[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: cars.png (1 MB, 1742x435) Image search: [Google]
cars.png
1 MB, 1742x435
Looking to buy a new car in the next several months to a year.

I am in law enforcement so kind of want my personal car to reflect that. I strongly prefer American cars.

With the Charger I would probably go with a R/T since the other ones are out of my price range.

With the Mustang a GT, although I am ashamed to admit the turbo 4 banger has my eye too.

Thoughts?
>>
>>15432761
how would a GT reflect that you are in law enforcement?
>>
>>15432815
Good question. It's slick and it's black I guess.
>>
>>15432761
Get a Crown Vic and shut up
>>
>>15432761
Go with the charger
And keep shooting dem damn niggers my good man
>>
>>15432761
I've driven the Charger R/T before and Mustang GT (haven't driven the Ecoboost). The GT absolutely WRECKS the R/T in both straight line performance and handling. I would imagine the Ecoboost still being a little faster than an R/T.

What it actually comes down to is: do you want a comfy sedan that has decent straight-line speed, or do you want a coupe that can handle decently?
>>
>>15432761
Can't you afford a Scat Pack Charger instead?
>>
>>15432864
The price point for the RT is much more attractive than the Scat Pack, but I've considered it
>>
The charger is going to be more of a mix between performance and comfort. The mustang much more oriented towards performance.

I have driven both and can say the mustang drives better and is faster. The charger rides better, is less loud on the free way (basically less road noise), and has a nicer interior. The 5.7 L hemi still throws you back in your seat a bit too
>>
You can get a 2016 1SS Camaro for 30k right now, new.

That's my advice.
>>
>>15432868
R/T: 34K for a 370hp 5.7L
Scat Pack: 40K for a 485hp 6.4L

The Scat Pack is, in fact, the most attractive pricepoint in the entire Dodge lineup.
>>
>>15432761
I was really tempted to get a used 2015 ecoboost as well. I love turbo's and hearing that sweet spool up and blow off valve. In the end though, I test drove a fully loaded 2014 GT for about the same price and bought it instead. The roar of the 5.0 and the way it sets you back in the seat is just fantastic. I plan to pay it off in about 2 years total, then keep putting that 'payment' money in my savings to go toward a turbo and get the best of both worlds.

Also question, if you're in law enforcement as in you pull people over and right tickets, what would you do if you clocked a Mustang doing about 145 mph on an empty stretch of highway at 3 in the morning?
>>
>>15432877
A really prolific YouTube personality has pretty well documented the issues that are common to the Boostang. It's probably not worth the trouble bit if you're really into it try to get info a MY17 since there's supposed to be improvements
>>
>>15432761
>I am in law enforcement so kind of want my personal car to reflect that.
Sleep with your badge on?

Get a v8 Mustang while you are young or classic muscle and a Mazda 3.
>>
>>15432893
I meant that I want to save up to put a turbo on my GT, not to buy the boosted I4 mustang as well. The real question is.. single or twin turbos. If you're already spending $7k for a single, you might as well spend another $1,500. Prepare for trouble.. and make it double.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.