[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question regarding California smog regulations. I bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: PHOTO_9183098_31710_12437713_ap.jpg (320 KB, 1495x1884) Image search: [Google]
PHOTO_9183098_31710_12437713_ap.jpg
320 KB, 1495x1884
I have a question regarding California smog regulations.

I bought my car May 21 2015. Smogged the car before the seller and I went to my credit union to finalize the sale. It passed and everything was good.

Just last week, i got a registration renewal notice saying i need to go get it smog. I thought this is done every 2 years? Is it an error by the DMV?
I went to a guy and he said the smog from last year was just for change of ownership, i still need to smog it now. I told the guy I'd come back tomorrow to get it done.
Next day I came in, he plugged in his scanner to read OBD2. Didnt run my car, didnt put the sniffer in the exhaust. Went on the comp, looked confused and went back asking if i already got my smog done last year. (Yea he actually forgot the whole conversation)
So he printed out my smog result saying its complete. It looks identical to the one I have from last year. It even says "inspection reason: change of ownership". Im not selling it now, why does it say that.
Guy charged me money. I think he just "renewed" or just typed up some shit. I might have to come back the next year for smog..
A few questions for /o/
1) was it an error from DMV? I didnt have to smog the car this year right? Jusy need to show proof that i did in May 2015 and pay the registration fee?
2) what was the guy up to? Did he generate a fake smog report? Did he actually smog it with just the runner?
3) what are my options right now?
>>
1. Smog is every two years based on that cars registration. If the 2 biannual smog is near the sell date (90 days I believe) then smog can be used for both I believe.
2. He may not have tested it again, but what you paid for is that certificate. That's all DMV should care about. Most states when it's renewal time they will send it in for you.
3. Nothing. I wouldn't be too worried
>>
>Calicucks actually let mechanics cück them and ask how hard were hey cucked way later
lmaoing @u tbqhwyf
>>
>>15446899
But i did smogged my car last year on May 21 on the day i bought it. Why didnt it carry until 2017? I still have the receipt.
>>
>>15446952
Take it to the DMV to show them proof of smog. You should be able to use that same certificate
>>
>>15446952
>>15446992
Yep, do this anon. I had to deal with this earlier this year when DMV said I had to smog my car again when I did it last year. Doesn't matter if the last smog was because of a sale or renewal, each smog cert is good for 2 years unless you're selling it. If you're selling it, then it's only good for 90 days.

Luckily I still had my receipt and smog printout from last year so I took that to DMV and showed it to them. The guy behind the counter said it was a mistake on their part and took it off.
>>
>>15446952
Because regardless of when you actually smogged it, your car is on its own smog schedule. Every two years. So it was smogged summer of 14 and now needs to be smogged summer 16. When it was smogged last year that was for selling reasons. Anytime your purchase a used car of so many years, DMV wants smog. So that was May last year. The place where you went to smog it is probably just saying we just passed it last year so it passes. What you pay them for is them giving you a certificate. You did get one when you went recently right?
>>
>>15446901
>No rusty cars
>Shitloads of cheap used cars
>Best driving roads
>Best weather
>Best bitches

And you focus on a $60 test we have to do every 2 years that takes literally 15 minutes. Fuck off, jellyfag
>>
>>15447113
Certificates are electronically submitted to DMV in Cali. What he needs to get from the smog shop is a printout with the smog tech's signature showing it already passed.
>>
>>15446901
At least we can easily get good weed
>>
>>15447116
>literally take care of your car and you'll never rust
>wanting sloppy seconds, that were most likely abused by boi racers
>quite good, I'll give you that
>depends on who you ask
>wanting mexicans and other leftist degenerates

>it's ok its $60, at least it's fast!
Not taking into account hat, as OP posted,it's not every 2 years 8)

>>15447134
Case in point, leftist teenagers actually think this is a valid point.
>>
>>15447144
LOL.... alright, whatever. We both know you're just jelly.
>>
File: smug cartoon boy.png (362 KB, 523x592) Image search: [Google]
smug cartoon boy.png
362 KB, 523x592
>>15447180
I can't believe its NOT an argument!
>>
>>15447113
So youre saying the car has its own smog schedule. Last year was just for selling so it didnt count. The next time i need to smog will be 2018?
I got the certificate from the guy this week. I know he didnt run my car, he was just on his computer doing shit for 15 min. The funny thing is the one he gave me says change of ownership just like the one i did last year. Im not selling my car or anything. Why the hell did he put that?
Bottom line is i dont wanna get scammed. I dont wanna smog it again when i didnt need to. And i dont want them to make me go next year again, based off May 2015 smog.
>>
>>15447464
Honestly I don't even know if they run the car anymore or just turn the ignition on to have the pcm on. As long as you have a paper that says smogged you are good. Most likely he submitted electronically to DMV. Did you pay it already? I paid mine on time but didn't smog till 8 months later. Since I paid on time I wasn't charged extra. Either or you have a piece of paper stating it passed smog recently so you should be able to go to DMV or aaa with it and see.
Yes ca requires smog every other year on cars over a certain year (forget). Next year should just be paying it no smog.
>>
>>15447464
And he's not scamming you. If it stated you needed to smog, you needed to smog. Doesn't matter what paper says as long as it's a pass.
>>
>>15447134
Not compared to Colorado
>>
>>15447116
>anyone being jealous of commiefornia
top kek m8
>>
File: 1440032378835.jpg (36 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
1440032378835.jpg
36 KB, 580x435
>>15447134
Weed isn't even legal dipshit. Washington, Oregon, and Colorado all got you beat. Face it, you are the shittiest state on the west coast. Also grow the fuck up kid.
>>
>>15446880
>I have a question regarding California smog regulations.

Emissions testing is once per two years. Emissions testing is also required for car sales. The emissions testing certificate from a car sale is valid for use up to 90 days to the next emissions test date for your car. Trade in the cert for the new one if that is the case. Otherwise, if you are more than 90 days out, you have to pay again for another emissions test.

Medical marijuana costs $10 per gram and makes smog. Oddly enough, humans seem to want to clean up by ingestion 100% of the smog created by burning this weedy substance. Any smog not ingested is deemed to be wasted.

Enjoy your smog.

>>15447662
>Washington, Oregon, and Colorado all got you beat.
Legalizing weed did lower the price to as low as $4 per gram for low THC and $5 per gram for regular and the max of $7 for the highest THC. No one charges more than $7 unless it is for additional services.

The most important thing was that legalizing weed meant that scam weed selling stopped. A lot of homeless and youths sold non-bud weed and they would make extra profit by cutting it with similar looking leafy substances. They would add toxic chemicals to fool customers since the poison would cause the customer to "feel different" when smoked. Thus the customers thought they were getting weed (even if bad weed).

Legalized smog-producing weed also meant that shops were selling licensed weed which was examined and tested by labs (look for certificate to validate claims) for mold content, bacteria content, poison content, herbicide content, pesticide content, and THC percentage. When legal, labs can then legally test it just like they would for normal fruits, vegetables, foodstuffs, and raw materials.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.