[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swags III
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: 050801183A.jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
050801183A.jpg
25 KB, 500x500
I finally got my Darche Ranger Solo.
I just had my first go at rolling it up. Looks like shit.
Do any of you gents have any tricks? I figure I'll just need to have a few more tries at it, but this time it looks not at all as nice as the pictures on the internet.
>>
>>620988
If you're rolling it up with bedding inside it'll look chunkier, so long as you can roll the cunt up and gets the straps around it that's all that matters
>>
File: 050801183A.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
050801183A.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>620992
This is what I'm aiming for.
>>
>>620994
That's without bedding for sure, if you want it that compact replace the mattress with an inflatable 4WD one
>>
>>620988
Roll with your knees.
>>
File: 1444968358082.png (3 KB, 114x129) Image search: [Google]
1444968358082.png
3 KB, 114x129
>>620994
>trying to roll a double hoop canvas swag up like that
>>
>>620988
take a pics of your rollup job, submit.
>>
> Swags III

Are you Aussies still shilling 17# canvas coffin bedrolls?
>>
>>621287
As opposed to you yanks shilling those shitty hammock swag wannabes.
>>
>>621289
Touche...
>>
File: the-simpsons-monocole.jpg (12 KB, 131x171) Image search: [Google]
the-simpsons-monocole.jpg
12 KB, 131x171
>>621289
my hammock's briddish i'll have you know
>>
File: swag.jpg (196 KB, 1172x580) Image search: [Google]
swag.jpg
196 KB, 1172x580
>>621264
Second attempt.
>>
File: P1011565[1].jpg (61 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
P1011565[1].jpg
61 KB, 600x450
It sure looks like a coffin. A sleepingbag with a 1-person igloo tent isnt much bigger to carry, i would choose that.
>>
>>622297
> OMG A GIRL ON /OUT/!
> SHOW TITS OR GTFO!
> ATTENTION WHORE!
> /OUT/ IS /B/OYS ONLY!

> M'lady...

Does that about cover it you never kissed perma virgins?
>>
>>621289
Hammocks = tents >>>>> bivvy bags >>> swags

also, there's this amazing new fabric called nylon
>>
Sup /out/ I'm looking for something that i could use as a temp/longterm shelter/sleeping space that would be decent for up to -40°C/winters. Doesn't need to be ultralight or w.e, just looking for something with a reasonable weight that I can pack in (on its own if need be) and set up. Any recommendations?

Not sure if I should go the hammock route or a tent. Are there decent thermal hammocks though? All I've seen have been open top or just flyscreens.
>>
File: roma.jpg (95 KB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
roma.jpg
95 KB, 1280x534
>>622392
Hammock + Winter =Death
>>
>>621015
>>621508

Use your damn knees. Put all your weight on it while rolling. You should work up a sweat when swag rolling.

After a successful swag rolling sesh feels a lot like after sex; or pig wrestling.

Thats how you know you've done it right.
>>
>>622501
> mfw sex and pig wrestling are synonimous in Austrailia
>>
Somebody really needs to make a /out/ approved tents / other gear chart like /g/ has for computer parts

We're as sophisticated as fucking /g/ aren't we?
>>
>>622501
I did use my knees and I did sweat.

>>622514
The problem with stuff like that is how many tents would any single anon have experienced?
I don't think we can make something here that is better than Rei and Amazon reviews.
>>
>>622520
Well how many computer parts would any single anon have experienced? Most of /g/ charts are just finding the well-reviewed items, at reasonable prices, and then making a compilation chart, so you're not left wandering through REI looking at shit all day.
>>
>>620988
what is a cheap, heavy and solid swag for keeping in the car? they look easy to set up when blind drunk
>>
>>622539
You didn't address the second thing I said there, though. Amazon and Rei have reviews of all that shit. Thousands of them.

What would your infographic be doing that those websites do not?
>>
>>622545
That's one of the reasons I got one, actually.
>>
Take the factory mat out and put a hiker mat in. My more traditional biker swag has a blue hiker mat which I augment with another blue mat in colder temps, or with an inflatable mat when I want comfy time.
>>
BTW have you weighed it? What's the weight with/without mat?
>>
>>622514
We actually had an /out/ approved gear thread. It got derailed by milsurp fags who got upset when Osprey was voted as /out/ approved pack.
Some wanted the rush 5.11 which IIRC doesnt even have a hip belt. Fucking LARPers.
>>
>>622514

The fact is that no shelter is suitable for all conditions. In fact the focus on gearfaggotry is what is ruining /out/ which should be discussion of the outdoors and techniques, not specific gear which is easy enough to research.
>>
>>622919
I have only got shitty, non-digital bathroom scales that are hard to read.

I weigh about 77kg. Holding the mattress they seemed to jump to about 79. Holding the swag (not including the mattress) they seemed to jump to about 84.

Website claims 5kg weight.
>>
>>623393

Sounds about right. Anyway you can get the roll and weight down by leaving the mat, poles and jewelery at home and just stringing it, if you were hiking or whatever.

I was looking at those Darche swags they're pretty nice.
>>
>>620988
I wonder if having sex in one of those is enjoyable, forced proximity tends to put people in the mood...
>>
>>624478
You make a good point that I never thought about.
>>
File: Oztrail outback.jpg (62 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Oztrail outback.jpg
62 KB, 1000x1000
If any ausfags are looking for a decent beginners swag pic related are on sale for $110 at Big W

Bought mine years ago at a disposals for $170 on sale and it's still going strong, just pulled a few stitches on one of the buckles once when trying to roll it up too tight.
>>
>>622545
Ive got an oxtrail king mitchell i think it is, used it almost everyday for 3 years and its still going strong, 2 mins to set up and less to roll it, not a bad swag ol mate
>>
>>624564
Oztrail not oxtrail
>>
>>624554
Loneliness has it's perks, I guess.
>>
>>624563

The oztrail biker swags are OK and reasonably light, also a mile cheaper than most others. I was checking one out in the store, the main difference is the smaller mat.

For me though I prefer a flat swag, may as well have a tent otherwise but that's just my opionion.
>>
>>624563
Make sure u get canvas.

Mine is 15 years old. Still good.
>>
>>624478
Forced proximity... well, it works in prison.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.