[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitty meme gear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: biolite.jpg (74 KB, 570x464) Image search: [Google]
biolite.jpg
74 KB, 570x464
I'll start

>Nobody boils water for 2 hours
>Fills up with ashes every 5 minutes and needs emptying/refueling
>People who haven't bought one still defend it on here because they planned to and are infatuated with their idea of how neat it will be to use

This thing is a plague
>>
>>621931
The small one, yes. But the large version looks sweet.
>>
>>621935

Yeah it makes way more sense when you scale it up. But if they just made a thermoelectric pole you stuck one end of in the fire with the USB ports for charging your phone in the other end that'd be more practical than either
>>
>thisthreadagain.tiff

Why don't we post about gear we like?
>>
>>621939
Because it turns into
"Your gear is shit"
"Your gear doesn't look used enough"
"My opinion on brand x is right, everyone else is wrong"
>>
>>621943
But that's what this thread will turn into.
>>
>>621948
Yeah, but I'll never waste money on a biolight thanks to threads like this.

However, I think there is a thread about gimmicks already.
>>
>>621936
>thermoelectric pole you stuck one end of in the fire with the USB ports for charging your phone in the other end

You sir, are a goddamn genius
>>
File: LCB.jpg (43 KB, 560x374) Image search: [Google]
LCB.jpg
43 KB, 560x374
>>621991
Except a pole won't work real well. Physics, thermodynamics... science keeps getting in the way of all the cool shit.
>>
>>622008

You attach a long solid metal cylinder to one end which heats up in the fire, and a long cylindrical (but corrugated) PC style heat sink to the other.
>>
>>621948
He just cut out the middle man. Well done. Personally I get tired of the batonist crashing axe and mora threads they had no part in prior.
>>
>>622025
Nah you just stick one of these >>622008 to the bottom of your pot
>>
>>621931
I have one. Neat toy for car camping, useless and too heavy for serious trekking. Stick with a snow peak isobutane stove.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.