[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pain after a hike
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: DSC03441.jpg (2 MB, 2250x1500) Image search: [Google]
DSC03441.jpg
2 MB, 2250x1500
Did a 9 mile hike today. Nothing to hard besides a step rock scrabble at the start. I get back to the car and just normal feet/knee pain. During the drive home (about 2 hours) no abnormal pain. But when I get home and go to get out of the car I get horridus pain like in the middle of the joint between my leg and hip. Feel to forward to be groin, and to inwards to be hip. Not only pain but lack of strength, like to pick my leg up to get of the car. Once upright I can walk normally but if I try to step up or anything I get the pain. I didn't fall or slip or anything. What could this pain be? I've been hiking for a while now and never got a pain like this
>>
>>624624
Do you even English motherfucker
>>
>>624626
Just went back and reread my post, i'm ashamed but I am in a lot of pain, so that's my excuse
>>
>>624627
I would have gone with

> alot of painkillers

Maybe next time?
>>
>>624632
That would be a lie, I have no narcotics to take. All I got is cold beer and Tylenol
>>
>>624624
Motrin/Ibuprofen first
>>
>>624624
It's possible you didn't notice the pain for a while due to endorphins from walking a long distance and it wore off on the car ride home. Sounds like to me it's inflamed.
>>
I actually came here just now to make a similar thread, did a 25 mile hike through a forest/hilly terrain over the last two days. My ass and thighs are fire right now, and I don't think my legs have ever had that amount of strenuous activity for a long while as I can't fucking walk properly!
>>
>>624653
I hope, just got into bed and the trip up the steps was awful. Last time I went to the doc for pain it was my back, sent me for a MRI and had to pay 1100 american pesos in co pay for my doctor to tell me to rest it.

For the record this hurts much worse then when I hurt my back.
>>
>>624653
Could be DOMS
>>
>>624660
>DOMS
Its only my left leg and I hike a lot so it's not a new work out for me.
>>
>>624624
picture looks like the top of Mt. Tammany

Not to scare you but you could have defect in your muscle or bones. Know people who have had to get surgery. If its not reoccurring nothing to worry about though.
>>
>>624624
Op you might have a tumor. Have you been checked for tumors?

Doesn't have to be a lump for a tumor.

Probibly a tumor.
>>
>>624624
It's probably just a sprain or inflammation. Take ibuprofen, at least 800-1000mg. A normal ibuprofen is 200mg, so 4-5 pills. It seems like a lot, but if you go to the doctor he will probably prescribe 1000mg pills. Look up the dosage if you're concerned.

Could also be a nerve that's being impinged on, due to swelling. Ibuprofen will help this too.you can also ice the hip, which relieves swelling and pain.

If it's bad for several days, make a doctor appointment.

I had something similar with my left shoulder. I had what's called impingement syndrome. Lack of stregnth, and sharp pain. Took a few months to go away. Main treatment is NSAIDs like ibuprofen and tylenol.
>>
>>624701
Well fuck you, I'm not a doctor either and I say it's a tumor! How dare you contradict my on-line prognosis!

Like you've even examined the patient, you fucking quack!
>>
>>624624
Dr here. Sudden pain after a bitchmode short hike like that is a strong indicator of super AIDS
>>
How old are you?
>>
File: IMG_20151002_211218.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151002_211218.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
>>624653 here.

>>624660
From my understanding the pain is coming from a joint so I don't think it could be DOMS.

>>624657 Just take 800mg ibuprofen. Heat then cold alternating. If that and rest doesn't help, you might ask your doctor for a shot of toradol. It's basically an anti inflammatory shot.
>>
The lack of strength sounds like a pinched nerve. Any numbness?
>>
>>624657
>American pesos
>>
>>624624
I get hip pains pretty much automatically as soon as I hit ten miles. I can kinda feel it coming on, but once it hits, it sounds like yours and it SUCKS ASS.

For me I think it's just cause I'm old and the hip joint is rubbing in a way it shouldn't.
>>
>>624684
It's not a tumor.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.