[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to buy a sports car. How kys tier is getting an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: yearbook_laser_effects.jpg (108 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
yearbook_laser_effects.jpg
108 KB, 453x604
I'm about to buy a sports car. How kys tier is getting an auto? I can drive both but it really doesn't phase me if it's auto+clean+good price
>>
This site is the last place to ask that. Get what you want and what you can afford. If somebody looks down on you for getting an auto, screw em.
>>
Auto is fine. It really depends on the transmission, though. My old SC400 was stock auto and I'd smash people on the frequent.
>>
>>15448438
What sports car, btw?
>>
>>15448479
I was looking at an older Corolla or MR2 from the 80s. Where I live all the manuals are absolute shitcans but there's one or two autos that are in pristine condition and affordable.
>>
>>15448485
Buy a real shitbox manual and a nice auto and swaparooni for the corolla

don't know about the MR2's transaxle. I don't think it's so simple, but I've never had the luxury of working on the 2
>>
>>15448485
That's because nobody ever drove them and nobody wants to drive them. Conventional autos, especially older ones, are crap.

>four whole gears dude
>>
>>15448485
MR2s have one of the best Automagic boxes I've ever used.
>>
>>15448498
To be fair the AW11's auto trans was actually pretty decent. Much, much better torque out of them than what you'd find in the SW20s auto.

I can't speak for the Corolla's AT though.
>>
This was the same issue when I was looking for a corolla. The manual's were uncommon and pricier than the autos. I decided that owning a manual wasn't worth the amount that the sellers were asking. The fuel economy difference between an auto and manual in my 2001 isn't much either.
>>
>>15448485
>sports car
>corolla
>>
>>15448568
Don't shit on OP's parade.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.