[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you manage dental hygiene if you had to live in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 11
File: hqdefault3.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault3.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
How would you manage dental hygiene if you had to live in the wilderness permanently?
>>
>>617994
ice skate and vice grips
>>
chewin' sticks
>>
>>617996
but there were no vice grips on that island
>>
File: shrimp-dentist.jpg (144 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
shrimp-dentist.jpg
144 KB, 500x375
Cleaner shrimp!
>>
File: magazone.jpg (583 KB, 627x867) Image search: [Google]
magazone.jpg
583 KB, 627x867
>>617999

There's an article in this issue of this magazine, where dude removes an infected tooth with pliers and a spyderco.
>>
I saw a Bear Grylls where he breaks a white branch and frays the end and uses that to clean his teeth.
>>
>>617996
>>618008
I'm thinking prevention.. How to you avoid having to do this kind of stuff.
>>
>>
>>618012
But as a general rule I also keep some ADA certified Trident on me at all times to keep my teeth clean. If you don't eat human garbage adn sugar you shoud be fine
>>
>>618014
Don't go into the wilderness permanently.
>>
>>618020
I know you think you're being funny but your comment contributed nothing. If you have no info please refrain from posting.
>>
>>617994
aloe vera plant
>>
>>618023

Actually, it's literally the only way to prevent it. So, fuck off.
>>
have your dentist remove all of your teeth before you go innawoods. then you got nothing to worry about
>>
have you heard of miswak? Take a kilo of that and you'll be fine for years
>>
>>618029
and then get more every few years/ live in a place where it gros naturally / take your own tree
>>
I really can't confirm atm but I've heard years ago that Romans brushed their teeth using a mix of ashes, mice brain and honey (to make it taste better)
>>
>>618031
actually i do this myself, except that i eat my own shit, rinse it in my mouth with gin, then drink honey after (to make it taste better)
>>
>>618031
Wouldn't honey just make that an exercise in futility?
>>
I guess you could chew some sort of antiseptic bark, like willow, and rubbing the pulp against your teeth.
>>
>>618031
charcoal is supposedly good for dental hygiene.
i suppose it has abrasive properties for surface cleaning as well as the ability to leach toxins/germs from your mouth
>>
>>618039
welcome to the middle ages..
>>
>>618027
Stop being a bitch. They come in looking for advice and a sensible answer and you march in acting like a faggot.
>>
>anon asks how to prevent something which is barely preventable by modern science
>wants to accomplish this alone in the wild
>anon 2 mocks him

I see nothing wrong here.
>>
charcoal and mint paste + add any other plants which you can find in your area for dental health.
>>
People did fine before the introduction of sugar and white flour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8hnmyBoUgE
>>
>>618050
Fuck you.
http://survive-prepare.com/2012/12/22/survival-hygiene/
>>
>>618050
Modern science, health care and medicine is primitive and retarded. Only focused on suppressing the symptoms (illnesses) of our modern shitty lifestyles and make big bucks.
>>
>>618057
>>618056
Are you guys from Seattle? Maybe the puget sound islands?
>>
>>617994
Dental hygiene isn't an issue in the wilderness because your teeth do not deteriorate due to high sugar content and they keep clean by themselves firstly by your diet which will include much more acidic food you have to chew to digest properly and secondly due to the higher content of saliva produced and quality of which naturally keeps your mouth clean.

Dental hygiene "problems" is a modern city boy issue. Suggest checking out teeth from ancient cultures. Nothing wrong with them and the ones missing are most likely due to someone punching you in the face with a large stone...
>>
>>618185
>>618057
>>618054
Don't believe this bullshit, your teeth will not be miraculously clean without sugar in your diet. They'll need less cleaning and the cleaning is less urgent, sure, but debris will still get in there and regular cleaning is necessary. People were cleaning their teeth for thousands of years before "muh modern artificial buuuuuh", usually by chewing on sticks. And when they didn't clean them, their teeth rotted away and fell out--remember, that's what wisdom teeth are for, after all.

Certain types of wood are better than others for tooth-cleaning sticks. You want something that will separate into bristles. You could probably get away with bringing along a few toothbrushes and just brushing without toothpaste, if you're willing to bring the big scary artificial tools along. There are also some ways to make your own toothpaste if you want to be certain you're getting your teeth clean.
>>
>>618195
>And when they didn't clean them, their teeth rotted away and fell out--remember, that's what wisdom teeth are for, after all.
Care to elaborate on how you connect an evolutionary rudiment to the habit of cleaning your teeth there Einstein?
>>
>>618195
>>618203
Oh shit sorry, being this stupid I presume you're from America and hence you don't even believe in evolution, right?
>>
Dental hygiene depends also on what you eat.. there are plenty of medieval people skeletons with perfectly healthy teeth.

In the wild, you wont eat any junk food or any sugar saturated things or anything with fake coloring or flavors, so basically, more or less just with that, you will have better dental hygiene.
I think just carrying a toothbrush and brushing your teeth will be enough.
>>
>>618203
Get some reading comprehension skills and try again.
>>
>>617994
> in the wilderness permanently ... on 4chan
Pls anon.
For multi days hiking: a simple brushteeth
>>
File: sage-leaf-047s.jpg (32 KB, 400x438) Image search: [Google]
sage-leaf-047s.jpg
32 KB, 400x438
Sage leaves are pretty good for teeth brushing.
>>
>>618303
Is everyone on /out/ suddenly an asshole?
I never posed the idea I'd be permanently living in the wilderness, it was just something that occurred to me as I've never had to care for my teeth without toothpaste and wondered if /out/ had any knowledge on the topic and it appears they do, but you just come in here with your assumptions and answers to questions I didn't actually ask, so like I told the other guy; if you don't have any info on the topic and are just here to spout negativity, you can get out.
>>
>>618008
I'm pretty sure I remember that issue, is that from summer a couple years ago?
>>
>>618339
Yes, it's two years old if I recall. I really enjoyed that issue, but didn't get a chance to see any of the new ones. I hope they didn't shit up what could have been a decent magazine in an age of internet media.
>>
I have a disgusting oral hygiene and in the past I've spent weeks without brushing my teeth, yet never had any kind of dental decay.
Couldn't find a explanation for this. Maybe the water here have more fluorine? Or maybe my saliva is a bit different?
>>
>>618363
>Or maybe my saliva is a bit different?

This is a definite possibility. The pH of every individual's saliva will be different because the microbial population of every individual's mouth is different. Not all bacteria waste "rots teeth" at the same rate.
>>
>>617994
Brushing is more important than toothpaste, you can brush your teeth then slosh some salt water around your mouth to help kill off bacteria, average life span is about 84 (probably less in the wilderness), if you change your toothbrush every 6 months say then you could get away with about 188 toothbrushes to cover you for a lifetime probably.
>>
>>618393
My bad, that should have been 168 toothbrushes, I need to go get some sleep, I'm getting punchy
>>
Water, ashes and a stick
>>
>>618203
To humour your retardeness, wisdom teeth arose from the need to account for some teeth naturally falling out from wear. Wisdom teeth would then push in to replace the lost teeth.
>>
>>618430
False
>>
>>618430
Proto man had larger jaws, wisdom teeth are vestigial remnants.
>>
File: DrBToothpaste.jpg (76 KB, 910x321) Image search: [Google]
DrBToothpaste.jpg
76 KB, 910x321
Remember to use an organic toothpaste when you're /out/. I mean, assuming you're amenable to that and already use an organic soap, fast breakdown TP, don't drop your shit everywhere etc.
>>
>>618008
Gearfag
>>
Try to find fibrous plants that you could turn into dental floss. Use wintergreen or other herbs for brushing and keeping the mouth nice & fresh.
>>
>>618539
dumb advice. The best toothpaste is colgate total, hands down. Flouride and triclosan together absolutely wreck plaque and protect the teeth like nothing else.
>>
>>618829
I'm not saying use it all the time. I'm saying that you're basically spitting chemical waste.
If you're using things like organic soap when you're /out/ then it just makes sense to do this too.
>I don't do any of that.
Oh well.
>>
>>618829

Wrong. Squiggle. Colgate has sodium laurel sulfate, which irritates soft tissues (like your entire fucking mouth) and gives some people (myself included) canker sores.

>>618830

There's no difference between using artificial out versus artificial at home, because the world is a closed system (radiation excluded). Chemicals come from somewhere (a process that makes the toothpaste, tube, packaging, ink, and waste products besides, plus consumes clean water (which then needs to be treated), electricity, land space and construction waste, etc). The chemicals go somewhere (down the sink isn't a magic black hole. It goes somewhere, or if we filter it, there are costs to filter it.) When you pollute at home you may as well be polluting innawoods because it, or sideproducts of it like air and water pollution, inevitably end up innawoods.

You have raw material acquisition, construction of tools for the acquisition, construction of processing plants, construction of brick and mortar stores, trucking parts and fuel to ship it here to there to there, your own gas to get to the store, the trash truck's gas to get it to the landfill, the trash bag, the road wear and tear, all the operations and packaging, shipping it from here to china and back, all the employees of all these stores commuting in and out, computer parts to track all this shit, landfills or recycling centers and their operation costs and land usage, all the manufacture and shipping and buying of all the equipment and vehicles used. Oh, but you don't bother thinking of that, because marginally your tube of toothpaste is a drop in the bucket of pollution. But all the toothpaste of all the people over their whole lives? And just toothpaste, one of 100,000 items the average person owns at any given time?

And you're worried about one glob of spit in the woods. Penny wise, pound foolish as applied to environmentalism.

>what do other than kill self and all relations

Buy as little as possible.
>>
>>618836
>Colgate has sodium laurel sulfate, which irritates soft tissues (like your entire fucking mouth) and gives some people (myself included) canker sores.

Something else is causing your canker sores, not the toothpaste. Somethings to think about:

1. Maybe you're chewing on your cheek in your sleep, support your jaw on your pillow more.
2. Maybe you are eating too many sweet acidic foods, and aren't brushing enough.
3. Maybe you are eating food that is too hot - let food cool down 10 minutes before eating.

The only toothpaste that fucked up my mouth was arm and hammer baking soda and peroxide toothpaste. That stuff is nasty. Colgate total is fantastic.
>>
Bring a bunch of toothbrushes?
>>
>>618839

>had canker sores, repeated episodes for several months
>switched to toothpaste without sls
>do nothing else
>within a week canker sores vanish
>never had one since

OH SHIT WHOA. Also you can look online real quick, IE google it, and there are a ton of people who had this same experience. Sorry, wrongfriend, but you don't know what you are talking about. Sodium laurel sulfate definitely causes canker sores in susceptible people.
>>
>>618334
The chair warriors infected your shit man. This happens from time to time. Probably out of paracord and their tacticool knives broke.
>>
File: teeth hungry.jpg (77 KB, 1198x375) Image search: [Google]
teeth hungry.jpg
77 KB, 1198x375
>>617994
Cloth rubbing, twig chewing, whittled tooth picks.
Worst case scenario, multitool pliers.
>>
>>617994
/diy/ here

This may or may not be relevant, but I have pasta related to /diy/ dental hygiene:

>I perform my own cleanings with a mirror, large safety pin, and 70% rubbing alcohol. I've become quite adept and I also started to do my siblings' cleanings too. Here's what I've learned so far:

>1. Practice with toothpicks first. Wood is softer and more forgiving than steel.
>2. Collect your tools first, then wash your hands thoroughly before you begin.
>3. Scrape side-to-side, not up-and-down, so that if you slip you don't stab your gums.
>4. Rinse your pick with hot water after each individual scrape to get the plaque off it, and dip it once in alcohol after each tooth to kill germs.
>5. Do not pick too frequently. I'd say once every other week is diligent, but excessive. Try to wait 3-4 weeks between cleanings.
>6. Brush and floss after picking. It's also acceptable to rinse with salt water, but not necessary.
>7. If you clean someone else's teeth, be sure to use nitrile gloves (some people are allergic to latex), a paper mask, and clear safety goggles. Wash face and hands after each cleaning.

>There's no feeling quite like being able to feel each individual tooth by rubbing your toung against the backs!

>Lastly, here's a few preventative tips:
>Avoid sugars when applicable
>Brush AT LEAST once per day, preferably before bed so that bacteria doesn't rot your teeth while you sleep
>Swish-rinse with water after meals
>Avoid mouth wash unless you can't brush
>Brush first, then floss
>Brush your gums, but do it GENTLY
>If you see pink in the sink, switch to a softer toothbrush
>Do not smoke, and if you do don't smoke out of any aluminum device
>Do not dip/chew tobacco
>See a dentist immediately at any sign of black marks on gums or teeth. It's also worth noting that exposed nerves can be temporarily treated with wax or sugar-free gum
>>
>>618007
...this doesn't actually work does it?
>>
>>618334
>Is everyone on /out/ suddenly an asshole?

Pretty much. Seems like /pol/land invaded or /b/tards got tired of trap/cuck threads lately.
>>
>>618334
>>619882
Stop besmirching /pol/'s good name. My theory about it? Literal autism.
Neurotypicals can have fun thinking about shit that won't happen but I think to the autist mind it is like you're lying.

>what if i lived in the wilderness permanently?
YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DO THAT!! REEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>617994
soft wood can be used to clean teeth
>>
anyone here ever try to get rid of light calculus on your own?
>>
>>617998
seriously though, you can give yourself the /out/ equivalent of a dentists cleaning with a couple good pointy sticks. Also, you can floss with a solid grass.
>>
>>618044
*antiquity
>>
>>619944
I hate calculus!

If you find a way to get rid of it, pls post!
>>
>>621459
nx^(n-1) should solve most basic differentiations.
Nx^n --> (N/n)x^(n+1) to integrate. Hope this helps!
>>
>>619951
Tribal societies in afrikkka generally have better dental hygiene than our advance first world.

Diet is just as important as cleaning when it comes to oral health, and there's some pretty specific limitations that a wilderness lifestyle imposes when it comes to diet.

I'm pretty sure scrubbing with a stick would be more than sufficient.
>>
sugar fucks up your teeth more than anything else, if you're /out/ it's a non-issue
>>
>>617994
I take Tee Tree oil out for mouthwash and many other things
>>
The natives would use wheat to brush there teeth back in the days. They would brush it on their just like a normal tooth brush. Then you would use the stalk to floss.

If you don't want your breath to spell like absolute shit you could chew on some pine or cedar needles. Not sure how well it works tho as i can never seem to smell my own breath.
>>
>>617994
>>621496

This

You won't be eating all the sugar you're used to in all pre packed foods in the supermarket. I'd imagine you wouldn't be eating honey or cane sugar from the plant.. so you won't really need to worry. Chewing on something rough would suffice
>>
Don't believe the retards saying it is a diet issue. You NEED to brush and floss everyday, simple as that.

What, you are going to have a magical diet and never have glucose, fructose, or sucrose ever again ?
>>
>>618020
This is /out/ you twat... People here kinda like going outside so it'd be much appreciated if you leave now.
>>
>>618043
That seems kinda unhealthy though.... I've never heard anything like that before
>>
You would need to bring a toothbrush and if that wasn't an option, you would need to fashion something like it using whatever you could find.

The people saying that humans didn't traditionally eat a ton of sugar and processed garbage are correct, but avoiding that shit won't help you for long. Tooth decay was a major leading cause of mortality for a lot of human history with people dying in their mid 20s because of this shit. Toothpaste is optional - it's the scrubbing action that's important. Use plant materials to fashion something similar to a toothbrush and you would probably hold out for quite some time before your gums started bleeding every time you teeth contacted food.
>>
File: Horsetail.jpg (113 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Horsetail.jpg
113 KB, 640x480
I've used horsetail before. The young shoots actually have silica in the leaves, and chewing it will release enough to act as a mild abrasive like toothpaste. Doesn't really smell like anything so your breath still stinks, but your teeth won't rot out.
>>
>>618312
that bitch got jaw baccer teeth I aint trusting that
>>
Kek at everyone saying to chew on wood, but nobody's mentioned spruce gum. It's easy to find, tasty, leaves your mouth feeling fresh, and is antiseptic. Plus it turns a rad grape soda color which befuddles me to the point that it never stops being entertaining.
>>
>>619899
Fucking kek.

Fair enough. I take back what I said about /pol/
>>
>>618039
>>618031
They didn't use straight up urine, they boil it down into ammonia. If you don't believe this works, then watch the episode of Mythbusters where they proved urine can be turned into a cleaning/disinfectant agent.

And honey is a natural disinfectant. Otherwise bee hives would rot from the inside out. In fact, many ancient cultures used honey the exact same way we use neosporin. It's simply that most honey you buy these days is 50% sugar/corn syrup. So it's no longer used for it's medicinal purposes.
>>
>>622593
You do realize that toast is just a very fine layer of charcoal on bread, right?

Charcoal is very healthy for you. It absorbs toxins and poisons. And gets rid of heartburn/prevents ulcers. As long as it's the good kind, and not something soaked in chemicals to make it burn faster, that is.

I remember a vet saved a dogs life in the town I grew up by pumping it's stomach with charcoal after an asshole tossed antifreeze in the owners backyard.
>>
>>619862
It seems to work for fish and aquariums.
>>
>>618430
>>618462
This anon.
Ancestral species had larger jaws and more teeth, over time our jaws have gotten smaller and we have lost teeth because of it.
Vestigial bitch.
>>
File: do_the_derp_640_34.jpg (35 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
do_the_derp_640_34.jpg
35 KB, 640x426
>>623880
Everything you said about toast is complete fabrication. Charcoal and toasted bread have literally nothing in common. Nothing. Not anything. At all. On any level. Are you still with me? Nothing at all.
>Charcoal is a light, black residue, consisting of carbon and any remaining ash, obtained by removing water and other volatile constituents from animal and vegetation substances. Charcoal is usually produced by slow pyrolysis, the heating of wood or other substances in the absence of oxygen (see char and biochar).
>Charcoal is usually produced by slow pyrolysis, the heating of wood or other substances in the absence of oxygen (see char and biochar).
>the heating of wood or other substances in the absence of oxygen (see char and biochar).
>the heating of wood or other substances
So unless you blacken bread to the point it is inedible or your toast is in fact WOOD you're full of shit.
>>
How about some science up in this bitch?

Anton van Leeuwenhoek, the famous 17th century microscopist, discovered living organisms (living, because they were motile) in deposits on the teeth (what we now call dental plaque). He also found organisms in water from the canal next to his home in Delft. He experimented with samples by adding vinegar or brandy and found that this resulted in the immediate immobilization or killing of the organisms suspended in water. Next he tried rinsing the mouth of himself and somebody else with a mouthwash containing vinegar or brandy and found that living organisms remained in the dental plaque. He concluded—correctly—that the mouthwash either did not reach, or was not present long enough, to kill the plaque organisms.That remained the state of affairs until the late 1960s when Harald Loe (at the time a professor at the Royal Dental College in Aarhus, Denmark) demonstrated that a chlorhexidine compound could prevent the build-up of dental plaque. The reason for chlorhexidine effectiveness is that it strongly adheres to surfaces in the mouth and thus remains present in effective concentrations for many hours.

You can physically disrupt the bacteria in your mouth but you can use whatever you want, your wives tale remedy doesn't have any magic powers.
>>
>>627144
Feral humans didn't have anywhere near the health issues that we do today. Niether do any other feral animal. They also didn't have doctors, dentists, hygienists and corporations pushing cleaning products down their throats. Realistically, a high ruffage diet requires so much intake, that the food alone is enough to keep your mouth clean, its only because of the incredibly dense and excessively sugary foods we eat today, that we go long periods of not using, and therefore not cleaning our mouths.

Consider the fact that only humans and domesticated animals have health issues, and you'll understand that /in/ is really what's killing us. Besides, evolution. A few generations of humanity going back to the woods, and all genetic diseases (and stupidity) would be erased from the genepool.
>>
I believe chewing green sweetgum twigs was popular for dental hygiene.
>>
>>622593
Charcoal seems unhealthy to you? What about it, exactly, seems unhealthy? It's just carbon. So are we all.
>>627152
>A few generations of humanity going back to the woods, and all genetic diseases (and stupidity) would be erased from the genepool.
I cannot wait for this to happen.
>>
>>627152
Don't fall for this romantic view of wild people being all healthy and shit.

They had fleas, lice, internal parasites leeching on their nutrition, STDs and all sorts of ugly shit. Their teeth would serve them for lifetime, yes, but their life time was about 40 years. just look at some tribes in Africa. Their children have nice teeth but by the time they turn 40 they often have less than half of them.
Feral people died of trivial things like childbirth, appendix inflammation or infected wounds developed into gangrenous mess of puss, blood and agony which we today treat with some peroxide and gauze, maybe a day's dose of pills. They believed in all sorts of shamanic bro-science and rituals making things worse.

Also do not think for a second that people ate more often and more than we do today because they ate less energy dense foods. No. They often starved. As a result they had smaller frames, were skinnier and shorter. They had all sorts of deficiencies.

The only point that I would agree on would be that their food was more pure of artificial chemicals and their environment was less polluted, they had probably less respiratory problems and close to none allergies (because even if they had, evolution would quickly take care of that).

But don't think for a second that they had more potential for quality life than us health-wise. it's just that we CHOOSE to not give a damn about our health often because of other circumstances and belief that medicine will save us eventually.
>>
>>627558
The funny thing about the state of affairs, prior to "medical science", is that the weak would die and weak genes would self eliminate.

Every time a doctor saves the life of someone who has a genetic disease, they're giving that person the opportunity to reproduce and reintroduce their flawed genetics into the genepool. Every time a doctor prescribes a medication that makes someone with a neurological condition appear normal and more desirable to the opposite sex, they're contributing to the next generation's inferiority.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting we cull everyone who has freckles, just that it may be a good idea to sterilize people who shouldn't reproduce.
>>
>>621503
what other things?

i wash my hair with a few drops plus baking soda in water
>>
>>627755
Yes but sometimes even weak people benefit us greatly, one example is Stephen Hawking. His kids are healthy too, only he got screwed. On the other hand, some royal families degenerated because of inbreeding and then you had a retard king running shit.
>>
>>627755
*Birth control implants as a condition of receiving welfare. (This will go for men too as soon as a GOOD version of this for men is created.)
*One time cash payment for anyone that volunteers to be neutered. The clinics for this service could be put next-door to casinos and places like that.

That should take care of most of the fuck up genes. As for shitty genes within non-shitty people? I dunno... As we get more "Gattaca" style shit I'd expect it to become popular for couples to get projections of what problems their kids might have.
I don't think it would be very common that you get people that want to make inferior kids anyway. Lets say that they do make a defective kid whose problems are not obvious: the same projections would allow someone that wants to breed with them to know it isn't a good idea. Even if several generations of people chose to ignore the projections those genes would disappear in short order.
>>
Drink plenty of water, brush with fingers. Gnaw on mint or related plant.
>>
>>618026
Have you ever put unprocessed aloe in your mouth?
>>
>>628395
I have

Can confirm it's a bad idea. Tried to make a drink out of it once. (aloe drinks used to help with a muscle problem I once had) I obviously didn't know what the hell I was doing. So bitter.. Far worse than alum powder.
>>
File: 1421106604979.jpg (11 KB, 240x204) Image search: [Google]
1421106604979.jpg
11 KB, 240x204
>>618870
my colgate total!
>>
>>618026
>>628395
>>628398
Here, have this:

The leaves consist of three parts. The first is the outer rind or skin. Next comes a layer of aloe latex which is a bitter, yellowy brown substance containing anthraquinones. These are usually filtered out in commercial products and they have strong laxative properties. Last is the centre of the leaf which consists of copious quantities of a tasteless clear gel. This inner gel is not laxative, is safe to eat and this is the bit we normally use.

Plucked from
rawedibleplants decimal blogspot decimal com frontslash 2012 frontslash 02 frontslash aloe hyphen vera hyphen aloe hyphen barbadensis hyphen or hyphen aloe hyphen vera decimal Hotel Tango Mike Lima

>Fucking spam filter. 3 reformats later, here ya go.
>>
>>629574
hahaha that shit's so annoying
>>
>>618047
shitposters will shitpost, man.
Even if they aren't deliberately being utter pieces of shit, they can still be shitposting, like that guy.
>>
>>618050

thanks for the laugh
>>
File: g.png (292 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
g.png
292 KB, 850x400
>>
>>622622
>>627558
If people were dying off at an extremely early age before the invention of toothbrushes and floss, we wouldn't all be here today. It takes a certain amount of age and wisdom to advance civilization, wisdom that can't be acquired by age twenty, especially if your parents would have died when you were at most, eight years old. I mean, really. Anyone who thinks that's a recipe for the success that led to today's species dominating the planet is an idiot.

>>628287
Eugenics... The way of the future.
>>
me ole man said when he grew up in the depression that they would use birch twigs to clean their teeth with.
>>
So long as the foods you eat are low in sugar, it's actually pretty easy to maintain.
>>
>>631418
This.
I haven't brushed my teeth with a brush in 7 years, still get a dental checkup every once in a while. No cavities or gum disease.
>>
>>624675
>or other substances
>>
>>617994
Are those teeth fake. No way somebody's teeth are that nice. I have rotting teeth :(
>>
>>621455
>not knowing that antiquity was before Middle Ages
>>
>>630221
What the fuck are you talking about. All (mental) stages of life have been prolonged, not only adulthood and seniority.

>If people were dying off at an extremely early age before the invention of toothbrushes and floss, we wouldn't all be here today.
This seems like extremely early to YOU, because you live in 21st century western world where life expectancy is almost twice than it was for wildlings.

>It takes a certain amount of age and wisdom to advance civilization, wisdom that can't be acquired by age twenty, especially if your parents would have died when you were at most, eight years old. I mean, really.
The further back in time you go, the less wisdom is there to acquire. This means less time is needed to learn it and you could know most of what there is to know by the age of 20 easily. Only when there was too much knowledge for one person to handle, we invented trades and vocations. That is the reason we became successful. We found a way to collect, develop and apply knowledge through specialisation to improve our lives, allowing us to live longer. Or do you think there is one 1500 year old scientist who does all the life-improving science?
Also, when your old man died at 40, you weren't 8. You were 25 by that point and already teaching your own son all that shit. Don't apply 21st century generation period to 20,000 BC.
>>
>>633552
>No way somebody's teeth are that nice.
look at all the american teenagers, in middle class and above; they all have good white teeth.
>>
>>627558
>but their life time was about 40 years
>As a result they had smaller frames, were skinnier and shorter.

This is literally 19th century level of historical knowledge.
>>
>>633552
There's braces and bleachy products
>>
>>619899
>Stop besmirching /pol/'s good name

oi am laffin mate
>>
>>621502

Gotta rid of that debris tho
>>
>>623873
>They didn't use straight up urine, they boil it down into ammonia. If you don't believe this works, then watch the episode of Mythbusters where they proved urine can be turned into a cleaning/disinfectant agent.

Did some yard work at my friend's cottage last summer and got some cuts into my arms. Her mother is a bit of a hippy and insisted that she treated them. After she pasted some salve into the wounds I smelled it and asked what the fuck she just applied to me and she replied "cow urine".

Long story short I am still here alive and didn't get infection of any sort.
>>
>>633652
Have you ever been to a medieval castle? Them tiny beds, tiny armors, tiny everything... Do you think they liked to make everything uncomfortably small?
Are you taller than your grandpa? Arent current teenagers taller than you?
Do you know how tall are oldest species of homo sapiens?

Bruh, people get bigger and bigger because we have available, I would even say unlimited nutrition. The average human proportions grow in all dimensions.
>>
>>617994
Baking soda and charcoal powder. Soda for the tongue charcoal for the teeth/gums.
>>
>>617999
Toothache is the most common reason for suicide among indiginous populations newly contacted with white people and their white flours and sugars.
>>
>>618032
OP here, thanks for the advice senpai, gonna start doing this ASAP desu in order to prepare for my wilderness adventure
>>
google "nanotech toothbrush"
>>
>>618829
This is highbrow bait.
>>
>>618870
I had the same experience. Not canker sores but generall irritated mouth and lips then I got better sls-fluoride free toothpaste and it never happened again.
>>
>>619502
Hey Dude, in dental industry fag here. The most important shit to get cleaned is the crap underneath your gums. All that calculus that isn't being scaled off can irritate the gums, and that shit makes those pockets deeper, so its makes that shit worse. Enough of that shit and you got gum disease. You should go to a hygienist to get your teeth cleaned.

All you fuckers should just go to the damn dentist, you have one set of teeth, might as well make the most of them. Shits expensive without insurance, but so is not having teeth or having to have implants or some shit.
>>
>>633757
Everything was fucking tiny back then because they couldn't mass produce cheap ass shit in a fucking factory larger than the fucking castles you mention.

They depended on quality, not quantity. Not to mention the fucking resources for that kind of quality was damn rare back then. The average person didn't even have a bed, they slept on a pile of straw with an animal hide thrown over it.
>>
>>627755
>genes would self eliminate
as long as it kills you before you can procreate
>>
>>632558
Amazing. What do you eat day to day? I think I wanna be like you.
>>
>>618312
HAHAHAHAH this isn't fun
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.