[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the cost of ownership like between an A5 and a 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 46adfd2e-2d12-1ad2.jpg (142 KB, 900x486) Image search: [Google]
46adfd2e-2d12-1ad2.jpg
142 KB, 900x486
What's the cost of ownership like between an A5 and a 4 series, or Audi and BMW in general? I'm eyeing both of these cars.
>>
>>15458077
Sky high vs sky high.
>>
>>15458080
Yeah, but which is higher? I know it's kind of ludicrous either way but it is a factor.
>>
>>15458086
>asking /o/ about luxury cars

you must be new

http://www.edmunds.com/tco.html
>>
>>15458086
BMW has been shown in a recent study to be the most expensive make to maintain of all. I'd go with the Audi, although I'd truly go with neither if cost of ownership was that big of an issue. Look into the Lexus RC. It's much cheaper to maintain.
>>
>>15458077
>What's the cost of ownership like between an A5 and a 4 series, or Audi and BMW in general? I'm eyeing both of these cars.
I just spent $1200 for an 80k mile service on my E550 sedan, OP. Can you handle $0.07 to $0.15 per mile in maintenance costs?
>>
File: 14b6koh.jpg (759 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
14b6koh.jpg
759 KB, 1600x1200
>>15458086
In both cases all you can do is do the regular maintenance, not drive like a retard and hope to god shit doesn't randomly fail.

Just pick which ever car you enjoy more and stop being such a bitch
>>
>>15458103
Yeah, I am. Even then I've gathered that /o/ kind of prefers to drive shitboxes and chides those who don't, not terribly surprising really. Still, I thought I'd ask. Anyway, thanks for the link, that should prove useful.

>>15458105
That's actually the third vehicle that I've been looking at, but it's outperformed by both others and I can't find a 350 in my price range. I'm still looking for one, though.
>>
>>15458110
>$0.07 to $0.15 per mile
Its FAR more than that.
Changing your own oil is $0.09/mile minimum.
>>
>>15458110
Honestly, yeah I can. And I have a pretty low average for miles driven.
>>
>>15458122
>Its FAR more than that.
>Changing your own oil is $0.09/mile minimum.
Depends on the service interval.
>>
If your not an idiot and lease one of them, it will be very low. The warranty and service plan will take care of everything.
>>
Get the competing Lexus instead if running costs are what you're worried about.
>>
>>15458125
You'll still have to have an annual service regardless of miles driven. Oil should be changed annually, and brake fluid should be changed every two years because of moisture concerns.
>>
>>15458122
What do you own?
>>
File: A4 Project.jpg (2 MB, 1496x1991) Image search: [Google]
A4 Project.jpg
2 MB, 1496x1991
A4 because it's cheaper, I guess.
>>
My father has an A4, other family has mercs and bmws.
A5 is an just expensive (but better looking to most) A4 which is basically an expensive golf sedan, so just imagine maint on a vw.
Between the germans, they are pretty cheap to own, bmw is way more expensive.
That said, audi gave us shit customer service and attention, it did feel like vw tier. Meanwhile merc and bmw were the whole package, very thorough with attention and shit.
Routine service tends to be cheaper in our area, but again, the extra price paid with the other brands is worth it with the whole customer attention and shit, but I guess this depends on dealer (buying new I assume).
I don't take care of the cars anymore, but I might add that the hvac and media center in the audi is shit, I prefer the others.
>>
>>15458580
>A4 which is basically an expensive golf sedan
Passat if anything, the A3 is a rebadged Golf.
>>
>>15458113
It's not that /o/ prefers shitboxes necessarily, it's more that most /o/tists are students who are pretty damn poor.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.