[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My brakes do not feel like they activating until I am about 1-2"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (199 KB, 600x397) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199 KB, 600x397
My brakes do not feel like they activating until I am about 1-2" down on the pedal... I slow down only a little.

I bled my brakes and this didn't really do anything at all. Do I need new pads? My car is a 2005 Mustang GT.
>>
>>15448956
New fluid actually. Try a high performance brake fluid, it's a lil expensive but worth it, absorbs less water and lasts longer and gives better pedal feel.
>>
>>15448956
Oh and you most likely fucked up the bleeding. Re bleed brakes and use better fluid.

If that fails, then new pads.
>>
>>15448956
Its kinda hard to tell without driving it, the master cylinder could be starting to bypass. Just take it to an honest shop (I know "honest") and let a tech test drive it. The pads should have little to do with it. Has it always been like this?
>>
>>15448969
I used new fluid

I can still slam myself into the seatbelt if I slam on the brakes but there is like a 1-2" deadline feel travel to them. Almost spongy kind of I would say. They don't bite high and sensitive like new cars. It was basically the same prior to bleeding.
>>
Look up the bleeding sequence. Some cars are particular about that.
>>
>>15448977
Yeah man

Got my car at 93k miles. I remember it like that since day 1. I thought it was weird at first because I had always driven new cars like Camrys that bite high and harder at first.

Then I get this Mustang and there is a 1-2" deadzone in the brakes.. Always been like this. At 106k miles now. It's weird because my girlfriends new Crossover feels like it has stronger brakes than my Mustang..
>>
>>15448986
Really a 1-2" push isn't terrible. Manual brakes and hydroboost systems tend to have real hard pedals, especially older manual brake systems. Most shops around here will do free brake inspections, let a couple of shops look at at and see what they think. Like I said before its hard to get a feel for it without driving it.
>>
>>15449002
Is this just how Mustangs are?

When I drive my girlfriend Jap crossover, shit engages high and hard. Same with my dads new Corrola.

I just hate mechanics because I feel like they are going to rape me and BS me.
>>
check the master vacuum, it has brake fluid inside it because there's a leak.
>>
>>15449007
Its been a while since I had one. The last one I had had hydroboost and that will feel different than the vacuum assist in yours. As far as a shop try a few, just get the brakes checked spend no money. If they all agree on the same fix than that will cut out the BS factor. All it will cost you is time.
>>
>>15449002
This, both volvo 240's I've owned had pedals that did very little breaking for the first inch or so, but in times where I had to be quick on the brakes you better believe those things fucking stopped.
>>
>>15448956
sounds like an issue with the master cylinder or servo
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.