[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sent tag to different state to where my parents live. DMV wants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: aoa-heart-attack-1.jpg (280 KB, 1313x1800) Image search: [Google]
aoa-heart-attack-1.jpg
280 KB, 1313x1800
Sent tag to different state to where my parents live. DMV wants both my parents and I to sign for the tag. Don't know what to do. Help please

pic unrelated
>>
>>15421125

anytime the DMV ask I to do something, me usually just do it.
>>
>>15421125
Have your parents sign your name retard. They're paying for babby's registration anyway.
>>
>>15421138
They can sign my name on it? They said that I have to be there or something. I have like 3 more days before my temp tag runs out
>>
>>15421142
Samefagging here. Also, I co-signed, if it makes a difference.
>>
>>15421146
Unless the title is in more than one person's name, it's not necessary. A cosigner only accepts responsibility for the loan, they're not usually on the title as well. Why didn't you just mail it in? Your best bet now is to get an extension on the temp tag from the dealer.
>>
>>15421151
Ok. We're going somewhere here. What do I mail in because there's two names on the title, and can I get a temp tag from a different dealership or DMV?
>>
>>15421155

Great thread.

About an hour from now, OP will be asking how to apply postage.
>>
>>15421155
Wait, if it's a new car the tag should be mailed to you without even needing to go to the DMV. I'm not sure what the problem is, if your parents share joint ownership of the car, then they should be able to get the tag without you being there. A new temp tag would probably have to come from the same dealership.

>>15421166
Better than nocar benchracers shitposting about fwd or some ford shit they'll never even see, much less own.
>>
>>15421179
It's a used car, if it matters. They called me and told me that I had to be there to sign for it or some stupid shit, I forget.
>>
>>15421200
You're not too bright are you?
>>
>>15421205
Obviously. I'm asking help on 4chan. So, What do I do from here, pal?
>>
>>15421142
Give your parents power of attorney over you. I'm stationed up north and had to do it to register my car down south (fuck emissions).
>>
>>15421205
You're so smart you told him exactly what to do, right? Fuck off.

>>15421209
All of the paperwork should have been signed at the dealership. If they submitted the title transfer and registration properly, then I would assume you get it automatically. I got my permanent tag in the mail about a week after buying my car. I would look up the DMV regulations for your state to see what the requirements for a newly-purchased car are. The only thing I can think of is they submitted the title info as your name and your parent's name. At this point your best bet is to call your local DMV and see what exactly it is you need to sign and what your options are since they appear to be different in your state.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.