[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2009 Hybride Ford Escape
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 2009-ford-escape-hybrid.jpg (35 KB, 750x467) Image search: [Google]
2009-ford-escape-hybrid.jpg
35 KB, 750x467
>29 city mpg & 27 highway mpg
>Runs only on electric engine when driving under 40km/h
>Larger cabin than a civic with better fuel efficiency and shorter body length
>4x4 AWD (gud for Canadian winter)

Why shouldn't I spend $6-8k on one of these and ditch my honda shitvic?
>>
>>15435638
>3800lbs
>155hp total
Wew
>>
>>15435654
>implying everyone wants to be a boi racer
>>
>>15435658
Just saying. It will be insanely slow and youll ruin your mpg by trying to floor it everywhere to gain any speed
Why do you want an SUV?
>>
>>15435664
Mainly for the extra trunk space, I do independent landscaping so it'd be good to fit all my equipment in there. Also the fuel efficiency is great since I'm a student.
>>
>>15435673
Then go for it bruh.
Reviews seem to be good
Just dont expect to move quickly
>>
File: ford-escape-hybrid-5.jpg (678 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
ford-escape-hybrid-5.jpg
678 KB, 3000x2000
>>15435683
Hard as shit to find them on kijiji/auto trader. Seems like no one wants to get rid of them :( Also I might pick up a bike next summer should I want something fast.
>>
>>15435638
>better than civic mpg
Nigga what?

>2015 Civic
>31 City
>41 Highway
>>
>>15435704
Nigga why would you compare a 2015 vehicle against a 2009? Obviously fuel efficiency improves with newer tech but no way I can afford a 2015 car if I'm looking at a used 2008
>>
>>15435721
>26 City
>34 Highway

And knowing Honda those are probably underestimates. I assumed it was a new one because I don't really give a fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>15435638
I don't have the hybrid, but it does have sumn good MPGees for a car that size. It's gutless, but nobody is tryin to hoon the Escape anyway. You will love driving an SUV (CUV) after driving a Civic, sitting up higher and not having to climb out of little cars is so nice. I hate driving small cars unless it's specifically for fun on the weekend or something.

Just check real well for rust around the rear wheel arches and the bottom of the liftgate.
>>
>>15435754
My family has 3 Explorers (2004, 2009 base and my mom has the 2008 eddie bauer) I love driving those trucks instead of civic. My brother has a 2012 charger and even that feels miles better than the civic. I'm not so sure if it's a matter of height or if the civic just has a cramped up and stiff interior.

I saw the issue with the tailgate rust, luckily that seems to be one of the only real issues with the escape. Is it easy to fix? Also do you know of any problems with the hybrid engine? Nice photo btw
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.