[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After looking for used cars for awhile I've narrowed it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 299x168
After looking for used cars for awhile I've narrowed it down to 2.
A 2004 Forester, 130k miles. Private seller. Good mechanic informed me everything is tip top. 4.5k not including tax and title
A 2007 CRV, 105k miles. Haven't had mechanic check. 9k asking at dealership, including tax

Any advice?
>>
>>15423909
Shut up and buy a civic for 3k
>>
>>15423909
One is double the price of the other.
What are you looking for in the vehicle?
>>
>>15423951
I just know CRVs are supposedly more reliable, and thinking maybe I'll end up spending money fixing an 04 that I won't have to worry about with a newer CRV
ie maybe I'm just an idiot
>>
>>15423941

wow who knew a bigger car could be more expensive
>>
>>15423909

Forester if you wanna offroad a bit, CRV for urban driving.
>>
>>15423909

Forester, especially if it's non turbo, and tiptop like the mechanic says. It'll last a long time.
>>
>>15424000
I hadn't even looked it up on KBB for whatever reason, and now I see it's apparently 3k for a X Sport Utility Forester with 133k miles. Am I doing something wrong? I thought 4.5 was a deal...
>>
>>15423981
>ie maybe I'm just an idiot
that one. Get the Subaru
>>
>>15424469

>trusting KBB values

nice meme
>>
>>15424550
I wish it was a meme, I'm just stupid
>>
>>15424469
no one uses KBB except morons. Use the NADA guides. They're more consistent.
>>
More added confusion for me... I made this post while in my mechanics shop waiting, and he told me everything was good. He finally had time to walk the car with me and explained something 'weird'

There was 0 coolant in the car when it drove up, and no 'coolant pressure(?)'. He filled it back up, and ran it for the last hour with a pressure gauge and saw 0 drop in pressure. He also did some type of carbon test, involving blue water in a pump thing, and made sure no smoke comes out of the tailpipe from a cold start. After all of these tests he said nothing was wrong, and he was just very very confused as to how it was empty. Overall he said it was a good car, and in great condition... but the empty coolant tank with no explanation confused/concerned him

Then I read foresters can have headgasket issues and as long as JUST coolant is leaking (no oil) there is some 'Subaru Coolant Conditioning' shit that they recommend, which could explain/resolve this.

is this just something I should avoid? or use it as a bargaining point, get it for 4k if I can, and use the conditioner
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.