[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know where I can find a quote to buy, move, and plant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
Does anyone know where I can find a quote to buy, move, and plant a *fully* grown 70ft pine tree?
>>
you would never get enough of the rootball
>>
File: 1989-Ford-Taurus-Wagon6.jpg (53 KB, 715x405) Image search: [Google]
1989-Ford-Taurus-Wagon6.jpg
53 KB, 715x405
>>625599
>>
>>625599
Doesn't matter if it's for a christmas tree.
>>
>>625606

>buy, move, and plant a *fully* grown 70ft pine tree

and plant
>>
Are you aware how deep the tap root is on a 70ft pine?

The root goes down as far as the tree is tall.

Its why a pine tree can sway in the wind without falling over
>>
File: FHS3235.jpg (246 KB, 438x675) Image search: [Google]
FHS3235.jpg
246 KB, 438x675
>>625513
>>625612
yeah op there's just no way
>>
>>625613
For the average person maybe. OP clearly has some dough rolling around and is looking to blow it.

My suggestion is that after he has a crew of excavators painstakingly dig out all the roots, he hires a fleet of helicopters to transport it to his desired place. Maybe one Chinook will do, I can't be bothered to look up the max slight load weight for one, but I'd imagine in could do it.
>>
>>625617
and then dig a 70 foot hole to plant it in?
>>
>>625513
Just plant a Metasequoia.
>>
>>625618
Precisely.
>>
>>625612
>>625613

What if you already have a stump from a previous 70 ft tall pine, can you fuse a new top half together?
>>
>>625612
Incorrect.
>>
>>625726
Pine trees have been grafted for years, so, yeah, why not?
>>
>>625618
Just use explosives desu
>>
>>625824
that's not practical stepdesu-in-law
>>
>>625824
Alright I gotta ask, what's this new desu meme going around?
>>
>>625858
It's vastly less annoying than AIM speak
>>
>>625612

That's not even a little bit true.
>>
>>626151
This cat knows what's up. He deals with trees all the fucking time. So, Arborist, about how deep does the taproot go on a ~70' pine? I ask because I don't know shit about trees except how to use them for purposes. No idea regarding the details of their growth. Not OP, in case you were curious; just an interested passer-by.
>>
>>625513
It is possible, i've seen videos of this being done.
but i thought it was only for the super elite lifestyles of the rich and famous type landscaping
>>
>>625858
New word filters. Desu for t.b.h.
also s.j.w f.a.m s.m.h c.u.c.k
>>
File: DSC00039.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DSC00039.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
>>625513
Don't listen to all these Mexicants telling you no way.

I know the transport company that did this oak. (they just drove the tree, different company does the digging). They do huge trees somewhat often. Of course, the transports only go about 3 mph so you better have a big tree in mind close by. And be prepared to shell out beaucoup bucks.

If you're truly serious (but I don't think you are):
www.treemover.com
(obviously)
>>
>>626227
first, no way thats 70 feet tall. Second that could not get under a single powerline or bridge .
You might move a tree a few miles in the country but I wager that tree never left some ranchers property.
>>
File: Tree_Spade.jpg (186 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Tree_Spade.jpg
186 KB, 800x600
>>625513
>Does anyone know where I can find a quote to buy, move, and plant a *fully* grown 70ft pine tree?

There's an episode of This Old House where the homeowner wanted to move a full size tree from his old house to his new one and the arborists brought in a truck mounted tree spade, which is kinda like a huge ass Battlemech-type "claw" that digs into ground around the tree and extracts it whole, root ball and all;

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Tree+Spade&go=Submit&qs=n&form=QBIR&pq=tree+spade&sc=8-10&sp=-1&sk=
>>
>>626233
>I wager that tree never left some ranchers property.
I'd wager you are wrong. As I said, I work with the people that did this and lived very close to where this happened. It went a mile to two down US 90 in Louisiana. They dropped powerlines, highway shut down etc etc.

Point is though, if you have realistic expectations (and enough money), you likely can do something like this.

Of course, like I also said, I doubt OP is truly serious. In any case, OP likely won't have the cash. This cost $300,000 (of your tax dollars - but thats a different discussion)
>>
>>626253
A few more pictures.
>>
>>626253
>>
>>626253
>This cost $300,000 (of your tax dollars - but thats a different discussion)
No wonder everything in our state is falling apart.
>>
>>626233
with a 70ft tall evergreen you would just lay it down on a flat bed
>>
>>626253
Wtf why? How is one tree worth all that money and effort?
>>
>>626433
because the alternative is to plant one as a sapling and wait 5 or 6 lifetimes for it to become the size you want
>>
>>626433
>Wtf why? How is one tree worth all that money and effort?
Like the guy seemed to hint, it was probably a tax deduction so it likely didnt really leave the guy (or his business) out of pocket.
Also, look at that fucking tree, its gorgeous and fully grown
>>
>>626433
Anon, when you want to suck some dick you don't make a baby, feed it, clothe it, school it, rear it and guide it through life until it's 15 and then suck its dick. You go out and find one that's already grown and groom it and bring it home and suck it off. Much faster and easier.
>>
>>626171
is it really all that surprising that some stupid tripfag is talking out of his ass, "just because"
>>
>>626512
No no, it was the Louisiana DOT that did this not a person. It was a historical tree for some reason (I used to joke that General Lee took a nap under it or some such thing) that was going get to bulldozed for a new road.
>>
>>625513
This thread has me laughing my ass off
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.