[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My dad wants to get a new car, and he is deciding between a BMW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 111s3yp.jpg (1011 KB, 1476x1284) Image search: [Google]
111s3yp.jpg
1011 KB, 1476x1284
My dad wants to get a new car, and he is deciding between a BMW 3 series, audi a4 or a5, or Lincoln MKZ

What is best, in terms of reliability?
>>
Probably the bmw, depending on how many bells and whistles he gets. The Lincoln is almost definitely hit and miss, it might be alright, but nobody buys enough of them to know, and ford isn't exactly the highest on build quality and reliability.

Not sure about audi, everything I've heard says that it will be a shitbox that is in the shop most of the time, and I doubt they're anything special in terms of longevity. I don't really know though, the BMW is probably the safest bet, but they don't exactly have the best reputation (according to Americans anyway), and the other choices are in all honesty nightmares for reliability. Some faggot is going to reply to this trying to say how much he hates the BMW he can't afford (and therefore they're shit), but it kind of shits on the other options you've mentioned.
>>
>>15453921
>What's the long term reliability on a brand new car?

Unless one of those is like the 4th year of a model, who the hell knows. BMW claims to engineer their cars to last 10 years or something without major service, but that seems like bullshit to me. I have no experience with them though, other than I liked the 1 series, but the stuff I read about their reliability made me reconsider.

VAG's car in general I would tend to avoid. I worked at one of the parts stores up until recently, and they always had super goofy things wrong with them that we couldn't get parts for. Now, the parts availability isn't the concern with the whole internet available to ship you what you want, but the fact that the shit kept happening is the real concern. That stuff had over 100k on it usually, though.

I don't know shit about Lincoln.
>>
>>15453921
I have no experience with any cars above, OP, that's a starting point.

Imo it's about the configuration. Does your father know, what he wants? Let's say he expects:
> a 2 liter turbo
> AWD
> heated F+R seats
> the best infotainment system available.
Look for their names for each of those cars and google that with "problem" or such and the latest model year. People tend to complain. Complain, even if it's something they don't know how to use/maintain it p r o p e r l y. Filter what's just a complaint and what seems to describe those cars downsides and then you got their images right. There are youtube channels describing things, like The Humble Mechanic tells how certain thing fails in exact VWs and similar. No one can remotely guarantee you anything and it's not that anything is meant to fail right after warranty expires. Current german cars can probably last over a decade without a single problem but only if you take their near no tolerances for service intervals and procedures.

I'd take a 6 cylinder AT BMW in black with the comfiest seats available and put an effort to read the manual thoroughly, then visit german forum motor talk (or whatever) for service advices.
>>
>>15454537
Btw I see you still don't have that current A4 available. I'm European so I recommend you >>15453921 to just take a look at it, it's kinda nicer imo. I only dislike that fully digital interior.
>>
>>15453921
Audi are damn near the most unreliable brand on the planet.
I would trust the electronics in a chrysler before i trusted anything on an audi.

BMW are still shit but less so, and lincoln is ford and therefore they're either 100% bulletproof for all eternity or they're problem plagued heaps of shit, no middle ground.
>>
>>15453921
Any Volkswagen product WILL spend its life in a garage, so Audi is a no. Lincoln is American, so its inherently shit quality.

BMW is the most decent choice.
>>
None, they are all shit.
>>
>>15453921
Lincoln is literally a Ford so don't bother and Audi reliability has taken a really bad shit, so BMW is the only good choice. The 3 series are pretty nice small sedans for a bit of hektik driving anyway.
>>
BMW is the only not total shit option here.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 468x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 468x476
BMW, are you sure?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.