[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mourn our dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 7
File: iron age burial mound.jpg (69 KB, 800x359) Image search: [Google]
iron age burial mound.jpg
69 KB, 800x359
so /out/ has been here for about two years
two years can be a long time
how many sc/out/s do you think have died in action so far
how many posts about their moras will never reach us ?
>>
This is actually quite a nice idea.

If we know anyone that actually died whilst /out/, whether they were Sc/out/s or not, we could honour their names once a year at Easter.
>>
>>493459
When a Sc/out/ dies we should carve their name into a Mora Classic handle and hammer it deep into a tree.
>>
Didn't weird texan die?
>>
>>493461
They'd all be named anon though because that's how it should be. Unless they were a tripfag or namefag in which case they are banned from the funeral pyre.
>>
>>493490

I know the perfect spot for this, at the Buckley Homestead county park near Lowell IN, they planted two rows of pines to server as a windscreen several years back, since then it has become overgrown with honey locust, wild cherry, honey suckle, and various small trash trees. However, the original row of pines remains, and between them, nothing is growing. this makes a little hallway through the woods that I like to go to and reflect on things. It is a beautiful spot, and with a little bit of work, would become the perfect spot for a hall of /out/ legends.

pic related
>>
>>493459
>how many sc/out/s do you think have died in action so far
implying dying of cheeto dust inhalation or diabetes is "action"
>>
>>493568
Hey now, this is /out/, not /k/
>>
I think (the first?) schizophrenic runaway underageb& anon may have died. Probably not in action, but still.
>>
>>493591
There was also that homeless guy who was shacking up in an abandoned house with a few others.

And Weird Texan

And that Biker

And the guy who wanted to sail the Gulf of Mexico

So yeah, a lot of Anon's could have died since the birth of the board
>>
>>493490
but anon, mora classic is only partial tang, the blade would not be able to withstand the process, broken like their dreams.

Sounds fitting.
>>
We honor the following posters who have passed on, while /out/ or not:

Anonymous
Anonymous
Anonymous
>>
> how many sc/out/s do you think have died?

None. /out/ is just the same 4-5 shitposters that its always been.
>>
Damn, I forgot about weird Texan. Then again, I haven't posted here in ages.

This board has been around for so long now, man. I was here when it began :')
>>
>>493651
More like 4-5 of the original 8. I miss that old mountain biker who used to rent a room from Gary Fisher and the tripfag with all the crazy inventions
>>
>>493615
Which Biker? I'm the anon who posted about his royal enfield way back. I'm still around if that's who you're talking about.

There was somebody who had an SV 650 though, and I think another who rode a Postie around Australia..
>>
>>493900
Truth be told I never saw him on /out/ but he said he browsed here a lot. I'll green the tale of bikerbro.

>be on a feels thread in /mlp/
>hear me out
>some guys in the Army/Navy start posting, before long other 'tough guys' start posting as well
>lots of timestamps with lots of documents and guns
>body builders, security officers, drug dealers, police and finally a biker
>not just a guy who rides motorbikes, a legit biker in a gang
>after some skepticism he posted timestamps with his bike, patch and other shit
>turns out he was on the run, skipping from town to town
>no one believed him at first, but his story was so solid it had to be true
>some anons got his email, stayed in contact
>thread 404'd
>a while later, a similar thread came up, but we weren't prepared for the feels
>bikerbro had either an heroed or been shot and was in hospital in a bad way
>we never heard anything from his again, neither did the guys he talked to
>many feels were had
>go on /out/ by his recommendation
>start hiking, camping and other shit
>tfw I'll never go camping with the glorious bastard that got me into it
>feels
>>
>>493526

The /out/ ones actually seem quite reasonable. Necromancer, Dræfend or however the fuck you spell it, Arborist, none of them are such shitposters as on other boards.
>>
>>493985
They're still attention whores by default.
>>
>>493566
That sounds bloody perfect
>>
>>493490
>>493566
>>493630
>>493996

Does it Have to be a mora? could I substitute cheap $2 used butchers knives? I would love to make this happen.

>>493524
>>493526
>>493591
>>493615
>>493644
>>493875
>>493971
>>493985

Stat compiling names
>>
>>493490
A dead tree, obviously. LNT, nigga.
>>
I didn't open the thread, but wasn't there some sad sack who said he was going to take a bus to Banff and just sit there until he died of thirst or starvation?
>>
>>493988

Maybe some tripfags just want to make more of a connection with their fellow /outers? don't see why you gotta make it so negative lol
>>
almost forgot! Anyone remember that cancer guy that said he was going to canada to do a bunch of drugs then kill himself? I thought he would have posted back by now, probably dead.
>>
>>493971
Aww sheeeit, I remember that guy. I had no idea he went out like that.

Damn, I'm feeling feels now
>>
>>494178
Because it's an anonymous board, if you want connections go to furcardia. And of course a tripfag would act like it isn't an attention whoring thing.
>>
>>494200

It's not anonymous if you use a tripcode. Tripcodes are built into the forum. You think we're hacking this shit or something? Where is the rule stating everyone has to be anonymous?
>>
>>494207
No, I'm saying this board is described as an anonymous image board, it started all anon, it has been 99.9% all anon and everyone on every board hates when people use tripcodes outside the scope of their purpose.

Tripfag please go, you're too stupid to know what you're talking about.
>>
>>494211

>everyone on every board

really? cuz long before I ever used a tripcode I didn't mind it at all..Maybe you should stop speaking for others and overreacting about a minor thing for no reason.

Just because it started as anon, and is usually, doesn't mean it has to be. Why are you being so close minded? You seem really upset...
>>
>>494217
The norm is people hate tripfags, if you don't see it, you're as delusional as you are an attention whore.
>>
I don't even notice tripfags 9 times out of 10 because I just skip from comment to comment only reading the content. But yeah, the general consensus is that tripfags are cancer. Well, it was. It may be more accepted now that 4chan is more mainstream and since probably 50% (or more) of the user base are Redditors, the old ways have dissipated. But there was a time when any tripfag posting would be instantly told to fuck off just because they were using a trip.

Personally, I don't give a fuck. You're free to do whatever you want. Although I can understand peoples disdain because of so many trips who attention whore and try to build a status, which really goes against the principles of anonymity.

Just out of interest Sasquatch, why do you choose to trip and not be anon? The content would be the same and hold the same value regardless.
>>
>>494180
I do remember that poster. I never saw him on /out/ again, but then again, I'm not a daily poster, so maybe he did come back?
>>
>>494219

Lol dude settle down your jimmies. You seem to be the only one with a problem here. I've done nothing negative at all so far. You're the one being a total faggot and detriment to the community, not me. If you don't see that, you're a retard...
>>
>>494242
>You seem to be the only one with a problem here
Which is why other people are even pointing out the majority of 4chan hates uneeded trips. You seem really butthurt you got called out for being what you are, an attention whore.

>4chan
>community
lol
>>
>>494232

The reason I choose to trip is because of how much I like /out.

I've been coming to 4chan on and off for ten years, and only like 3 weeks ago did I decide to start using a tripcode, exclusively on /out, because of the increased maturity and quality of this boards community. I like the idea of us here being close, and recognizing eachother. I also just want to be generally helpful on this board, and I find myself coming/posting every single day just about, so why not have people be able to directly address me or things i've said? I post so often I like the idea of building a rapport with this community, since I find myself enjoying talking to so many of the people in it.

It really just makes me feel closer to /out I guess.

I agree with your not noticing it though. Honestly I didn't even know trips was a thing until like a year ago, and even then I never checked peoples names, just read the post content.

Sorry I rustled so many jimmies I guess, but it's what I want to do and I'm going to keep doing it. And since I really am not "whoring" for attention, that argument is just dumb... We wouldn't even be having this conversation if some angry doosh didn't blow up with anger for no reason lol
>>
>>494243

not nearly as butthurt as you bro. Must be red by now..
>>
>>494245
>The reason I choose to trip is because of how much I like /out
You like it so much you want to attention whore on it? Just because you like it doesn't mean it likes you. But seeing as you're a newfag in general I don't except much else, you'll get over it eventually.

>>494246
uuuduuu nuuu umad. Welcome to the internet.
>>
>>494245
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>494247

>oh the irony
what is even the point of this post lol? I'm very sorry you're so angry at me. But that's the internet brother. Feel free to get over it any time!
>>
>>494251
That's good damage control. Tell me more about how mad I am that people hate tripfags. Really, that's like saying I'm mad that you're mentally retarded and I'm not. Tripfag logic.
>>
>>494252

Guess you're going to need therapy to get over this cuz i'm not going anywhere man. And despite what you may think, anonymous people on the internet "hating" me for using the feature of a forum is not something that keeps me up at night. Keep bein showing me how not mad you are, you're making so much sense!
>>
>>494253
Exactly, was waiting for it to come out.

"I just want people to look at me, dun care if you hate me"

But you do care, which is why you keep responding telling me how mad I am as I giggle at attention whores.
>>
>>494254

If you didn't blow up this thread with your illogical hatred we wouldn't be having this conversation would we? Seems to me that you are in fact the attention whore, and you can't stop responding to me, the person who isn't worthy of any attention or respect, which means you're also an ignorant hypocrite. See how logic works? Remove head from anus and you'll get a lot further!
>>
>>494255
>blow up this thread
>literally 2 people typing
You're really weird, not that I'm surprised it's just interesting that attention whores also think anything directed even remotely towards them is blowing something up. Keep the control coming, I love it.
>>
btw you realize when this site started everyone used trips right? anonymity took years until it was the norm. good try though....

Go work out or something man, seriously. You are getting way too upset. Is this your first time on the internet?
>>
>>494261
He said as he replied to no one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

Learn to 4chan. I know you're new round these parts but it's for your own good.
>>
>>494262

I meant to reply to no one. Havn't you seen that I replied before? Thus I obviously know how and chose not too? Holy shit man keep the laughs coming please. I'm beginning to think you're trolling. No one can be this dumb. Good job.
>>
There was a bloke travelling across the outback and logging his travels here. I guess they recently found his body.
>>
Also I'm not sure if you know this but I'm not watching whatever link that is...because you see. People can choose to not pay attention to thinks they don't like. Kinda like how you have the ability to ignore me, or not even look at the tripcode. Your inability to do these common things is slightly disturbing. seek help
>>
>>494264

link to the news story? I remember that guy, was really looking forward to hearing more from him.
>>
>>494263
Okay newfriend, stick around and real a little, you'll adapt with time.
>>
>>494267

Sounds great! And I hope you adapt as well my friend. You obviously have some issues to get over...
>>
>>494267

btw since you seem to be pretty behind on your 4chan history, let me enlighten you.

Stick around, you'll stop being a newfag eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3OTgTyujtE
>>
>>494265
Lel 3 posts in a row, buttrage confirmed. Seriously, just relax, take off the tripcode that people laugh at and join the normals. I know you have self esteem issues but damn, 4chan is not the place to get your attention.
>>
>>494270

Way to count. But numbers actually go like this:
1,2,3 etc.
not

Glad I could help. Keep spouting the same crap, you sound smarter every time.
>>
>>494272
That's whatever you were talking about for you tripfag, enjoy being the least liked part about 4chan lel.

inb4 noumad
inb4 not for attention!
>>
>>494269
Doesn't moot always post about love and tolerance though? He's basically a closet brony, the fact is the majority know tripfags are cancer, you know this yes? And the majority think it because it's true. Once upon a time doesn't mean anything.
>>
Oh my god, take this meta bullshit to email or IRC. Stop blowing up the thread.
>>
>>494273

Really doesn't bug me at all though. Again the only person having a bad time is you.... get over it man
>>
>>494277
>is you
>is most of 4chan
ftfy
>>
>>494277

So you're saying most of 4chan is currently in this thread bitching like an idiot?

Or you're saying that me using a tripcode, is making most users on 4chan have a bad experience when they use 4chan.

You get more retarded with every post...
>>
>>494281
Lel did you mean to reply to your own thread too?
>>
>>494285

Nope. Obviously a mistake. You must feel so smart pointing it out. Another complex you have revealed. Yikes bro...
>>
>>494288
>another complex
>laughing at you
This is what attention whores actually believe.
>>
>>494296

Nah the complex thing is just logic. You're like the type of person who points out and ridicules for spelling errors over the internet to make yourself feel superior. It's almost funny that the things you are accusing me of, you are actually exemplifying. But it's not funny, just kinda weird.
>>
>>494264
Bumping for interest.
>>
>>494296

And why does having a complex while laughing cancel something out? All that means is you have a complex and are also dumb as the same time lol
>>
>>494298
>>494302
Dat double reply, buttrage confirmed again.
>>
>>494303

And why is that? So far you have been unable to form a coherent thought. Only further showing the fact that you are the cancer bro...
>>
>>494305
>So far you have been unable to form a coherent thought
>responds in a way that clearly shows my thoughts are coherent
Try again tripfag, you'll get better at it.
>>
>>494311

I didn't respond in a way that shows your thoughts are coherent though. At least 3-4 times during this conversation something you have said made literally zero sense. And you refuse to address my points because you know i'm right and can't handle it.
I'm really sorry you are the way you are. But once again, you're the only one having a bad time here bro.
>>
>nice idea for a thread
>Anon come up with a fucking awesome way of honouring our dead
>immediately derailed by an argument about tripfags

I guess /out/ isn't the shining beacon of hope I always thought it was. 4chan will be 4chan

>>494100
I really like this idea, bro. Could you get some pics of the corridor so we know what we're working with?
>>
>>494318
>refuse to address my points
What points? You've made no points besides saying umad over and over. It's pretty goofy but it's not really a point.

>you know im right
Dat desperation.
>>
Anonfag and Tripfag pls go and stay go
>>
>>494320

sure thing man, I will grab a pic either tomorrow or Saturday. It is in rough shape right now, but just a few hours of work could turn it into something great.
>>
>>493459
>>493459

Ill start

>be inawoods with largish group of boy sc/out/s.
>west Virginia with the best backpacking weather possible
>walking in day 2
> one of the leader drops to the ground and smacks headed REAL HARD
> drop pack, rush to his side
> check air ways, look up and call other sc/out/s over to plan what to do
> tfw no breath
>send scouts w/ maps to find signal
> tfw no pulse
>me and to leaders start cpr
>nothing
>continue pumping chest and blowing air and periodically checking vitals
>tfw nothing changed
>an hour later and help finally arrives
> tfw cpr for and hour.
>carry body of bud to trail head
>meet with sherif
>tell them what happened
>tfw police thought we killed him

Fast forward a few hours

>meet with doctors
>the tell us that he suffered a massive heart attack and was probably dead before he hit the ground.

Every time i hike past the spot i take a minute to remember him and everything he did for our local sc/out/s

I'll miss you bob
>>
>>494245
so you use a trip to make the board better and here we are in a thread derailed entirely by your use of a trip and instead of accepting that you've made this thread a shitshow you've decided to keep the trip the board be damned
you don't seem particualrly attention whorish to me as far as tripfags, who are inherently attention whores, go but you're reasons for the trip aren't valid as evidenced by this thread which you're putting down to one guy getting mad rather than your actions as a tripfag
if you cared about this board as much as you say you do you would see that your actions have negative consequences and change your behaviour but i just scrolled to the bottom of the thread and there you are still with a trip
>>
>>493524
Who was weird texan, hear about him from time to time on here but I've only been here a year
>>
File: 20150410_153948.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150410_153948.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>494529

As promised
>>
>>494948
Dude, that looks perfect. I'm tempted to an hero just to get my name into the Hall of Heroes.
>>
File: 20150410_154227.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150410_154227.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>494948

I was mistaken about the two rows, I was thinking of a different tree row, anyways, here is the hall. It is also surrounded by wild black berries as of last summer.
>>
>>494180
I remember that guy.
>>494234

He seemed so convinced he had to do this.
>>
>>494211
Honestly I prefer it when shitposters tripfag. Makes them easy to filter. Only ever did that to a couple on /out/ though.
>>
>>494701
He quit school and lived in a hole in the ground in the woods for a while, posting updates, then moved to a commune run by Hippie Jesus, then I think he got tired of that and got an IT job.
>>
>>495094

Different anon here--

That's what I was thinking the whole time reading this thread. Last I remember he moved to FL and got a job in IT. Why is everyone saying he's dead?
>>
>>494217
>>494242

My tripfriend, the other anon is correct. Most people don't like tripfags, mostly because it contradicts what made/makes chans good to begin with. You really ought to know that, I actually suspect that you do know it but have long decided that your reasons for tripfagging trumps the fact that practicaly everyone else on every other chan on this planet is anon.
>>
>>495061
Yes

This is perfect
>>
I wonder if the anon who was going to use fireworks and a budk dagger for bear defense is dead yet
>>
>>494242
Fuck off, being a tripfag is negative.
>>
File: 14288748480140.jpg (67 KB, 1024x119) Image search: [Google]
14288748480140.jpg
67 KB, 1024x119
Seattle Hobo Anon who had a few threads about squatting in Seattle. Nobody remembers that, I think, but I'm not dead and I'm still traveling about living the vagabond life. As for how long, it's not really for sure. Living like this is almost like living on the run from nothing but your own society's preconceived notions about you. I lurk here and post a few times, but not often and only with a trip when it's some good advice. I've thought of writing a beginner's intro to beat life in the new millennia, to the constant onslaught of 'going 2 be homeless gief advice' greens everywhere who are searching for adventure and something real, more than anything.

Perhaps I will get around to it.
>>
Not saying he's dead, but personally the Irish anon living in the disused quarry near Galway deserves a mention I think. He was awesome start to finish with his story and I kinda miss hearing what life was like in his little clay soaked milsurp tent.
>>
>>496199
what ever happened to him, did he ever get a home?
>>
>>496174
Glad to hear you're makin it work!
>>
>>496331
Last I remember he was training with the Irish Navy hoping to join the Foreign Legion in France
>>
OP here, I'm amazed with the ideas you guys came up with

>>496174
glad you're still alive bro

>>495411
probably dead, I'm guessing run over by a car because he used his katana as a car deterrent
>>
>>496174
Glad to hear you're still alive, bro. Keep us updated so we don't think you're kill.
>>
File: podracing.jpg (81 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
podracing.jpg
81 KB, 500x329
>>494245
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.