[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /o/ I am having trouble. A tweaker ripped this grille off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: jsdklfjdsjfjdsajhd.png (100 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
jsdklfjdsjfjdsajhd.png
100 KB, 400x200
Hello /o/ I am having trouble. A tweaker ripped this grille off my car in the night and I want to replace it. The problem is I'm too stupid to know how to find it. So I have three questions:

>1. What is this part called?
>2. Where can I find a seller?
>>2a. Where can I buy one cheaply?
>>
File: Chrysanthemum.jpg (859 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Chrysanthemum.jpg
859 KB, 1024x768
bumping with sweet rare wallpapers
>>
Dealership. Can talk to the Parts Department, maybe send them a photo.
>>
File: Jellyfish.jpg (758 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Jellyfish.jpg
758 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>15433840

Well. Below the bumper is technically the lower front valance, that's either an air dam or a grille. So try front valance air dam/front valance air grille for your car. Or look at the other side for a part number, phone the dealership and say "this part, but for the other side pls" (assuming they're handed).

Or go to a scrapyard/breakers yard, find your model and take one off where you can see what you're after. I get a lot of trim parts this way, like the bit that holds the rear speaker cable onto my parcel shelf, or the screw cover for the front door arm rest. Easy and cheap.
>>
>>15433864
Yeah, already tried that. The only thing they will tell me is that it needs a licensed GM technician to evaluate the exact part needed and then started quoting consultation rates... I think I'm on my own this time.
>>
>>15433884
So let them do it. Get a quote with parts (and part number).

Then you have all the info you need to either shop a garage if the tweaker did any damage you can't manage, or to find someplace to buy it yourself.
>>
pick and pull bro
>>
Alright thanks for the help anons, I called a dealership a couple towns over and weaseled the OEM part number and GM partslink(?) out of them. Those are 22722226 and GM1039104 respectively if anyone wants them. I can go with either an online part store or a junkyard from here. Thanks for the help lads.
>>
>>15433884
Sounds like a parts desk jockey that is too lazy or trying to raid your wallet.
Go to a GM dealer (My local saturn dealer converted to a caddy dealer) and go to the parts department. Their computers have a system to pull up the diagrams of all the cars they can get parts for. Have them pull up one for the front bumper and just look for it on the diagram. It will give you a part number.
I do it all the times with my cars. Currently have a saturn sky and thats how i get my hard-to-find parts.
>>
>>15433925
34 bucks on amazon bb

good luck
>>
>>15433884
>The only thing they will tell me is that it needs a licensed GM technician to evaluate the exact part needed

It does not. They have full pictures of all assemblies and can tell you the part name and part number for it.

My dealership (not a stealership) sells parts all the time to do-it-yourselfers, so they come in, buy parts, and install it themselves. I was in my dealer's parts department and no problem, he flips the monitor around and tells me to point to the part I needed.

The parts tech then verified that I had all the related parts that I needed to successfully install that part properly. For example, you can buy a part that needs a gasket, but a rotten parts tech won't tell you that. So you either install with the old gasket, or realize what is wrong and come back for it. The good parts tech makes sure up front before you leave that you have what you need. He actually helps you to be successful. That is my dealership's parts department. It is not a stealership even if the cost is high since they don't use FUD tactics to push unneded repairs.

A stealership will force you to purchase a formal examination of the car so that they can record all the ways to disqualify parts of your warranty for negligence if you don't choose to fix it right there and then with them. Do not sign any admissions where you say you choose to not repair it. Just pay the fee. Not all parts of the contracts are required to be signed or initialed by you says my state attorney general in a past suit. The suit was due to dealers inserting all sorts of unfair items into contracts because they know people will simply cruise thru and initial everything just to get to the final line to sign to get out of there.

You only need to sign the final line acknowledging you pay and get your car back. Stealerships suck. But there are plenty of dealerships out there still that don't use stealership tactics and bonuses to encourage employees to act like stealers.
>>
try partsgeek
http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2009/saturn/aura/body_mechanical_-ar-_trim/bumper_cover_grille.html
>>
>>15433840
How many other Saturns are in your neighborhood? Or do you park in the wide open for everyone to see your saturn. So that everyone in a 4 block radius knows where your saturn "Parts Supply Warehouse" is located?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.