[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beautiful trees
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Was cruising some timber locally and came across this beautiful 36 pine and thought id share it with you all. Feel free to post any other beautiful trees.
>>
>>625000
Do you take a tape measure with you on every hike?
>>
>>625000
thank you. that was considerate of you.
>>
>>625027
OP is clearly a forester, not just some hiker. And its a D- tape, not tape measure

>autism intensifies
>>
>>625027
That's a loggers tape. As a forester I gotta use it to better help me cruise timber
>>
>>625031
oh i thought "cruising timber" was slang for finding a moist tree hole to stick your dick into. My apologies. Carry on.
>>
>>625032
Which forestry school did you graduate from?
>>
File: IMG_20150807_140800396.jpg (4 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150807_140800396.jpg
4 MB, 2432x4320
>>625000
Here's this sycamore near Three Oaks, Michigan. Sycamores are annoying to live near but magnificent as fuck to observe and touch.
>>
>>625043
Charter Oak State College.
>>
>>625044
That's beautiful. Would love to do some forestry work up north one day
>>
>>625045
Mississippi state class of 2007 B.A. Forestry . Registered forester by Mississippi state forestry commission
>>
>>625048
Good on ya. I really didn't think there was a market for that.
>>
>>625054
was working with Georgia pacific. Hated to recon cruise and look after 40,000 acres day in and out. Now self employed and with with SMEPA power to mark power lines and work with us forest service contractor to make/ cruise timber. Also work with outer consultants to cruise it plant. Don't let someone bill shit you. In the state of Mississippi forestry is doing fairly well
>>
>>625056
cool beans. I figured you'd want to be a park ranger or own a logging company with a degree like that. If you weren't in Mississippi, I'd be jealous.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>625061
I really did wanna be a park ranger but... No matter how much I tried I never got the position. Anyways enjoy this picture of the land I took
>>
>>625062
Okay, here's a tree question for you. Why do some birch trees grow sideways at the bottom, then straight up? I've seen them grow normally, too, but some look like they're bent towards the bottom.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.