[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Same price as mobile 1 full synthetic high mileage and Valvoline's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Same price as mobile 1 full synthetic high mileage and Valvoline's full synthetic high mileage. I need my truck to last at least another 100,000 miles while I save up money for a new(er) and more powerful truck for work. I've owned this truck since 50,000 miles and used full synthetics since day one.

Is it being made from natural gas better?
Should I go with it or Mobile 1 or Valvoline?

Also engine has just over 200,000 miles on it. Is burning around a quart every 5000 miles (I change the oil and filter every 5000) normal?

There are no leaks and I haven't noticed any blue colored exhaust smoke. I drive this truck hard like it is a race car...that is towing trailers...
>>
If you are burning taht much you might want to go to a heavier dino oil
>>
>>15440590
I might if it gets worse but by the time I need to add oil I'm changing it. I would prefer to keep the better start up protection of a "lighter" synthetic.
>>
>>15440616
The start up protection only really come into play at sub freezing temps. So, if it isnt that cold you are wasting money.
>>
>thinking the kind of oil you use has any effect whatsoever on the longevity of your engine
wow marketing really does work.
>>
>>15440582
i have a newer turbo 4. i used to use mobil 1 full synth but switched to the natgas platinum plus whatever one just to check it out. doesnt seem to make much of a difference if any and it costs the same so why not see if natgas oil actually makes a difference in the long run.
>>
>>15440644
Right now no. The winters where I am get fucking stupid though. I've been on the highway in the winter, driving into the wind, and the engine was literally having problems staying at operating temp. Living here was the first time in my life I saw the coolant temp gauge steadily drop while driving. Not sure what the temp with the wind chill was but the standing temp was in the negatives. I should probably have a block heater and any future vehicles will.

Anyways I'm dead set on staying with a synthetic high mileage since that is what I've been using right along for a while now. Before only Mobile 1 was available to me. Now I have choices. I just want to know /o/'s opinion on which one is better.

Not sure what they really mean but:
Mobile 1 is SL
Valvoline and Pennzoil are both SN

>>15440682
0.5/10

>>15440698
I might do that
>>
>>15440721
>0.5/10
If you honestly believe what oil you use is gonna let your engine "make it another 100k" you're a fucking retarded normie.
>>
>>15440721
>and the engine was literally having problems staying at operating temp

I see a lot of trucks block half of their radiator. Is this a common problem with trucks? And why trucks? Never had this with a car.
>>
>>15440748
>provides no evidence
>resorts to insults when ze/zir's trolling is pointed out

1/10
I bumped you up because I responded again
>>
>>15440767
air flow I think. Pick up trucks and bigger typically have huge amounts of airflow over big radiators. Helps out a lot when towing stupid heavy loads up steep hills in hot weather but is stupid cold areas it can be a problem.
A car usually has less air flow over a smaller radiator. Also car engines typically rev much higher...I feel like that would have an effect but I'm not sure.

I've heard of big rigs having their oil and fuel gel up to the point the engine stalled. Sometimes catastrophically.
>>
>>15440769
People like you ruin this board.
>>
>>15440769
:^) GREat AdVice FamILIA
>>
>>15440793
0.5/10

Back down again because you didn't try anything new. Come on man. If you're gonna troll then at least put some effort into it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.