[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nico under investigation because his pit crew told him he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: happy-nico-rosberg-story-top.jpg (66 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
happy-nico-rosberg-story-top.jpg
66 KB, 640x360
>Nico under investigation because his pit crew told him he had a sticky 7th gear
>It's apparently against the rules for the pit crew to inform the driver of the status of his car unless it's a safety matter

Literally why the fuck is this a rule?

The pitcrew are the ones with all the telemetric sensors, not the driver. How the fuck is the driver supposed to know the status of his car?
>>
Water is wet, deserts are dry, FIA is fuck....laws of nature.
>>
Teams were using engineering codes to give the drivers secret instructions.

It's still a stupid rule.
>>
>>15415868

It's because last year the engineers were on the radio non-stop giving so many instructions that some of the drivers felt like they couldn't drive "Their way" anymore... So, the FIA goes full retard as usual and says "OK fuck it ALL RADIO COMMUNICATION IS NOW BANNED!"
>>
How is informing your driver of your vehicle's mechanical condition not a safety matter?
>>
F1 races are directed like an Apollo mission, others news at 11. It's not even a sport anymore and FIA is doing its best to keep it that way.
>>
>>15416158
Literary this.
Only motorsports that aren't boring to watch for me now are rally, MotoGP and maybe truck trial
>>
>>15415868
>caring about F1

Literally why.
It's been a boring shitfest for the last 6 years at least.
>>
>>15416277
This. Just let the rich faggots continue sinking their money into goin' real fast and stroking the FIA's schlong. You won't miss anything but soap-tier drama if you don't watch it.
>>
Fernando is faster than you, Can you confirm you understood that message?
>>
>>15416152
That's the argument they will have to make.

By informing him of the sticky gear they certainly kept him in the race instead of blowing his gearbox.

So the argument is whether or not you consider that "fair" to the other drivers.
>>
>>15415868
>How the fuck is the driver supposed to know the status of his car?
theyre not supposed to dummy.
>>
>>15417407
>By informing him of the sticky gear they certainly kept him in the race instead of blowing his gearbox.
If by blowing his gearbox, you mean possibly creating a situation where an accident could occur and/or coating the track with transmission oil, I can't see how that possibly isn't a safety issue.
>>
I think it might be something in the way they said it that is being investigated.

Pit crew "Use engine mode zero one"
Pit crew "7th gear wont engage"
Nico: "Do I need to miss it"
Pit Crew: "You need to shift through"

Update: FIA have ruled that it was illegal and have given him a 10 second penalty pushing him down to third.
>>
>>15417467
>"You need to shift through"

They have more than 7 gears these days? Since when?
>>
>>15417479
They have 8 gears now
>>
>>15417426
I mean the threw out a virtual saftey car, which is gay as fuck and pointless by the way, when whats his name lost it and was like at the end of the marbles in a place that was didnt look very easy to get another car into like a few laps after they actually decided that the 'world's top drivers' should actually be allowed to race soooo
>>
>>15415868
>How the fuck is the driver supposed to know the status of his car?
He is in the car, driving the car.
>>
I think the rule is in place so the pit crew can't slow down the driver by telling him to "watch his tires" or something and potentially block another driver to get more team points or some other bullshit
>>
>>15417397
MULTI 21
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.