[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Couldn't find that much bad about this car, think it would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: car.png (513 KB, 906x798) Image search: [Google]
car.png
513 KB, 906x798
Couldn't find that much bad about this car, think it would be a good buy?
>>
it's okay but why not get a newish camry, corolla, or civic for that price?
>>
>>15427697
An SX4 could literally drive over a Camry while pulling the Civic out of a ditch.
They also look awesome, like little rally cars, and are drop-dead reliable (just avoid the CVT models, or playing with the manual mode)
>>
>>15427687
>Suzuki Car

No.
>>
>>15427705
um what? why are we talking about performance when discussing reliable economy cars? comparatively they have the same engine choices as a camry but with less power
>>
>>15427705
Wtf are you on? This isnt a subaru and its a FAR CRY from a "rally car". Hardly any of the models are AWD and the car in OP's picture is a Front wheel drive SEDAN with a CVT.

Theres a reason these are dirt cheap now.... shitty slow cheap econobox from a company that pulled out of the American market...

My friend had an 09 AWD hatchback, she got rid of it for a 2013 Elantra because the A/C went out and the GPS broke and was told by the dealer the trans was slipping plus the drivers side mirror broke after being frozen on a cold night.

These are basically the definition of "throw away cars".
>>
>>15427722
No, I mean, the SX4 could mount the Camry's hood and physically drive over it, -- it's the only econobox mentioned in this thread with 4-wheel-drive and like many Suzukis before it, a highly capable vehicle.

The SX4 makes more torque than the Corrola and Civic. Torque is more important than horsepower in a small economy car. It's not just performance, the driving dynamics of the SX4 are superior to the more popular econoboxes.
>>
>>15427751
>The SX4 makes more torque than the Corrola and Civic.

Dude its ~140 ft lbs. 10 ft lbs here or there doesnt fucking matter. This will more or less have the same power as any shitty i4 N/A econobox.

AGAIN, only a few models were AWD (NOT OPs) and the system wasnt even that good. The fucking trans was 4 speed and they were PIGFAT and SLOW + bad MPG because muh extra weight an AWD system.

I come from actual experience on this, my friend was constantly bitching about the car... she had it for 4 years.
>>
>>15427751
op's model is not awd, dickhead
>>
>>15427749
I owned an SX4 Sportback, 2012 model. Most SX4 are AWD EXCEPT the sedan and Sportback models, the latter look even more like rally cars and are much lighter with better handling.

Your friend sounds like an idiot. First of all, the GPS unit is a fucking Garmin that plugs into a dock on the dash and is easily replaced, and I bet the car was thrashed leading to gearbox and ac problems. Use the manual mode on the CVT too much and it wears grooves into the pulleys where the "gears" are.

You can't fault Suzuki for this, the CVT's a fucking Nissan transmission. With the 5 or 6-speed MT they are much more fun to drive and way faster off the line.
>>
First of all, any 2011 car with 100K + miles is suspect.

Second of all, its a shitty car. I would not get that car with those miles.
>>
>>15427784
Yes I know the GPS was some autistic removable unit, it randomly broke and the dealer tried to charge her $300 + to fix it.

I dont have time to debate you on anything else but the CAR WAS NEVER ABUSED. Only had 22K miles on it.

It was trash plan and simple and I would buy a honda every god damn day over this.
>>
>>15427784
>Most SX4 are AWD EXCEPT the sedan and Sportback models
that isn't most of SX4s then. the majority were sedans and sportbacks.
>benchracing suzuki economy cars against camrys
this has to be a new low for /o/
>>
>>15427763
Pre 2011 SX4s had a 5-speed
After 2011 they had a 6-speed

Proof you know nothing about the vehicle or it's mechanicals.

>>15427772
then he should look for one of those instead because the AWD hatches are more common and better

I'm only making the point that the SX4 in general is not a bad car, but there's some memelord ITT who's never owned one talking shit.
>>
>>15427806
Autistic idiot check edmunds. Fuck you it's a 4 speed auto. Proof you're an idiot.
>>
http://www.kbb.com/suzuki/sx4/2009/sedan-4d/

Proof of 4 speed. Idiot and you claimed to have owned one ....
>>
>>15427687
Found one for sale in my area
2007 that needs a head gasket for $800
>>
>>15427882
>>15427904
when people say "#-speed" they are referring to a manual transmission.

I don't know what kind of moron would buy an SX4 with a planetary automatic and then say "I have a 4-speed", no, you have an automatic, how many gears it has doesn't even register in your reptilian brain.

also
>4 speed auto
>awd
>bad mpg

i'm honestly amazed your friend didn't put that equation together before purchasing it but hey, we're not all winners. My SX4 wasn't a good one either, but there's no doubt they are generally well-designed little cars and depending on the equipment can be reliable and fun.
>>
>>15427687
My family has owned a Suzuki Grand Vitara for 10 years now, 120k miles so far and we haven't had a single problem with it, Suzuki is very reliable.

The only thing you should be wary of it is that IF something does break by any chance, OEM replacement parts are going to be ridiculously expensive since Suzuki was discontinued in the US.

In that regard, I think you'd have more peace of mind buying a Toyota, Honda, or (non-Ford) Mazda, but getting this car isn't a bad idea. It'll treat you very well if you take care of it.
>>
>>15427687
Slow yet terrible mileage.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.