[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody have any experience with these boots? im really thin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: bots.jpg (27 KB, 465x536) Image search: [Google]
bots.jpg
27 KB, 465x536
Anybody have any experience with these boots? im really thinking about getting them.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/14774?feat=506794-GN2&page=men-s-gore-tex-cresta-hiking-boots-leather&attrValue_0=Dark%20Brown&productId=20674
>>
Does anyone know of any cheaper better boots?
>>
LL Bean stuff is ridiculously over priced, even when I go to their outlet stores the stuff on sale is still more expensive than at other stores. I don't know whats the better buy for this particular pair of boots but I am certain it exists.
>>
all ive heard is great things about these boots except for the price
>>
>>630273
i have a shoe with vibram soles.
i fucking hate it. it cracks with each step like broken pieces of plastic snapping again and again. *crack* *crack* *crack* ... fucking annoying.
one thing must be mentioned tho, even on smooth marble tiles covered in icey slimey shit where everyone tiptoed around like a bunch of penguins i could just waltz as normal, on every surface it makes great traction i have yet to find anything it slips on that much is true.
>>
>>630273
>>630274

You can get similar boots for less from Vasque.
>>
File: chip.jpg (33 KB, 609x815) Image search: [Google]
chip.jpg
33 KB, 609x815
>>630305
i have vibram soles on my Chippewas they did the same thing, but my chippewas only lasted me about a year with everyday wearing and they are pretty worn out and beat down kind of dissapointed
>>630307
like what? ive been searching for hours but vasques have the best reviews
>>
That's a pretty fair price if they're good boots.

If you're going to be outside, hiking around, drop the coin and get the best boots you can. Your feet will thank you. A long day of hiking, even if it's through good terrain, will wear you out. It goes past the feet too. Bad boots will make your legs and back and shoulders hurt too.

My personal hunting/hiking boots are a pair of Redwings. If you're looking for cheaper though, Redwings has a cheaper, made in China brand called Irish Setter. I've never owned a pair, but I've good things.

Merrell's are nice too. I've tried them on, but never field tested any.
>>
>>630273
Its worth mentioning that LL Bean has a no questions asked lifetime warranty. 10 years down the line you can send those back and have them replaced with new boots even without a receipt or proof of purchase.
>>
Where are those made, cause for that money you could get some really good Italian or German boots with a little smart shopping?
>>
>>630346
they are made in europe
>>
>>630314
So not true. They will give you a credit for the lowest price its been sold. Usually about $40
>>
>>630314
>lifetime warranty
They typically cover the lifetime of the product, not a person. And they typically only cover material or manufacturing faults, not wear and tear.

Lifetime guarantees are not all they are cracked up to be.

>>630273
The most important thing you can do is TRY THEM ON. Make sure they are comfortable before you buy them.
>>
>>630273
I have a pair of these. They are really comfortable and the soles grip pretty well. I admit they are expensive but I got a great deal on them. The only thing is that the leather will scuff easily and stop looking all shiny and new quickly. They are also a heavy boot. That said my feel always feel fine after long hikes and I am happy with them.
>>
>>630437
This. Keep the receipt. However if you ask to replace with a similar pair they will do that for no additional charge. You might get a new model of the same item.

>>631233
LL Bean has recently overhauled their lifetime warrantee. They will accept nearly any return especially if you talk to customer service first. I agree though, try them on. Make sure they are a good match for your feet.
>>
>>631233
you bring any LL bean product to the headquarters in maine and they replace it no questions asked.

source: I've done it.
>>
>>630274
I like my Merrell Moab
>>
>>632339
Those are shoes not boots.
>>
>>632283
>>632224
That's pretty cool then. I can get behind a company who does that. Hell, I'd like to start a company that does that one day.
>>
>>632283
I work for beans. Can confirm.
>>
>>632372
I work in footware department for one of the largest outfitters in the world.

The mid is considered a boot, while the low is considered a sneaker/show.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.