[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sub 3k cars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1467822963756.jpg (39 KB, 429x186) Image search: [Google]
1467822963756.jpg
39 KB, 429x186
Hello, /o/, I normally lurk, but comment occasionally. I am currently saving about 3k for a first car, and had a few picked out that I wanted second opinions on.

1. Lexus sc300/400 I like the looks and potential of these cars but the gas mileage and age concern me.

2. Jeep XJ, I like the Jeep, and would off road if I had one, but age, mileage and reliability concern me.

3. Mazda NA miata I like the looks, I want a sporty car, but are they too small for a 5'10 165lbs dude?

So /o/ what should I buy?Recommendations encouraged
>>
>>15410380
The Miata isnt a fucking kei car but you're sacrificing all practicality which I dont care what the fuck /o/ tell you , you're going to feel that hit especially on a first car especially if you're young.

The SC300/400 "potential" is a meme, its a luxobarge and drives like one too, its just a JDM tyte one
>MUH SUPRA DUDE
No.
>>
>>15410380
instead of the lexus pick up an old cressida, same luxury feel but rwd. if you feel like upgrading do a 2j swap
>>
>>15410424
>but RWD
Anon what
>comparing cressida to sc300/400
>cressida is better
>JUST ENGINE SWAP IT MAN
Anon what the fuck
>>
>>15410380
shut up and buy a civic.
>>
The Sc300 and sc400 are good as shit. Friend has an sc400 with 170,000 miles and it's clean as can be. He got it for $2,200
>>
>too small for a 5'10 165lbs dude?
>5'10
it may be too large
>>
>>15410498
Do you know what kind of mileage he gets? It's not a deal breaker but I'd like to know what I'm getting into. Also, does anyone know if any of those cars require premium gas?
>>
How about you not try to do what everyone tries to do by getting a fast first car and instead make a responsible decision as hard as that may be
>>
>>15410463
Civics are the vanilla ice cream of automobiles. It's good but boring and everyone has had one.
>>
>>15410521
I used a funny thing called google, and I learned in under 30 seconds that the SC takes premium.The Miata takes regular. If you set it up to offroad, the XJ will suck so much down that if you're worried about mileage get the other two.
>>
>>15410560
>fast
>any of the things on his list
wew lad
>>
>>15410564
>civic
>boring
>>
>>15410505
4u
>>
>>15410415

22 year old that daily drives an NA here. There's plenty of room on the shelf behind the seats as well as in the trunk if you remove the spare.

As long as you're not hulling a shitload of furniture or people, you're fine.
>>
>>15410632
And what about the 18 year old who has to make cross country trips with everything he owns?
>>
>>15410564
At 3k you can't afford to be a special snowflake. Em2's are great. Aux jack capable with the oem radio, good visibility, lightweight, no abs or traction control depending on your trim level, easy to work on, reliable.
>>
>>15410638
sounds like he made shitty decisions and should kill himself.
>>
>>15410638

Sell everything you don't need or that doesn't fit.

Honestly I plan on moving across the country with it and packing everything I can with me. Everything else can be sent through something like UPack or something.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.