[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bit of a stretch here I'm sure. I'm looking for a sleeping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
Bit of a stretch here I'm sure. I'm looking for a sleeping bag with a low profile when rolled up that can take temperatures under 30 degrees and doesn't destroy a bank account.

Any suggestions?

It doesn't even have to be a sleeping bag but a "system" of sorts for a 1 person tent that doesn't consume a bunch of room on/in my pack.

I have a sleeping bag I've had for a while someone gave me for free but even in a compression pack it's too large.
>>
>packable
>sub 30 degrees

Down

>doesn't break the bank

Second hand/used
>>
>>620500
A sleeping bag can be any 2 of the following 3 things. It CANNOT be all 3. Sorry.

Light/compact
Warm
Cheap
>>
>>620500
>Bit of a stretch here I'm sure. I'm looking for a sleeping bag with a low profile when rolled up that can take temperatures under 30 degrees
Down.
> and doesn't destroy a bank account.
Oh. Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
>>
What's your budget? I have a kelty ignite awesome fucking bag! Rates at 16.6 on the absolute bottom of male comfort. Weighs 2 pounds 7 ounces. Dri coated down. Ran $270 at Rei but I got it for $160 on steepandcheap.com
>>
Yeah it would help if we knew how big the bank you don't want to break is.
>>
>>620500
i hate it when people use "degrees" whithout sating which one....
i'd sleep whithout a bag at 30 degrees as i would be sweating as fuck
>>
>>620566
Americans are arrogant pieces of shit, that's why.
>>
File: 1413708835945.png (10 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1413708835945.png
10 KB, 500x500
>>620655
such vitriol
>>
>>620659
*deserved
>>
File: 1446150965382.png (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446150965382.png
42 KB, 500x500
>>620660
>>
>>620566
In this context it's pretty clear what he is talking about. Just like if I said, I bring my water up to 212 degrees, it means boiling not superheated steam.
>>
>>620566
He's clearly talking about fahrenheit, dummy. Maybe you should work on your context cues.
>>
>>620655
he says, posting on an american website.

>inb4 now it's japanese
>>
North Face Furnace 20?
>>
>>620566
>>620655
Op here, didn't realize that the britbongs lost their spaghetti when I didn't specify the F or C. Thanks for the advice. I really didn't care to blow $150+ on a sleeping bag that but guess I'll have to.
>>
>>620737
>>620500
yup, plan to spend close to $200 for what you're asking for.

also if you really want to save space and prolong the life of your bag, STUFF the bag randomly, rather than roll/fold. it'll pack better into the gaps of your backpack, and even out the wear on the sleeping bag.
>>
>>620740
I'm actually a decently hot sleeper. I like cold air on me. What if I just wanted a low profile sleeping bag, what's a good one?
>>
http://www.backcountry.com/marmot-trestles-15-sleeping-bag-15-degree-synthetic?CMP_SKU=MAR2274&MER=0406&skid=MAR2274-CTBLUBL-LONXWIZIP&CMP_ID=PLA_GMm001&mv_pc=r101&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PLA&mr:trackingCode=5F9EA7E6-5B42-E111-9FB4-001B21A69EB8&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=m&mr:adType=plaonline&mr:ad=79923400957&mr:keyword&mr:match&mr:tid=kwd-153935660437&mr:ploc=9021357&mr:iloc&mr:store&mr:filter=153935660437&gclid=COvE-b2B6cgCFYhefgodCJkNfQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
>>
>>620566
You dumb fucking faggot. Use that brain that's supposed to be between your ears and deduce that op is using Fahrenheit. It's literally so easy.
>>
>>620566
Not understanding contextual cues is supposed to be a symptom of autism. Might want to get that checked out
>>
thanks for the link.
just picked up a 20f mummy for like $50
>>
>>620737
>britbongs

Don't you mean the rest of the world

America ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>622104
Feel better about yourself? I use Fahrenheit, not Celsius. Deal with it. I won't cater to you because you dislike Americans.>>622104
>>
I got a down subzero bag for 60 new. It can fit inside a standard school backpack with room left over. Reminder that you need a ground layer like a sleeping pad. No, really, you do. I also use a wool blanket inside (because comfy as fuck.) Wool is heavy and bulky, though. Lots of winter camping in the snow on top of mountains.

>>620566

>autist unable to take contextual cues

Did I trigger you?
>>
>>620566
The bigger problem here is that us poor nonamericans have next to no idea what 30° Fahrenheit actually means.

Also, we wouldn't have a clue had OP asked for "sub zero degree", for example. Not specifying units is bad form that should be avoided even if it can be inferred from context.
>>
>>622152

you wouldn't even use a sleeping bag in 30 celsius weather. You knew what he meant, you just want to be an autist about it and turn this into another europe vs america thread.

As an "ignorant burger," I know roughly what celcius temps mean. Oh, my oh so knowledgeable and cultured european superior who is so worldly and wide-read, you don't know farenheit when burgers are literate in both measures?

Go suck a migrant's cock and kill yourself with a butter knife.
>>
>>622104
3rd largest country in the world by population, get fucked commie
>>
Sleeping bags are one of those things that you don't really want to skimp on.

That being said, it's not hard to shop around and pay less than retail on a good one.
>>
>>622163
Kek
>>
>>620500
check out military surplus stores, I am sure they have some super warm sleeping bags
>>
>>622163
Not even the original guy lel.
>>
>>620737
>>620500
shop clearance sales at sporting goods stores and rei ect.
barring that, modular sleep system, cheap, durable, but heavy, also only comes in one color: green black and woodland.
supposedly rated 50*F down to -50*F, depending on which pieces you are using, presumably scaling from the bare bivy down to both bags and the bivy.
it should come with a compression sack but don't assume it is included unless specified, it is fairly sizable even when compressed though and obviously shouldn't be stored that way when you aren't traveling with it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.