[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /o/ feel about the Nissan Titan XD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: iu[2].jpg&f=1.jpg (199 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
iu[2].jpg&f=1.jpg
199 KB, 1600x900
How does /o/ feel about the Nissan Titan XD?
>>
>xD

Fuck off.
>>
nice car XD
>>
fuckhuge
>>
File: IMG_20160419_211235.jpg (177 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160419_211235.jpg
177 KB, 1080x1080
>>15457610
>>
Wasn't Cummins exclusive to Ram trucks? what happened? did they break up?
>>
>>15457610
at first glance, disgusted. That entire front end looks like shit.
i'd assume the internals are shit as well, following suit with previous gens.
>>
File: 1425855235283.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1901) Image search: [Google]
1425855235283.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1901
>>15457628
lol
>>
>>15457610
I wish it wasn't so ugly.
>>
>>15457626
Titanic, even
>>
>>15457641
Was, sure. Cummins found a couple someones to sell some V8s to - Nissan and Toyota.
>>
>>15457610
A 5.0 v8 cummins does make my dick move, but it's still weird to me that it's in a Nissan. Looks huge like all new trucks.
>>
Most 'Murican Japanese vehicle ever made
>>
Looks awful outside but the interior is pretty sick. Odd for the Japs to crank out trucks, especially diesel V8 trucks but whatever sells sells, I suppose.
>>
>people saying it looks ugly
>mfw it literally looks like a nissan badged ford
>>
>>15457610
The turned the Titan into an F150
>>
File: 2016_ford_f_150_angularfront.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2016_ford_f_150_angularfront.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>15457828
>>
I'm interested in seeing what the smallest Titan will look like. From what I understand the XD is in between a light and heavy duty truck and they're going to make one larger and one smaller.
>>
>>15457838
those trucks arr rook the same to me, boxy with a defining manufacturer fascia
>>
Wheels corrode to ever living fuck, other than that they're pretty tough and get around okay.

Never seen one doing anything even close to extreme or industrial work.

The only Japanese truck I don't trust to run like Tundras, Titans, Tacoma's etc are Ridgelines.

I'm almost positive actual "truck usage" of the Ridgeline will kill it very quickly.
>>
>>15457828
Bro trucks just don't do it for me. S'pose I'm really not a qt redneck girl after all.
>>
>>15457641
I've been following the "Half-ton cummins" truck for years and this is, based on what I've read, how it worked out.
Let's got back to 2006 or so...
Cummins and Dodge were working together to design a brand new from the ground up cummins engine for the half ton rams. It was supposed to come out in 06-08 or so.
Then the recession hit and the auto industry went to shit. Dodge/Chrysler got sold off by Daimler to whatever conglomerate it was that owns it now.
As Dodge was getting situated, it's new owner asked Dodge, "So, what have y'all bee working on?" and dodge said, "Well, we have this half-ton Cummins idea..." the new conglomerate said "That's not a bad idea, but we refuse to pay Cummins that price for their motor. What we're going to do instead is go to one of our other companies that's under our ownership umbrella(i think it's an Italian Diesel company) and get a diesel from them cause it'll be cheaper."
So the Dodge Half-ton Cummins idea got canned.
Cummins was now left with this brand new diesel engine that was built just for the ram sitting on its bench. A ton of time and money to develop something that was now not going to be sold. So Cummins sorta approached the rest of the auto market and said, "Well, we have this spiffy new diesel....does anybody want to give it a shot?"
Nissan heard them, stepped up, and said, "We'll take it."
And that was that.
In my opinion it was a shit mistake. As someone who has been around diesel trucks with farmers, ranchers, haulers, ect my whole life I can promise you Dodge Ram would have zero credibility today if it wasn't for Cummins. I know dozens of Dodge Cummins drivers and 9/10 will say Doges are anywhere from shit-tier to just OK, but the only reason they buy them is because of the Cummins.
>>
>>15458026
This.

Honestly, as great as the cummins motors are, I'd still never touch another dodge.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.