[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I had my 03 miata on Craigslist trying to sell it. Then there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
So, I had my 03 miata on Craigslist trying to sell it. Then there was a hailstorm, dented up the hood/trunk a bit, and ripped a few small holes in the softtop. I filed an insurance claim, but then I got a few texts from people wanting to buy the car.
I own the car outright. If the insurance pays out, I know that I can keep the cash and opt not to fix it. Can I just keep the cash and sell the car immediately after? Is there any trouble I can get in for getting a check then cancelling my insurance because I sold the car?
Sorry, I've been a poor fag all my life and this is the first time I've ever had anything past liability insurance, no sure how it all works. I don't want to ask my insurance company because I don't trust them to get suspicious and deny my claim.
>>
Your hood looks like cheese.

I think that would be ok OP, i would probbaly get it fixed though for a better sale price
>>
>>15446633
That's not my hood, it's just a pic off Google. My hood isn't nearly as bad, but I don't have any pictures of the damage.
>>
>>15446626
>miata
>camry

Well which fucking one is it you cockmunch
>>
>>15446762
I forgot to say pic not related, cockmunch.
>>
>>15446626
When it's totalled, the insurance company buys the car from you. You buy it back for pennies on the dollar if you choose to from the insurance company. After that, do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
Basically insurance covers the damage to your car, you can choose to pocket the money or to fix it if it isn't totaled. You haven't insured the repairs to the car, just the value of the car.
You can then immediately sell it and cancel the insurance, it isn't fraud because the car was both insured and owned by you when the damage occurred.
You will probably sell it for less because of the hail damage but the insurance money should fill the gap
>>
>>15446827
>>15446809
This is good news. I don't mind selong it for less and filling the gap with insurance money. I doubt it will be totalled. But I don't know if it's the miata or just this town is full of poorfags but I've had a few offers to trade or make payments, a lower price might help move things along.
>>
>>15446942
Hail damage almost 100% means the bitch is totalled.
>>
>>15446642
>it's just a pic off Google.
Eat shit
>>
>>15446946
I wouldn't even mind that much. I'd buy it back for cheap and then part that fucker out. A few people have asked to just buy the wheels. They're just pea sized dents but they are kinda everywhere.
>>
File: 20160613_185833.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160613_185833.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>15446950
Fine, you fucking crybabies. Here is a pic of it. I don't have one of the hail damage.
>>
>>15446973
Guaranteed OP is Mexican
>>
>>15446973

OP, you're doing yourself no favors here...
>>
>>15446999
Sorry. I don't usually post from my phone, still haven't figured out how to fix the rotation. I only ever have that problem on 4chan.
>>
>>15447020
Does it work on reddit?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.