[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, long story short, I'm planning to get a car. I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: main.jpg (54 KB, 600x496) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
54 KB, 600x496
So, long story short, I'm planning to get a car. I know there's probably a thread about car recommendation, but hear me on this; I'd like to have a car that I could live in.

To be clear, I'm not a homeless person. It's just that the place where I work is too far from my house right now and I haven't found any studio-type apartment nearby.

I'm not looking for a long-term hobo kinda lifestyle, so a motorhome would be out of question. I'm thinking of living in a car for a few days before going back home on the weekends.

Recommend me a car where I can sleep in comfortably and has sufficient room for...I dunno, laundry, maybe a place to put my laptop (like those little table you'd found at the back of airplane seat). I got around 12, maybe 15k I've saved since last year (prolly more if I asked my parents but I really hate the idea of asking them their retirement money)
>>
File: 1466839591979.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1466839591979.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>>
Volvo V70R
>>
File: 1440378300059.jpg (42 KB, 636x407) Image search: [Google]
1440378300059.jpg
42 KB, 636x407
>>15446230
>>
File: 1440984811459.jpg (40 KB, 495x330) Image search: [Google]
1440984811459.jpg
40 KB, 495x330
>>15446239
>>
Sound like your looking for a minivan or a full-size van. Full-size conversion vans are comfy and not as big or expensive as a motorhome.
>>
>>15446223
I did the same thing OP. I did it in a 2011 Malibu. The back seat fold almost flat and I could lay with my legs in the trunk. Was great not having to drive all the way home after working 12-ish hours and not having to drive all he way to work in rush hour every fucking day. Plus the place I worked at had a shower which was awesome. If you plan on parking more than driving just get whatever is big enough for you. You dont have to spend that much for something to sleep in m8. You can get something like a conversion van for under 7k in decent conditions. Honda elements are awesome, the front and back seats can fold flat which turns the whole interior into a fucking bed. Cheap ass minivan or a small beatup pickup with a camper on it.

Dont blow to much cash on whatever you buy if you dont plan on doing it long term. ( more than a year or two)
>>
>>15446223
cargo van, with windows
>>
Is it your first car, OP? Where do you live?
>>
>>15446223
Dodge grand caravan/Chrysler town & country has a fold down table in the middle row, might be a good choice
>>
>>15446386
>Is it your first car, OP?
Technically, no. My dad gave me his 2007 pontiac G5, but this is the first car I'm gonna buy with my own money

>Where do you live?
Nova Scotia
>>
>>15446223
Ford/Dodge/GMC van, get one with no windows, a work configuration and extended wheelbase, get a sleeping bag, a nice pad for it, and boom. I was totally homeless, and mostly homeless for a year (4mo homeless) and I stuck it out in my Extracab taco (in the cab, didn't have a shell) I wish I had gotten the CHEAPER and better E250, would have been better, could have kept more of my shit instead of fencing it for food and shit.
>/thread
also, no I wasn't a junkie, my family abandoned me and I made the decision to stay in the area, work my contacts. After 10 months, I snagged a decent job, and used my meager savings supplemented with 2 months pay to get an efficiency, and furnish it.
>>
>>15446223
Why not just move?
>>
>>15446458
>Nova Scotia
Sleeping in your car should be safe then.
>>
File: awoo.png (975 KB, 4184x2824) Image search: [Google]
awoo.png
975 KB, 4184x2824
I'll just buy a 1990 RX7 FC Convertible for $1500 as my first car! What's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>15446574
You could leave the doors unlocked, lights on, and have a sign saying PLEASE RAPE ME, SORRY.
and be safe.
>>
>>15446551
-the company is in the downtown and the rent is ridiculous (not including utilities)
-no studio/ bachelor apartment available, and I'm not really willing to share an apartment with total stranger
>>
>>15446602
Although I suppose I would if said stranger is a qt3,14 asian
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.