[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Friend works at saw mill >said he has a load of pine wood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 20151030_145248.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151030_145248.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>Friend works at saw mill
>said he has a load of pine wood that was rejected for lumber
>free fire wood.jpg
>get there, its all sawn in 4x6 chuncks some 3 or 4 feet. Most 1 to 2 feet from where they cut the wood they could use.
>I know that smell.jpg
>keep straight face.jpg

>so /out/ what do I do with my truck load of fat wood?
>>
Bon-fire.
>>
File: 1437422025126.jpg (19 KB, 236x349) Image search: [Google]
1437422025126.jpg
19 KB, 236x349
>>621168
birdhouses.
>>
>>621172
sounds like an interesting recipe
>>
Wait. I dont see the problem.
If it is to long to use you saw it into smaller pieces.
If it is to large in diameter, you split it into more managable pieces.

Whats the question here?
>>
>>621196
Im going to apologize for this post since i didn't even know what fat wood was.

But shit, you have a whole truck full of good kindling, bust out a machete and start splitting it, build a giant pile.
>>
>>621198
>machete
>for splitting
oh god it hurts
>>
>>621198
>bust out a machete and start splitting it
what is a batoning knife?
>>
>>621203
For splitting kindling, a machete is fine, tell me why it wouldn't be.
>>621205
Stupid as fuck is what it is.
>>
>>621225
Because you're at home so you use the correct bloody tool, which is a hatchet or small axe.
>>
>>621168
make them into fat wood kindling and sell them buy the bundle to members of /out/
>>
>>621226
Nah but tbh at home is where you can mess around with machetes and kukris and shit just for fun. Then when you get bored finish off the rest with an axe
>>
>>621168
Split it down, bag it up and sell it online, people will buy it.
>>
>>621226
Different strokes for different folks bloke
>>
>>621475
It's like using a monkey wrench as a hammer. Sure. It "can" do it it. But it is opjectively the wrong tool and you look like a fool
>>
>>621542
If youre the same person saying i need a batoning knife i want you to shut your mouth.
If youre the fuckin idiot who cant split kindling with a machete, which is just a big heavy knife, and wants me to use a much heavier axe to do the same small work, i want you to eat dirt you fucking shitstain.
>>
>>621738
Wow, are you illiterate?

The chain of replies goes to a post suggesting you use an axe.

To which someone said "different strokes for different folks".

To which someone said to use the right tool for the job implying axe.

Learn to fucking read m9

>if u can't split with muh machete
I can split wood just fine with a machete. I can do it a lot safer and faster with a tool designed to split wood rather than one designed to clear vegetation.

>much heavier axe
We're talking about splitting at home you mouthbreather. A small axe or hatchet will split wood with much less effort than a machete if you had the slightest clue about the correct technique for chopping wood.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
please don't take it /out/side of your area. introduction of pests through the use of firewood is a very real threat to the outdoors.
>>
Fat wood is where the branches grow apparently and burns well because of all the resin
>>621198
>>
>>621168
Split them into a mighty faggot
>>
>>621168
You could distill the pine tar out of them and sell it to hipsters for big bucks. Use the charcoal left over to grill steaks bought with hipster money.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.