[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this stuff any good? wouldn't it just make a line of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: perm.jpg (81 KB, 338x600) Image search: [Google]
perm.jpg
81 KB, 338x600
Is this stuff any good? wouldn't it just make a line of shit in the coolant reservoir tank?

thinking about using it to repair a crack that keeps BTFO'ing the jb weld I put on it thanks to the pressure
>>
well if it is plastic its going to flex and break because that stuff dries hard.
when in doubt go the pick and pull and get a spare
>>
>>15446089
its a metal part, I crashed mi motocycle
>>
most likely it'll just clog up your cooling system. I've seen quite a few turbos with the water cooling lines blocked by radiator repair stuff
>>
>>15446094
yo bro you did not mention it was aluminum
>>
I used the same stuff from a different brand on my first car, it'd hold for about 2-3 months before i had to do it again. Was a 1988 model though, dunno how it works on more modern cooling systems. Got really good at flushing coolant in the end! It had multiple failing points and shit was generally fucked, so if you have just one small-ish crack i'm sure it'll hold up for a while. Unless your car is nice/new-ish i'd say just try it
>>
>>15446095
>will not clog the coolant system
I mean it says it wont, and this is an established company, worse case scenario I can take them to court right?
>>
>>15446100
does it make a difference?

the JB weld will crack and the coolant will shoot out, so im guessing this shit will stop the micro cracks
>>15446102
>2-3 months
sounds great to me,
>>
>>15446081
I would suggest just replacing the radiator. This stuff will work but only on small holes and it's generally temporary. They are usually cheap if you go with a stock replacement. Recently did mine because it blew up on me. All said and done it cost $160usd and took 3 hours.
>>
>>15446118
yeah im going to replace the part but im in between jobs and id rather not ask my parents for the money. $140 for replacement which isn't bad I just need a 1-2 months
>>
>>15446118
Seconding this, besides radiators are fairly universal from shitbox to shitbox so you can mount pretty much anything that physically fits the dimensions of your radiator support and it'll work.

Unless your car has a million sensor and shit ofc
>>
>>15446133
I'd say go for it then. If it's a big leak it might not hold. When you replace it do a complete flush. No point in having it in a new radiator.
>>
>>15446081
>coolant reservoir tank
>pressure
wat
>>
>>15446298
so it activates through pressure?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.