[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pants Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 13
Pants thread.

Looking for /out/ pants for hiking/camping/casualwear.

I have a pair of zip off convertible pants from Gander Mountain, guide series trailhead. They're very light and comfy enough to sleep in, but they kind of make me look like a /k/ommando for doing any thing other than hiking.

Would like a pair of /out/pants that I could wear casually too. Something that fits like jeans, only is comfortable enough to hike in.

Pic is Kuhl pants. They're expensive. Anyone have other options?
>>
File: 55180_ASHT.jpg (28 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
55180_ASHT.jpg
28 KB, 750x750
I wear Patagonia Quandary pants most of the time. They go from work to climbing and back with just a quick dusting-off of the chalk.
>>
Fjallraven Keb Gaiter masterrace.
>>
File: 1432247373524.jpg (39 KB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
1432247373524.jpg
39 KB, 500x442
Post more pants
>>
Im a poorfag, and usually wear dickies pants.
>>
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 2010x2010) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 2010x2010
I wear Carhatts most of the time.
>>
>>617041
*Carhartt
>>
either 5.11 taclights like a wannabe police fag or TruSpec ... still like a police fag.....
Wanna know what I do for a living? hint hahaha
>>
>>617100
>wanna know what I do for a living?
Suck dick?
>>
I don't know if everyone has a marks work warehouse near them but their flannel lined jeans are back and are pretty badass. My last pair lasted 4 years of beating the shit out of them.
>>
>>617100
Security guard / mall cop?
>>
File: blart.jpg (218 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
blart.jpg
218 KB, 800x1200
>>617100
>>
File: tnf_skibib.jpg (347 KB, 743x771) Image search: [Google]
tnf_skibib.jpg
347 KB, 743x771
I bought this The North Face ski bib in 1987 in Garmisch-partenkirchen. they served me well for years but they got lost a few years ago. So I want to buy their modern equivalent. the north face website is no help. i want pants/bib without insulation with the reinforced knees and butt. does anyone sell something similar?
>>
Just buy a pair of moleskin trousers
>>
Fjallraven Barents pro. Bought them today so no experience. Have read some pretty good review about them. Anyone got him aswell?
>>
File: 03734430.jpg (1 MB, 1000x803) Image search: [Google]
03734430.jpg
1 MB, 1000x803
<--- euroboss reporting in.

I wear simple ripstop based cargo pants. sometimes casual fashion 100% cotton pants (H&M stuff).

Patagucci or whatever räven pants look too slick. some pants came with "special coating". this let you look like an old fart.
>>
File: IMG_20151024_144640.jpg (431 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151024_144640.jpg
431 KB, 2048x1536
Went on my first hike with these bad bitches from rail riders earlier. Synthetic, super light weight and have some weird anti bug coating. What I really like about them is that the pantlegs unzip to reveal a mesh liner for hot weather.

They sent me a magazine with the other but they arnt featured in it for some reason, and I had trouble finding them in online stores. I'm not sure if they're discontinued or what, but I really really like them.
>>
>>615814

Kuhl Ryders are great pants...

Mountain Khakis are also pretty good.
>>
>>617254
I have North Face hyvent pants that are similar. Very little insulation, although minimal reinforcement.
>>
OP here. I have a few options in this thread to look at. Most options though seem geared 90% /out/wear, 10% casual wear.
>>
>>617298
How durable?
Think they could handle kneeling onto rocks a few hours a day?
>>
>>617298
They are called Ecomesh aren't they?
>>
I see several recommendations for Carhartt. Is there a specific model anyone would like to recommend?
>>
>>615814
currently using some fjallreven g-1000 pants. they are okay i guess, have lasted for about three years of moderate use. way too many pockets though. and it was a gift, they are damn expensive.
>>
File: download-1.jpg (11 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
download-1.jpg
11 KB, 201x251
can anyone identify the pants dicaprio is wearing?
>>
>>619706
RIP in peace mp.net
>>
>>617032
Same here friend. Honestly, Dickies is best for poorfag life.

Dickies pants
Dickies shirts
Dickies boots
>>
>>620313
>tfw I have dickies shorts
>in black, plaid, khaki
>work pants, black, and khaki
>dickies thermal
>dickies button up. plaid (still fits since 6th grade), and black
>dickies belt

I literally was walking advertisement.

To be honest, the shorts/pants above have paint all over them when I use to do contracter work. I need to get new ones.

The thermals worked perfect.

Anon, do you have the dark brown dickies pants, and if so, are they different (besides color) than the black, and khakis? They seem more rugged.
>>
>>617032
>>620313
>>620317
Poly/cotton work pants like Dickies would be fine except they aren't particularly warm. I'm after something similar to OP but more winter appropriate. Carhartt and Duluth were my first considerations but all their stuff seems to be sized for lard asses.
>>
>>617032
ahaha dickies cost a fortune where i'm from
>>
>>620343
how much are dickies where you're from?
>>
I see a lot of cotton pants in this thread. For just general hiking/camping, what does /out/ think of these cotton pants?
>>
File: 2015-10-29 10.25.52.jpg (142 KB, 640x718) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-29 10.25.52.jpg
142 KB, 640x718
>>617100
>>617225
>>617250
>I'm the type of girl you wanna chew up on my bubblegum
>>
>>617100
I bought a few truspec pants because I liked the features and whatnot, then one of my co-workers asked me where I bought my tactical pants, and I was disappointed that they were so recognizable.
>>
>>617041
I where 2 pairs of pants that work for my job and going /out/
Duluth firehouse pants in the fall and winter(or when I'm doing construction in the summer) and Duluth dry on the fly nylon pants during summer and spring
Duluth is a really nice company and their return policy is the best
>>
>>617250
Kek
>>
>>615814
I wear wrangler jeans. Bought them on sale at Wal mart. Works well enough for me in the Southeast.
>>
>>620440
COTTON KILLS FASTER THAN ALUMINUM

All memes aside it's fine for most use, if you're hiking during the winter nylon or other water resistant pants that can also breathe are recommended with wool long johns and layering. Though as long as your upper body is well bundled and your feet well shod you could probably get by with just jeans, wouldn't be really comfortable, especially if you get wet but it would be possible.
>>
>>618594
i'd try something more durable for that, they're made to be more breatheable than sturdy. perfect for hiking, i dunno about kneeling on rocks or caving.

>>618602
yeah, i think so.
>>
I picked up a pair of these for 20 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Roscoe-Outdoor-Washakie-Pants-Tarmac/dp/B00O0TBKKQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1446272437&sr=1-4&keywords=roscoe+outdoors

Shit feels so nice. But they're my first out pants.

How to judge?
>>
File: BDU pants.jpg (8 KB, 203x450) Image search: [Google]
BDU pants.jpg
8 KB, 203x450
If you're doing ultra-lite eXtreme backpacking then you may want to drop the cash on high-tech pants but I've found that Cabela's cotton BDU pants to a good choice for camping ($30).
>>
File: DSCF0407.jpg (638 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0407.jpg
638 KB, 1600x1200
I got my first pair of Duluth Firehose flex pants I'm trying out. The waterproofing definitely wore off after the 5th or so washing but I still like them. And it's getting cold and wet so I use a synthetic wool blend baselayer.
>>
>>621543
You can get spray cans of water repellent that works pretty well.
>>
>recommending cotton pants

You wanna know how I can tell you fuckheads never leave your basement?
>>
>>621548
>anti cotton pants meme
nice try, but your the one who has never left your basement.
>>
>>621543
>The waterproofing definitely wore off after the 5th or so washing
>>
Get a pair of bibs, if it's cold out throw a pair of flannel pajama pants on under them.
>>
>>615814
Go on any army surplus website, I've never been disapointed by surplus.

Europoor countries often have really neat personal gear and army pants a COMFY.

If camo isn't your style you should actually look, I wear darkish green Austrian fatigues that make my ass look way too good when I'm hiking.
>>
Thoughts on Duluth's nylon cargo offerings?
>>
>Duluth
With all the different pants they make, why can't they make some fire hose pants for men that fit more like 501's/505's or Dickies. All they're shit is way too baggy for normal wear.
>inb4 they're work pants
>inb4 faggot
>>
>>625545
>they're
their*
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.