[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bear hunting general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: American-Black-Bear-jpg.jpg (1 MB, 1575x1200) Image search: [Google]
American-Black-Bear-jpg.jpg
1 MB, 1575x1200
So my friend was out hunting a bear yesterday, took a few shots with his 30-06. He says he got off at least one good shot at it. Anyway, he tracked it for a while before the trail disappeared, and then searched blindly for a while. He didnt find it, but as it got dark he heard a death moan.

I helped him look for it for a while today, but to no avail. Again, as it got dark, we heard the noise again coming from where my friend said he heard it last night.

My question is whether is possible a bear could give death moans for over 24 hours. And do you think it is worth going back out to find try to find it?
>>
Congrats, your nigger of a friend winged a bear. He'll either bleed to death or starve too death, I wouldn't worry about it to much.

Tell that bitch to try harder next time
>>
>>624676
Tell that bitch to learn to shoot!

Not take the shot, if he can't make the shot!
>>
>>624676
>bleed to death
>clearly doesnt understand how bears work
>>
>>624688
I guess I don't, what are you on about?
>>
>>624691
Bear fat seals up wounds almost immediately, which is probably why OPs trail went dry.

Its not at all uncommon for bears to survive shots like that, and yeah, you really need to take multiple shots at a bear to kill it much of the time, so you could get off a perfect shot and still be unable to retrieve the bear.
>>
>>624693
> unable to retrieve

Well then it's not a "perfect shot" now is it?
>>
>>624693
I see your point, but a bear bleeding to death is not outside of the realm of possibilities.
>>
>>624696
um, yeah.

A shot in the thoracic triangle won't drop a bear immediately.

And if you try to say "well, a perfect shot will make it drop in its tracks!" understand you are basically advocating head shots, which is just about the worst thing for the animal you can do. More misery is caused by botched headshots than anything.

You're just a faggot who doesnt like hunters, but knows nothing about hunting.
>>
>>624699
A shot from the side in the triangle with appropriate ammo would most definitely kill one, maybe not drop it in its tracks, but a proper good shot would definitely down one
>>
>>624703
After it runs up to 3 miles in dense brush.
>>
>>624707
I'll meet you in the middle with a 1.5 mile brisk bear walk through medium brush
>>
>>624688
>>624693
Holy shit. Neverhuntedsomuchascockroach detected
>>
>>624699
> assuming

And wrong.
>>
File: deal.jpg (440 KB, 877x547) Image search: [Google]
deal.jpg
440 KB, 877x547
>>624708
>>
>>624661
Yes, you fucking nog, you should find that bear if you have any reason whatsoever to believe it's dying. How is that even a question?

>>624699
>>624693
>>624688
>a black bear shot through the chest with a .338 won't die in a matter of minutes at most
Use enough gun.
>>
>>624661
>can a bear give death moans for 24 hours

Considering humans have been known to lay in battlefields slowly dying and moaning/screaming for days, I imagine a bear probably could too. Also, next time tell him that "one good shot" if fucking bullshit and every shot should be a "good shot" or he's just being an asshole hunter. Don't take the shot unless it's a "good shot".
>>
>>624687
is it even possible to miss a bear?
i mean seriously... i shoot at targets smaller than a child and even my misses are kill shots.
and i'm an absolute noob to be honest
>>
>>625188
You underestimate how poor shooters most hunters are
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.