>631629
Look up bear scar beech on google images. You;ll see what they typically look like. That's a good size beech, though- the right size for bears. I agree that the scarring is a little odd.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.