[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /o/. Just got my permit (18 by the way and just outta school)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 236x140) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 236x140
Sup /o/. Just got my permit (18 by the way and just outta school) and drove for the first time three days ago and been driving in my empty high school parking lot with my dad as a teach only since. I can up to this point maneuver around the entire school and around my neighborhood well enough even with another car coming by. But earlier yesterday my mom decided to teach me and wanted me to drive from the school to my house which is a fucking 8 mile drive without ever going on the main road before and still having trouble knowing when to switch between the gas and brakes. I was fine turning and all but wasn't used to going 40 on such a damn curved and hilly road. Am I just a puss or this normal and it's simply too early for me to try? I did get nervous I'll admit. Share your personal experiences and how long it took for you to be on the road. Any pointers is a plus.
>>
>>15431374
Do you post here often?
>>
>>15431374
got my permit 3 weeks before drivers ed started. learned in parking lot or a day or two, then small roads. end of the week i was on a highway.
>>
>>15431407
First post ever.
>>
File: 1465361338971.gif (278 KB, 616x398) Image search: [Google]
1465361338971.gif
278 KB, 616x398
>>15431374
>still having trouble knowing when to switch between the gas and brakes
Seriously faggot? It's not that hard. One makes you stop. One makes you go. Pick the pedal for the one you want to do.
>>
>>15431483
But when I'm on a fuckin hill going down I shouldn't in fact I should be on the break above all else to maintain speed if I go a tad to fast due to momentum. I know why I should use each and when I shouldn't but it's hard to get it pact down in my head when on the wheel. When I start to drive I hold my foot down is the problem and I end up gradually going faster and faster than what I want. Have you ever fuckin driven faggot? It's not like fucking Mario Kart it's real life you actually need to think about when and how much you need to break or drive. At least I know this shit.
>>
>>15431526
if you go to slow, use gas. if you go to fast, ease up on it. if you go really really fast, use brake. if you need to stop, use brake. if you need this explained to you, use a noose
>>
File: 1465927549715.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1465927549715.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>15431526
>when I'm on a fuckin hill going down I shouldn't in fact I should be on the break above all else
And that's how you burn through your break pads like every other shitter behind the wheel. You break, slow down, pick up speed. Rinse and repeat.
>When I start to drive I hold my foot down is the problem and I end up gradually going faster and faster
Babby learned how the accelerator works. Good job, kiddo.
>Have you ever fuckin driven faggot?
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>15431526
Bro funfact you can go 8 over the speedlimit and 99 percent of the time no cop will pull you over. Unless its a school zone or shit but u can go 5 over the speedlimit legally so if u think ur going too fast just take ur foot off the brake and remember. Youre in control of the car you have the steering wheel and the gas, youre learning in an automatic so this is basically mario kart but without any drifting. Just remember you have full control over the car. Make your goal not to brake unless youre turning/stopping
>>
>>15431562
There's a difference between RESTING my foot on the break and PUSHING on it. In all honesty I should have clarified.
>>
>>15431595
Unless you need to brake, don't take your foot off the accelerator. Get up to speed, and find the sweet spot in the depression that keeps you at that speed. Too many people get up to speed and stop applying pressure to the accelerator until they fall below speed and have to push it in again. It wastes gas and demonstrates a lack of control of your vehicle.
>>
>>15431526
I am now 100% sure this is bait.
Nice try
>>
>>15431483
Don't be a dick
>>
>>15431618
>Don't be a dick
Welcome to 4chan, newfriend. :^)
>>
>>15431374
yo OP, I just had my first driving lesson today, and yeah what you're feeling is pretty consistent with me. People seem to vastly understand how important it is to get a feel for the car after driving for so long, so they end up just glossing over that part. I would share my story from today, but it's like three fucking salty paragraphs for just that conclusion.
>>
Im on my third lesson and its really hard, this gets easier right?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.