[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /o/. Yesterday I bought myself a 2008 HSV senator signature.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 20160716_212424.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160716_212424.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Dear /o/.
Yesterday I bought myself a 2008 HSV senator signature. It has gay wheels, a gay fiberglass walkinshaw scoop and an LS2 that the last owner said was dynoed at 320kw after a new exhaust and cold air intake. It's 6 speed automagic.

It cost me $25500, which I saved/sold some of my other cars for. All of my family and friends tell me I should have put that money down as a deposit on a house instead of wasting it on a car, but I can save up that money again in just over a year. I'm 25, single, renting a room in a house my best mate owns and never had a credit card or a loan or any other kind of finance. Are they right /o/? Did I just make a really dumb choice by buying a car when all of my friends are buying houses?
>>
You paid too much for that garbage.
>>
Fuck yeah HSVs are awesome 25k is a great price !!!
>>
>>15452242
Cute G8 GT
>>
File: 20160716_212403.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160716_212403.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>15452513
Better tail lights than a g8 gt
>>
>>15452268
>paid too much
What they're worth=/=too much
>>
If you really honestly like cars, you won't regret the decision, and like you said you can save that money up again in a year so it's not that big of a deal.

My brother's in a similar situation, he could have saved more and more to start finding a place to live, and continue driving the old worn-out e36 bmw i now drive, but he decided to buy a nice commodore. He initially got a v6 auto VE with nice rims, but some cunt wrote it off and he used the insurance money to buy a VY v8, and it was fucking red. He says it steers like a boat and that he spends a shitton on fuel, but he doesn't care. He still likes it.

So ask yourself this: do I feel anything for this car, do I enjoy driving it? Would I rather get given a mint hsv or what is probably a shitty house i don't need.
>>
sick commie mate, just get some better wheels and post a skid vid here and you're alright.

Anyway, 25k aint shit for a deposit where I live (syd), plus a deposit means that you need to continue making repayments, buying a car outright is just a 1-time fee (not including maintenance and tyres and etc)

In short, ya did good m8
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
mate if u love cars you did good. I have the money to buy a house now but instead i bought a supra and a skyline GTR to kit out.

House market is fucked and eventually will crash, I'm investing and spending loose change on the cars I love.

I chop you holdens but much love, glad you got a car you love. You did good.
>>
File: 20160717_135726.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160717_135726.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
Thanks guys, I do feel much better about this now.
>>
>>15452242
>LS2
>Shit wheels
>$25,500

Fuck you're a dumb cunt.

Could've had a manual LS3 R8 on good factory 20x10s for that much.
>>
>>15454541
keep the wheels you fucking poof
you'll look out of place if you change them
>>
Its not their money, its your money. You spend it how you want
>>
>>15452242
You did good m80. You can get that money in a year as you said. Cars are our hobby and people have trouble understanding things like that.

If you're currently in good financial terms and living in a stable place, why bother with a house at this point? Just keep doing as good as you've been doing, and have fun.

I really like your car. I wish Holden or Ford Australia exported their Falcodores... that way we could have some powerful boats over here. Oh well.

Oh, most importantly. Do a skid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqdHUSDLDi4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRJ4XtTe6f0
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.