[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
REI Garage sale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Mountain_View_REI.jpg (317 KB, 1320x886) Image search: [Google]
Mountain_View_REI.jpg
317 KB, 1320x886
anyone going tomorrow?
>>
>>604051
No because it's far from me and all the good shit is gone by 6 am...
>>
I'm not a member. What do you have to d to become one?
How much could I get a sleeping bag and other gear for?
Any tips?
>>
>>604093
to become a member you pay 20 bucks. it pays for itself very quickly. a few years ago i bought a bike there that pretty much only they were offering. one of my favorite bikes and they gave me back like 100 dolarydoos because i was a memeber. also, i just bought a new rain jacket there last week and i got a 20 dollar gift card because i was a member. didn't even think about the garage sale, it was rei brand i bet it would be 40% off tomorrow.

all in all, it is a box store. but it is one of the best box stores that exists.
>>
>>604051
No, because the currently sitting President is an asshat shithead. The "bargain basement" was and is far superior because you didn't have to deal with the lottery system or waiting in line for hours and hour and hours. The current president changed the system back to the garage sale. Also, the garage sale brings out the worst in outdoor fags- You've seen them...those people why run in and grab like 10-15 jackets, pants and a bunch of other shit then turn around and sell it on craigslist or ebay.

They don't give a flying fuck if you waited in line, so as long as they can load up their Subaru Outback with 900 jackets. With the bargain basement, you could cruise in, browse, try some things on or not, and just have a mellow time because some stupid nigger wasn't trying to bike your nut sack off over a Suunto watch marked down 40%. Literally everyone I know who works at REI cannot stand the garage sale system.

If you go OP, post your wins and battle scars here. Also,
>inb4 OP gets elbowed in the face over a jacket
>>
>>604108
>those people why run in and grab like 10-15 jackets, pants and a bunch of other shit then turn around and sell it on craigslist or ebay.
Holy shit this is fucking sleazy.
/r/ing someone to go tomorrow with a video camera and record some lulzy shit for us.
>>
>>604108
This

People rush in as a group, grab a shit ton of stuff, then go to a corner, stash it, and have someone horde it like an aggressive squirrel
>>
>>604095
>because i was a memeber
nice freudian slip
>>
File: anf.jpg (20 KB, 296x394) Image search: [Google]
anf.jpg
20 KB, 296x394
Thanks OP for letting me know it's this Saturday. I'm trying to be frugal right now but the garage sales are usually worth the money spent. I love the layered North Face jacket/shell system with the big white X marks over the NF logos I bought at the last garage sale. People ask if I am making an anti-North Face statement when it really means I was cheap. Hopefully there will be medium size backpack, which is my main need right now.
>>
>>604108
Former REI Flagship employee here. The decision to get rid of of the basement was made well before the leadership changed hands.
>>
Even the discounted prices don't justify this clusterfuck. I'd rather spend $10 more online and avoid it.
>>
>>604108
Speaking of Suunto watches, I scored a display model one at an REI sale for $65 a few years back. They normally sell for $300.

I'd think about going tomorrow but I don't think I'll make it, it's almost 5AM and I'm drunk and tired.
>>
I actually went with my girlfriend. I just woke up from my nap because we left at 5 this Morn. I picked up a nice pare of climbing shoes for 35.83and a north face recon backpack for 30.83. I was broke and heard about it last minute and wasn't too bad
>>
>>604579
Forgot to mention the backpack and shoes wee both 99.99 originally
>>
I showed up at 9am when it opened. Parking lot full, line around the building. Everything was picked over by the time I got inside. Go early or not at all
>>
>>604051
went at 10am, no line by then, and got snowpeak 1400 set without the carry bag for $25. nice price for a titanium group cookset.
>>
I got a North Face thermoball jacket for $45.

It had the original tags still attached.
>>
File: REI_Sale_008.jpg (83 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
REI_Sale_008.jpg
83 KB, 640x480
It was a bit of a bust for me. The REI near me had no parking and all the nearby side streets were filled up too so I drove to the next nearest REI out in the suburbs. There wasn't very much of interest. I did end up buying a fire sparker with damaged packing. On my way home I did swing by the other REI but it was slim pickings by then. Past garage sales have had a lot more merchandise but I suspect that's because I usually go to the one in spring which has lots of Christmas returns. At least reading the return tags were worth a laugh. One person returned a bag because it had dog hair on it. That seems like a bit of an abuse of REI's liberal return policy.
>>
>>604051
I get all of my high dollar shit this way. Stay mad. >>604129
>>
I picked up a half dome 2 plus for $17 on the last day of the sale.
>>
>>604861
You have to get there at or before midnight the night before. The best shit is gone in two minutes. You really do have to go in as a team.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.