[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>car sales among millennials are lower than that of previous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: 32484720174_large.jpg (47 KB, 525x394) Image search: [Google]
32484720174_large.jpg
47 KB, 525x394
>car sales among millennials are lower than that of previous generations
>millennials are rejecting the idea of the automobile
>car makers decide to pack cars full of useless eye candy bullshit to attract millennials
>it isnt working
>millennials dont want cars
>no one else wants all that useless shit that just jacks the price up
>car makers are designing and making cars for people that hate cars

wat do?
>>
>>15410033
>millenials can't afford cars
ftfy
>>
>>15410033
>not knowing you're a millenial too
>>
>>15410045
I fought the kaiser in WW1 fagit.
>>
>more young people are still living with their parents than ever before
>clearly millenials don't want to move out!
What retarded logic. If young people could afford it they'd do it.
>>
>>15410033
do these car sales include used cars? seems to me like most of my friends aren't stupid enough to lose several thousand dollars just driving a car off the dealership lot. also new cars in general are shit.
>hurrdurr we put wifi in da cars!
the budgeting has gone from mechanical engineers to computer engineers and software engineers. Which would normally be fine but cars are moving things, and the primary point of an automobile is to be a mechanical device to take you from a to b. many manufactures are ignoring the mechanical aspect of it because there is this stupid assumption that you cannot improve the mechanical aspects of a car, so smaller more niche companies like koenegsegg are the ones who end up actually developing something interesting like freevalve, while the major manufacturers just "stick with what they know" and dump their budgets into useless shit nobody wants.

>tldr the primary focus of automobile development has gotten completly fucked because of idiots graduating university, getting a job at a car company, but not having any idea what the actual real world is like because their noses were shoved so far up their books their whole life.
>>
In the UK at least, I think a big part of the problem is extortionate insurance premiums for young drivers.

Even people who take out policies with a black box are still getting charged a fortune.

I am 24 so luckily got in (17) just before it really got silly, I paid £1200 to insure a £1500 1.6 Vauxhall Astra which seemed like madness at the time. A couple of my mates have younger siblings who can't get insured on anything for less than £2500 at 17.

Plus in most big cities (well, in Scotland at least) the public transport isn't too bad so I guess a lot of people just get used to it and never bother buying a car.
>>
hating on new cars makes me cool on /o/!!!
>>
>>15410122
This, my first car was a £700 Hyundai S Coupe, which cost me £960 to insure (at 18, 2012)

Now I'm driving a shitbox MG ZS insured for £700/year despite 3 years no claims, no points and living in the same place I was with the Hyundai. I have the money sitting to buy a Supra (One at a stealership for £2000 near me, Mk3 NA manual, but it's a Supra) but the insurance would be £2500+

Also, Scotland in general is awful. The roads are never maintained beyond patch repairs, the public transport is slow, filthy and expensive and there's speed cameras every 20 feet to make the roads "safer" (really just trying to stop the 60 year old roads crumbling into the sea)
>>
Cause shit is expensive. A fully loaded suburban is 100k!
>>
>>15410033
>millenials are in debt and can't afford cars because they were brainwashed in primary school to think if they got a degree in anything they'd be guaranteed a job
>millenials can't afford cars because they're paying off student loans on liberal arts degrees while working minimum wage jobs
>HUR DUR DUNT WANT KAR
>HUR DUR REJEKTING CAR AS CONSEPT
>>
Well look at how they market to the younger generation. SO RANDUMB xDDD advertising that even normies think is retarded. The only thing that worked is how Kia got sorority girls to want Souls. Younger girls want creature comforts in a car at an affordable price, younger guys want performance at a affordable price. Instead, we get Scions who are marketed as "sport" cars with the performance of a Camry.

And don't get started on how high fucking insurance is for cars. I was looking at a new iM for after graduation and the insurance would be over 200 dollars a month for full coverage. Combined that with a car payment and its easy to see why the younger people drive 10+ year old cars.
>>
>>15410040
this
>>
Are there any older people here who can tell us a bit more about insurance rates when they were young (18 - 25 years)?
>>
>>15410040
Well maybe if they got off their lazy asses and worked for once in their lives, they'd be able to afford one.
>>
>>15410241
I genuinely do not appreciate your baiting. Refrain from doing so next time.
>>
File: mfw busey.jpg (21 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
mfw busey.jpg
21 KB, 400x300
>>15410241
>le millenials are all NEETs meme
Low quality bait bruh
>>
>>15410241
>look for full time work over the summer while I'm off college
>zero hours contracts
>6 hours a week
>only on weekends and holidays
>bank staff

There are very few entry level jobs that will pay the bills, let alone pay for a shitty base model Scion on finance
>>
It's not just millennials who aren't buying cars anymore. Like >>15410160 said, shit is vastly overvalued right now. It's mostly just people who lease / finance stuff who are dangerously over-leveraged on credit.

Wait for the economy to pop. When the subprime auto bubble explodes, you'll be able to pick something for what it's actually worth. Also would be a good time to get into the towing and recovery business.
>>
>>15410253
>Wait for the economy to pop. When the subprime auto bubble explodes, you'll be able to pick something for what it's actually worth. Also would be a good time to get into the towing and recovery business.

Just wait for the economy to crash two more times and you'll be able to get any car you want during the new civil war!
>>
>>15410252
Get a real job. I never went to college and I'm making $85k a year. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to get work.
>>
>>15410261
>I never went to college and I'm making $85k a year.
Ah the old 21 year old making 85k meme
Bull shit, nobody on /o/ is making $85k/year
>>
>>15410261
Well I make $900K a year working 6 hours a week as a cashier at wendys
>>
>>15410261
>>15410275
I make a vagillion dollars recycling empty beer bottles, faggot.
>>
>>15410267
I'm 35
>>
File: 1324553554003.jpg (30 KB, 480x482) Image search: [Google]
1324553554003.jpg
30 KB, 480x482
>>15410280
I make a gorillion dollars shitposting on /o/
>>
>>15410258

>Buy high not low!
>Shoot each other while buying a car!
>>
File: 1452200423765.jpg (65 KB, 411x412) Image search: [Google]
1452200423765.jpg
65 KB, 411x412
>post-war America decides to declare the automobile the solution to all problems
>automobile doesn't solve all problems, probably creates more than it solves
>old Americans cling onto their dream of the automotive messiah
>complain when young people aren't as deluded as them
I mean come on, I like cars too, but do they have to be forced onto everyone?
>>
>>15410298
Personal transport is just so much better than public transport

I can leave when I want, go where I want, whenever I want and I'm only constrained by having to be within 300 miles of a gas station at all times, which isn't exactly hard
>>
>>15410298
>forced onto everyone?
How stupid are you? If you hate cars, go live in the big shitty, living like an animal in a cage, stacked on top of other animals, and take public transport.
>>
>>15410298
I's really like a NORMIES GET OUT solution to shitty modern vehicles but if very few people bought them, then there wouldn't be the massive infrastructure (fuel stations, open roads, parts stores) we have for vehicles today.
>>
>>15410308
Good for you, but there are environments where the drawbacks exceed the usefulness. Or are you implying that everyone should also move out of the city into the burbs just so they can have a reason to drive around in a car?
>>
>>15410096

i love you senpai
>>
>>15410308
Look. Cars are great. I just wish they weren't forced onto everyone and you didn't HAVE to own a car to do anything. I'm all for walkability initiatives. Cars are great but if everyone's forced to used them to get around then it sucks ass.
If you want to know what Millennials are bitching about, there's a show called "Adam Ruins Everything" that did an entire episode on cars. Go watch it. They even provide sources for their arguments that you can check out for yourself.
>>
Older anon here. Its not just millenials. Its across the board. Nobody who actually enjoys driving a car wants the two tons of iCrap that comes with it. I see people across generations buying older analog cars because you can fix them yourself, there is no $10 g computer to breakdown or rat you out and prices on dependable well cared for analogs are a fraction of the price of new stuff. And not just cars. I know guys loading up on pre-digital rigs, turn of the century Peterbilts and Kenworths 650Hp pre-emission pre-iCrap hot rods. Slamming them and selling them for a good buck to guys who want more HP and better fuel economy.

I like progress, but where we are heading with all this iCrap is a culdesac in my opinion.
>>
>Most millenals dont have jobs
>No reason to look for jobs because of their parent's credit card, government welfare, or pale grants to support then for years
>Most wind up in college with a high drop-out rate
>College has become a breeding ground for radical and dangerous PC ideology
>Can't say, think, or consider anything that is considered "racist" without the risk of consequence and lawsuits
>If they complete college, there is no guarantee for a job and they usually wind back up with their parents
>Constant complaining about "big business" and systematic oppression
>Blindly hopping on any sort of blame that can rid them of responsibility
>The ones who do have jobs only seek minimum wage, then complain that it isn't enough
>All of the good-paying jobs throughout the industry are instead acquired by immigrants and illegals because millenals dont even attempt
>The ones who do actually purchase cars end up with a cross-over or something environmentally friendly
>>
>>15410344
The city is awful, it's crowded, crime ridden and expensive.

Not everyone can live out in the country like I do, but if you can, do it

>>15410364
I am a millennial you tit, I just recognize that pubic transport is a way of controlling your movements. Dosen't matter if you get stuck in traffic occasionally, you can go anywhere, whenever. If the bus company decides it's a little too cold or wet to run a bus today, then you're fucked
>>
I just can't justify being 25k in debt when I can spend a fraction of that one a used car.. I don't need 2 car payments a morgage and other bills just to make it back and forth to my jobs
>>
>>15410374
That's anyone's personal decision. Some prefer the social and cultural offerings of the city.
>>
>>15410390
>Some prefer the social and cultural offerings of the city.

Like muggings, burglary and $20 covers to get into shitty nightclubs?
>>
>>15410033
>wat do?

Get a motorcycle
>>
>>15410391
Like museums, concerts, music bars and readily available shared interest groups. I know we're all autists here on 4chan, but please get into your thick head that different people have different priorities.
>>
Expensive as fuck. Parents gifted me their 2011 Hyundai and I'm truly staying with it for an extremely long time. I work and go to school at the same time
>>
>>15410401
>museums, concerts, music bars and readily available shared interest groups.

which can all be visited without paying $1200/m for a shitty apartment
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 719x840) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 719x840
>>15410376
The car as a status symbol has been deleted as a concept among most young people now.

Contrary to a lot of opinion, this is good, I think most people are now smart and informed enough thanks to the Internet to know that they don't need the latest and greatest piece of shit just to show off anymore.
>>
>>15410408
Meanwhile people camp in front of stores to buy the new iPhone.
>>
>>15410408
>deleted
lol
Replaced
Gotta have the newest icrap device, gotta have the biggest flat screen tv, gotta have the new gaming console, gotta have the latest $900 sneakers from some rapper's clothing line
Those are the millenial's status symbols
>>
20 here saved up and bought a clean 2002 Civic Si, wouldn't have gone much more modern even if I had the money to burn.

If they wanted to make money selling cars to young people they'd be rehashing cheap 00s designs with no frills since most of them are just looking for a basic A - B commuter anyways.
>>
File: Scooters_in_Taipei_street.jpg (70 KB, 504x337) Image search: [Google]
Scooters_in_Taipei_street.jpg
70 KB, 504x337
Western world needs to take a hint from SEA countries, fuck cars, just use Motorcycles and scooters.
>>
why do people always suggest taking the bus to get to work if you live in a city? of the interviews I've gotten over the last year out of uni, before I got my car, I've been rejected from most of them because I didn't have my own transportation. it's always a question of being on time during inclement weather, especially because most jobs that are hiring in my area are nowhere near the downtown area, a lot are out so far that you can't even reach them by bus, and if you can, it's 3 buses twice a day to the nearest stop. in the morning and afternoon and if you miss them you're fucked.
>>
>>15410366
>it's a generation's fault for the economy being trash! why don't they find jobs that due to the massive unemployment only give jobs to people who have a college degree related to the subject matter but since there are so few jobs you can't expect to get a job in your field
yeah fuck those retards lol
>>
>>15410426
Yeah sure, except the US is 300 times bigger than Taiwan.
>>
>>15410452
>the economy is bad and unemployment is high
nice meme
>>
>>15410458
>implying it's not
we never recovered and we're maybe two years away from another full on crash
shit'll be pretty great
>>
>>15410469
>we never recovered
we've recovered and surpassed, bro.
>>
>>15410033
Maybe if they stopped backing cars full of shit millennials already have on their phone and boomers can't work, and the genY sandwiched between the two doesn't want and doesn't want to teach old people how to use, they'd sell more.

But that's the american way for you. I can't wait for the USA to descend into civil war, and for Mexico and Canada to build walls to keep them in while they finish killing each other.
>>
>>15410267
Isn't 75k the average? It wouldn't be so hard to believe at least one person on here makes more.
>>
>>15410401
>be innacountry in tennesseeland
>own an acre of land
>can shoot from my back porch
>can own multiple vehicles
>literal three car garage
>all of this for $20,000 back in 2008
>nearest neighbors are 1/4 mile away in both directions
>nearest city(huntsville) is a mere 30 minutes away
>if i want to watch a hockey game I can go to nashville, which is only an hour away
>if I want to do other shit like see a bunch of fish swim around in a tank I can visit chattanooga, which is about 50 minutes away

Never understood why people would want to live in cities. But that's their prerogative.
>>
>>15410474
we sure didn't where i live, friend
>>
>>15410481
Average US income is 50k. Considering that the demographic most strongly represented on 4chan is 18-24 I'd say no, it isn't likely anyone on here makes $85,000
>>
>>15410469
>>15410474
S&P is higher than 2006
Debt is down while income is equal to 2006
Jobs are equal to 2006
Housing and interest rates are lower than they have been in decades

There's literally no better time to be graduating from college or entering a trade than right now since the late 90's, even better in some ways.
>>
>>15410474
No you fucking didn't. You doubled down on the bad credit and the 'college for everywun' meme and failed to fucking fix what was broken.
>>
>>15410160
I legitimately didn't know this. I knew new cars are getting expensive but this is ridiculous. Who the fuck is buying these cars?

>>15410237
I know that muscle cars way back when were underrated in horsepower so that the average kid working some shit minimum (or slightly over) wage job could actually afford to buy and keep one, and doing the same today would be impossible.
>>
>>15410241
t. millennial
>>
>>15410492
There have been confirmed richfags (almost always in the medical field) making an upwards of 75k-100k.
>>
>>15410494
see: >>15410493
economic statistics don't lie.

>You doubled down on the bad credit and the 'college for everywun' meme
cool nonsensical sentence friendo
>>
>>15410502
>confirmed richfags
You mean teenagers taking pictures of their parent's stuff and claiming it's theirs?
>>
>>15410194
>brainwashed in primary school to think if they got a degree in anything they'd be guaranteed a job
Employers won't touch anyone without a degree these days. Not for any job worth its salt anyway.

>>15410241
I work two jobs. I'm out of bed at 6:30 in the morning, at work by 8. I'm there until 4:45PM at which point I go home and spend what little time I can with my partner before leaving again at 7PM to go to my second job. I get home well after midnight most nights. I work 7 days a week.

I don't really know what more there is that I can do, aside from going to university, loading myself up with $90,000 worth of debt and then getting a graduate job which starts out pretty bad and gets somewhat decent after ten years or so worth of working.

But of course, it's easy enough to paint people of my ilk with the same brush as the rest, so yes, I guess I'm lazy.
>>
>>15410565
>Employers won't touch anyone without a degree these days. Not for any job worth its salt anyway.
I didn't claim otherwise. Though skilled trades still exist. Read what I said again.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 637x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 637x640
>>15410261
>doesn't specify his job
>>
>>15410366
>All of the good-paying jobs throughout the industry are instead acquired by immigrants and illegals because millenals dont even attempt

Industry employs illegals and immigrants because they're easily exploited and are willing to work for half of the average citizen. There's no lack of effort on the part of the modern young person.
>>
>>15410507
>economic statistics don't lie.

but you can use wrong methods to create statistics that tell an inaccurate story

so yes, economic statistics do lie

especially about job opportunities

anybody who lost a job during the recession in 07-09 is now just getting shuffled around, and those "NEW" jobs? those aren't new, they're the same jobs that were filled before but got quashed out of the market when everything went to shit in the banking industry and people and businesses suddenly couldn't pay or collect 1500% on loans.

right now has to be THE WORST time to be graduating college or going into the trades because all the old guys who have better connections than some schmuck fresh out of training/education is just going back to buddies/bosses and getting rehired. Nothing is really new, it's just the same shit from nearly 10 years ago revived and with a fresh coat of paint.
>>
>>15410033
>wat do?

embrace autonomous vehicles.
>>
>>15410487
Dry County?

What do you do for work?
>>
>>15410426

Living in commiefornia, a scooter is a death wish and a motorcycle is a death wish at 80mph.
>>
>>15410590
I'm currently building an arcade cabinet to see if there's any demand for them. so basically I buy/make anything I can turn over for a profit.

I'm also getting into metal casting, gotta think up some things people would want that I could make and sell.

I'm able to live comfortably doing this.
>>
I'll just speak for myself, but the reason why I avoid buying a car despite having an interest on them is that actually driving makes makes me anxious almost to the point of a breakdown.

>>15410487
>a mere 30 minutes away
>only an hour away
>about 50 minutes away
This isn't at all acceptable.
>>
File: 307.jpg (37 KB, 788x685) Image search: [Google]
307.jpg
37 KB, 788x685
>>15410122
>>15410148

>Tfw can insure my 1.6 Sierra Sapphire for under £800 once it's road legal with no NCD first time driver

get on my level, bros.
>>
>>15410597
So, it'd solve the overcrowding problem too?

Great idea. Ban cars. Motorcycles only.
>>
File: i drink alone.jpg (9 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
i drink alone.jpg
9 KB, 320x240
>>15410624
Why? do you go to hockey games every night? Visit an aquarium daily? There's plenty of bars around town here, which is like 15 minutes away from me. Though I've never been into the bar scene. There's also a gas station and dollar general for day to day shit within 5 minutes from me.

If you're into nightclubs / bars / whateverthefucks.. well have at it. I'd prefer to live somewhere rural

>no neighbors to annoy / get annoyed by
>no worries about staying up all night with the volume on my stereo at 11 if I want
>no worries about dindus
>>
>>15410366
>implying immigrants and illegals don't get the jobs because they'll work for half the wage
It's simple math, you fucking idiot. Companies LOVE visa workers and illegals (if they can get away with it) because they can take advantage of them. Jobs that Americans used to work are no longer available to said americans because of all of the fucking immigrants.
>>
>>15410624
Sounds like you're a pussy that should kill himself.
>>
>>15410655
Basically, I hate waiting, and I like coming back home as soon as possible. If I have to waste time travelling, I prefer doing it in public transportation so I can at least sleep my way to the destination.
Nevermind the dumb culture and night life crap, what about anything else? A gas station and a dollar general can't supply you everything.
>>
>>15410707
Then I go into town 15 minutes away to go grocery shopping. another 15 minutes in the same direction will bring me to a bigger town with even more stores full of odds and ends.

For other shit there's always the internet.

>I hate waiting
Well, that's your problem. Personally I love driving, especially through somewhere rural with nobody else around. It's peaceful and tranquil.
>>
File: image.jpg (265 KB, 702x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
265 KB, 702x726
>>15410414
Newest iPhone: $500-700
New car: $20,000-100,000
>>
>>15410707
Why are you here if you hate driving so much
>>
>>15410722
Even then it's a full 30 minutes, even more so when walking. And I avoid having to drive.
>>
>>15410726
I know people who have spent literally tens of thousands of dollars on designer clothes

Same shit, different day
>>
>>15410731
I like cars themselves, as long I'm not the one driving.
>>
>>15410747
I used to be like you, hated driving. The fix was to drive more. You get more comfortable with driving and start to hate not controlling the vehicle you're in yourself.

>highway driving
>okay
>around town driving
>intersection
>red light
>heart attack
>>
>>15410364
>there's a show called "Adam Ruins Everything" that did an entire episode on cars
Link?
>>
>>15410033
>>car sales among millennials are lower than that of previous generations

The widening gap between wealthy and non-wealthy is what causes lower new and used car sales to millenials. The cost of insurance has to be factored in too.

It doesn't help that more and more lower-middle-class boomers aren't passing their wealth down to the children because the expenses of old age and uncovered or partially-reimbursed medical costs are higher than ever. Thus lots more boomers are using reverse mortgages on their homes. When the boomers and former yuppies die off, the millenials will find out their inheritance is actually small or none because there is no house to inherit - the banks or rich people via property LLC own the house due to the reverse mortgage lien. The kids find out they don't have enough money to "buy out" the lien and the house is lost for the cost of the lien. Truly a win-win for the bank or the rich people's property-buying LLC.
>>
Cities are designed around cars and that's stupid. Why can't we have an interesting neighborhood where some parts aren't designed around automobiles. Like France or Italy back in the day with narrow streets more for pedestrians.

Instead we get shit designed around cars. Fuck cars. I'm a millennial and I want character around me not shit cheap pavement for cars.
>>
File: 1459901076033.gif (958 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1459901076033.gif
958 KB, 400x225
>>15410033
>>millennials dont want cars

They do, they want Tesla transportation appliances. Most are too far in debt from getting their womans studies degree to afford a car.
>>
>>15410033
>niggers steal bumper and wheels worth at most $1500
>leave brembos that are $2000+/set and take 5 minutes to take off
>>
>>15410059
>uh i could move out but i'd have to live paycheck to paycheck and i don't have a job that isn't dead end
>also i only applied to fast food, retail, and programming jobs anything else is below me and the hours are crap
>-typical milennial that doesn't want to move out
>>
>>15410853
Oh ya and all the damn parking lots. Ugly parking lots all over. This is pavement hell.
>>
>>15410921
>>niggers steal bumper and wheels worth at most $1500

Back when gasoline was higher priced, they would punch a hole in the bottom of a gas tank and cart off a bunch of gas. The rest of the gas would spill on the ground. Lucky that cars downtown didn't catch on fire despite the volatility of gas vapors.
>>
>millennials bitching about millennials
>>
>>15410939

Shady mostly mexican run auto body shops dont care about mechanical parts.
>>
>>15410033
I'm technically a millennial and I own 3 cars and 3 motorcycles, I worked full time as a marine electrical technician for almost four years and now I do that part time while also running my own mobile mechanic business.

Also I had to totally uproot my entire life to move 800 miles away a from my home town six years ago so I've done all of this with ZERO support structure.
My generation can eat a fucking dick.
>>
>>15410519
>Blue Disco Nova
What a faggot
>>
>>15410033
I'm a milennials as well, I owe a shitty car and a nice motorcycle. I'd love to have a nice car, but 50-70k for a nice car is out of my league. tl;dr want nice shit, can't afford it.
>>
>>15410742
Ever wonder if those who can afford 10k on fucking clothes, probably doesn't give a fuck about buying a 80k car. They're moderately rich you fuck stick.
>>
>>15410519
>>15410502
>>15410492
>>15410267

Not trying to brag, but I've been making over 100k annually since I was 24. I'm a nurse. I went to community college. My parents werent rich.

It possible, and there are plenty of people in the field making way more than me.
>>
>>15410366
back to /pol/
>>
>>15410985
Problem is most millenials think they deserve the shit they can't afford without having to work for it.
They were raised with participation trophies so they think they are entitled to some kind of reward from life despite failing.
>>
id buy an frs if i could afford one.
>>
Quit comparing yourselves and be thankful for what you have. Work hard and get promoted. Make a decent income. Make that income go far and dedicate some of it to your car bobby.

Not everybody needs a new Ferrari to feel good.
>>
>>15410995
Bruh, I've worked my ass off since I was 15. I work one of the highest risk industry in the nation. 8 years running. I'm not saying people shouldn't earn it, but do you pay rent? Are you single? I live way outside the city, still cheapest housing I can find is $1,100. Before utilities, move any further out and it's hours from work. This is more so a burden because I don't split my bills with roommates or girlfriend. Then these faggot ass dudes want to tell me their 300hp rwd lower middle class car starts out at $33,000. L O L I'd rather burn your business to the ground then take on that kind of debt. So yea, I'll wait it out and drive nice shit in heaven.
>>
>>15410993
>nurse
>making over 100k annually since I was 24
My sister is a nurse practitioner, you're telling tall tales.
>>
>>15410995
>implying you're not a millennial
>>
>>15411012
Nah, California nurses just get paid well.

..."According to indeed.com, the average RN salary in CA, in October 2014, was $71,000. As per the BLS, the mean annual and hourly wages, in May 2013, were $96,980 and $46.62, respectively."

I make $50.50/hr. Obviously it would be less if I worked in another state.

Nurse Practitioners make over 150k here.
>>
>>15411010
I feel you. Right now I pay $1750 a month for my house, fuck Maryland rent.
I have worked for everything I own, so when I see spoiled little shits complaining about how hard the world is, I just shake my head. Can't wait to see these little brats when life really hits them fucking hard. I was taught that failure is inevitable, and that knowing how to handle yourself after your world falls around you is only way to survive.

Fuck my generation.
1990 represent, bitch niggas.
>>
>>15410241
Boomer detected.
>>
A new car for a millennial is usually more than his yearly income. We're all pretty limited to cars in the 2000 - 4000 dollar range if we're lucky.
>>
>>15410997
tfw pricing for 2017 gt86 still not announced. Already saved my shekels for it.
>>
>>15411024
I am, born 1990, business owner, marine electrical technician, own six vehicles.
>>
>>15410948
When people say milennials they mean the richer white kids who never grew out of their pseudo-intellectual moral paragon of the modern stage, like when people say boomers they mean retarded old people, not just everyone born during that era. Generational terms are used as insults by most people who aren't market research.

>>15410853
Because efficiency

Faster commutes = more work time, more leisure time

>and then you fuck up your city planning and create a city-spanning traffic jam generator you can't reasonably upgrade
>you also fuck up driver training so they can't even use good roads appropriately and you have to nerf the speed limits to stop every third person from killing themselves
>you also let literally anything on the road if it's old enough so traffic is occasionally obstructed by vehicles that can't break 45mph, muh freedom
>you need to just get more people off the roads
>so you build metros, bike paths, and walking paths above and around the roads
>nobody uses them. everything is too far away anyways, gone are the days when people try to live near their work, or near anything, because the cities are absolute shit, will always be absolute shit, and have always been absolute shit.
>>
>>15411028
muh living expenses
>>
>>15411038
It probably won't be much different since the MY17 is going to be base spec only, like the FRS.

The MY18 might allow people to get more options like the leather/alcantara/keyless ignition.

I would wait for that if I were you, or just get a new BRZ instead.
>>
>>15411051
meh, I bought a house in one of the most desirable counties in the country when the market was still low.

I already have 150k in equity and I've only owned my home for about 3 years.

My mortgage is $2000, and the average rent for a home here is $2800.
>>
>>15411062
Jesus christ, my mortgage is a third of that and I've got a few acres and a 2 floor 4/3 house.
>>
>>15410033
l'm born 1990 and l literally have zero friends who insist on driving a manual. Many do but they all say "yeah an auto would be pretty comfy : ) "
>>
>>15411069
Yeah, where do you live though? Iowa?
>>
>>15411075
Rural North Florida. What's wrong with Iowa? In b4 you go on a rant about MUH FLYOVER STATES
Protip: I don't want to live in a tourist and immigrant destination.
>>
I dont know if I count as a millenial I was born in 85. Let me tell you what's wrong with new cars

>useless technology made for cell phone babies that distracts from the job of driving
>no proper manual gearbox
>cars today are faster and quicker than their 90s counterparts despite feeling slushy and soft with a couple of exceptions = no fun allowed
>many new cars come with Big Brother crap, I don't want Onstar knowing I'm doing 155mph in Mexico

Here is everything right with 90s cars

>proper manual gearboxes
>light and nimble without feeling slushy
>cheap, didn't have to pay to play
>not burdened with useless crap that I'm never going to use

90s cars were built at a time when the automotive industry was trying to attract wealthy boomers and Americans as a whole who remember the doldrums of 1970s and 1980s American landbarges. 90s cars were made to attract people who wanted to make driving fun again

Modern cars are made to attract soccer moms and cell phone babies and are seen as a means of transportation only.
>>
>>15411081
Iowa has shit food, weed, weather, and women
>>
>>15411123
>shit food
kek there are good restaurants everywhere
>weed
Who fucking cares you dopey stoner
>weather
Snow sucks that's why I'd never live there
>and women
Eh I'd take country girls over vapid California sluts and beanerettes any day.
>>
>>15411088
>memenual
>>
>>15411132
Good luck finding decent sushi, Chinese, indian, or thai food in iowa.

And enjoy your spray tanned, obese, "country girls"
>>
>>15411155
Not in Iowa, never even been there, sorry, and you're strawmanning country girls hard. Typical califag, you shit on anything that isn't california but know nothing about the world outside of your shitty microcosm.

Why are califags so rabid in their defense of their crap state? At least people like me, a floridiot, admit that florida is pretty shit and just live here for the advantages it gives us.
>>
>>15411183
Hey now, California has some good things it's just balanced out with some really trash things.
Great mountain roads for toegay, but we're a police state. Amazing car community, but meetups will get shut down by the police.
>>
>>15410033
>wat do?

OP, it looks like you have your answer at this time from the answers people have posted in their thread. They also jive with my own live experiences from what I have seen and what I've seen others go through.

The problem is affordability is the millennial doesn't have a career type job that ways well. But the number of opportunities for such jobs gets fewer and fewer because the people compete HARDER for them. Thus, those millennials that think they only have to do a small effort like in the old days - that's a failing strategy now unlike then. Why? The personal fortunes of the wealthy people (inheritance and corps and institutions) own approx 60% of the pie. That means 90% of the population has to make BOTH their opportunies and personal fortunes out of the remaining 40%. It's only going to get harder because of all the tax cuts for the rich and inheritance taxes being reduced. Deregulation also allowed shelter methods to transfer large inheritances with low tax. Thus, the huge personal fortunes are able to be kept after death and passed down within clans of rich people. Thus prosperity is only going to decrease for the common people.

Is this a good thing? Sure it is for those able to work hard who enjoy making fun of the poor. It certainly gives satisfaction to see poor people live sad bad lives and die in the shitter from debt. Lots of people enjoy that type of entertainment. It's not as bloody as the old roman coliseum gladiator combats. But knowing many other people are suffering is a comforting feeling for the self-superior hard working people (and for the rich lucky people).
>>
>>15411192
All you have are good roads, beaches and nice weather, that's it. Everything else is trash.
>>
>>15411199
>nice weather
Climate change is hitting us the hardest, shit sucks here now.
I may honestly move elsewhere someday, I like m-muh guns and m-muh cars too much.
>>
Well you'd have to be an idiot to buy a new car if you don't have a career or a dedicated income . I'm still in school and although I make enough to finance a new car, I rather wait until I make more to be safe.
I'm the meanwhile I'll drive my shitbox until it dies
>>
>>15410033
>car sales among millennials are lower than that of previous generations

Well, I contributed to that statistic by eliminating 2 millennials out. Instead of selling my old cars, I gave them away to the kids of friends of mine to help them get started in life as good taxpayers. All I asked is that they take care of all the transfer footwork and costs and I get one homecooked meal 100% prepared by them from scratch. No help in cooking from parents. Can't just totally hand it over for free.

I couldn't be bothered selling on CL and I totally hated the idea of trading it in to the dealer for a pittance when it ran and looked good. I always waxed them and both had maintenance papers. I even handed over the mileage books as I had recorded EVERY gasoline transaction in them so one could see the mileage eventually dropping as the cars got older and older. In the books, I marked when they got oil/filter changes as well as anything like fuel injector cleaner added to the fuel. Mileage books let me see if something is abnormal with the car too since if the mileage has an unexpected change, it may be worth checking out.

The cars got good homes. I certainly wouldn't give them away to someone who would turn around and sell them. Ironically, one time all one family's other cars were in the shop, so mine ended up the only working car.

All those cars have been retired now. So I know at least they rendered more than full value.
>>
>>15410474
>we've recovered and surpassed, bro.
For the wealthy and some of the middle class sure. But the gap between rich and non-rich has increased a lot.

In addition, to get out of the hole, many middle class and poor sacrificed their reserves. So even if you say statistically the jobs are there, the families are much impoverished as they no longer have reserves. They've sold off their 401K deposits, taken out those certificate loans against their pensions so that future pensions are automatically garnished thru some legal tool, and sold off their jewelry, antiques, and other sentimental possessions. It's not a real recovery.
>>
>>15410426
>Western world needs to take a hint from SEA countries, fuck cars, just use Motorcycles and scooters.

Using chinese as an example doesn't work in the USA. Both the laws and cultures are vastly different.

In the USA, we have lots of people who will deliberately shove a scooter off the road knowing full well the rider cannot identify that car.

As for motorcycles, they are usually on the side streets and that's it. They mostly don't get on the freeways because that is a MAIMING wish here. Enough of them have permanently disfiguring accidents that it's truly rare to see a motorcycle on the freeway despite there being a lot of motorbikes being owned. What happens is that they get used solely for recreational riding. I have coworkers with bikes but they never use them to come to work. I've asked and everyone has told me it's too unsafe since in the past 5 years, the visibility in cars has gone way down.
>>
>>15410241

Lmfao, this.

I was a manager at a pizza chain at 21 when in college, now I know this is anecdotal, but even when we put up a hiring sign, only PARENTS WITH THEIR KIDS asked for fucking job applications.

You bet your ass I fucking rejected all of them. Why the fuck would I give a job to a kid where their parent says straight to my face "I'm trying to get his LAZY ASS out of the house and get a job", lady if he/she can't put in the effort to even get a job, I'm not giving him said job.

And a good lot of my generation are a pain in the ass to work with. Sorry for sounding like a boomer, but fuck.
>>
>>15411274
youre a good guy annon, i wish my family was like this.
>>
>>15410840

Really need to see the one on cars too
>>
>>15410033
>they didn't steal the brakes too

amateurs
>>
>>15410624
>those times
It's about the same for me, and I live 8 miles from the White House.
>>
>>15410033
as a millenial *takes puff of vape*, I would love to finance that WRX in the picture. Yeah, the loan will probably be at 20% interest, but still I wanna stance a WRX sooo bad xD
>>
>Make $20 an hour which is honestly dick all, but certainly better than making 10 like retail
>own my 2012 ecobox
>about to buy a house which i plan to rent out enough of to cover the mortgage
>next step:escape wageslavery through a business of some kind
>still feel like a poor fag, but at least not an entitled "gib me that"

Life suuure is hard. Save half your income, nerds. I certainly had help along the way but people spend on ordinary shit instead of saving is disgusting.

As for cars, we could do with less of them but they are so necessary in the states for now. Only ppl i know without them are too poor to get them.
>>
a nice V8 costs 40k now.

Let that sink in.

Noone but kids that had mommy and daddy pay their way through college have that kind of money to drop.
>>
No, I just don't want to be a 5 year loan cuck. I paid $3500 cash for my truck and it's been fine with regular maintenance.
>>
>>15412002
lots of v8 options under $40k out there, just all used.
>>
Why don't they build simple, fast and cool looking cars anymore?
>>
>>15410237
U.S. 33yr old male
rode a honda cb900ss in high school, had to insure it in my Uncle's name at first because nobody would insure a bike over 500cc to a 17yr old and my dad didn't want me to have a bike. under my uncles name liability was $37 a month. I payed $78 and change through a diferent carrier (still hard to get a 900cc insured @18). my first car was a laser rs turbo @19 and insurance was $133/mo
>>
>>15410033
In the UK it can cost nearly £1000 just to pay for driving lessons and the driving theory & practical tests.
I spent £900 on insuring my £2300 Fiat Grande Punto 1.4, and that was with a company dedicated to learner/new drivers- a black box was installed in my car by them as a condition of the policy.
If I had chosen a mainstream insurance company, it would have cost me £1300/year to insure my car and I would STILL have to have a black box. It costs me £47 to fill up my tank, and I fill up once ever 2 weeks or so.

Putting this into perspective, I work 12 hours a week at a local supermarket making £7.50/hour, that's roughly £350-500 a month depending on overtime.
I could barely afford a 7 year old econobox with a job that I balanced alongside school. The only reason I got a car in the first place was because I live in a fairly rural area and the public transport is expensive and absolute shit.
>>
>>15411088
I think you are defensive about your lack of ability to afford a newer car, and suffering from the US market.

I drive a 5 year old Focus. It handles snappily, the gearbox is a normal fucking gearbox, and the tech works for me, not against me. It doesn't distract me, and it doesn't spy on me either.

Leave the USA if you want a good modern car. Your market has been flooded with gimped monkey models because you'd just crash them anyway.
>>
File: 1446086763539.jpg (25 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
1446086763539.jpg
25 KB, 500x367
>>15412083

That's sad lad. I made $250 in two days for manual labor alone. $50 a month for liability and $2.70 a gallon for gas. I guess my life ain't so bad.
>>
File: 1468005568067.jpg (31 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
1468005568067.jpg
31 KB, 670x503
>I was able to afford my dream car and a house straight out of highschool, you must be lazy!

>I wouldn't have killed to make $7.25 an hour when I was your age? So what it was 1965 when I was 20?

>keep paying into Medicare even though it's pretty much certain be gone by the time you hit retiring age!
>>
File: 1460280266775.png (165 KB, 453x433) Image search: [Google]
1460280266775.png
165 KB, 453x433
>20, clean record
>own beat up 4th gen Hyundai Sonata
>liability insurance only
>lowest insurance quote I can get is in the $130/month range

>why can't millennials afford new cars????
>>
>>15410374
Bus companies don't just cancel services because it's cold, they get fines for dropping services if they are running on city/local government contracts
>>
>>15410992
They're lower middle class at best, drive 10 year old used BMWs and make <30K a year

It's called loans, the entire economy is built upon them
>>
>>15413068
><30K a year
>lower middle class

That's poverty tier when the monthly rent of a shed is $1500/month
>>
File: image_2.png (50 KB, 328x220) Image search: [Google]
image_2.png
50 KB, 328x220
>>15410096
You sir are a god among men
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
it's money. Most people my age cannot afford something like pic related. I'm working on a 2nd built car right now too.

I get lots of admiration from my peers, so the meme they hate non iPhone cars is simply not true, they're just never going to be able to buy something like this unless they bend their morality a bit.
>>
>even camrys cost $25k+ new

there is an endless supply of <$4k shitboxes on CL, why would i bother?

OMG BACKUP CAMERA nvm gonna go down to the dealership ASAP
>>
>>15410237
My 52 year old stepfather paid $300/yr when he was 17 in 1982
>>
Economy is shit for years, what did you expect?
>>
>>15413522
In 2016 money that's $746 and some change

Christ that's cheap
>>
>>15410033
give millennials jobs that actually pay enough for them to afford a car

>millennials can't get jobs
>millennials don't buy houses
>millennials don't buy cars
cause and effect
>>
>>15413556
I work a $10/hr retail job and bought a sub $2k car. I'm 20 years old.

People need to stop spending out of their means. As a kid you're going to go broke buying anything other than a reliable boring econobox, and you know what? Tough shit. That's just how it is.
>>
>>15413576
This thread was about new cars you dumb nigger. This is why you're making barely above minimum wage.
>>
File: cruze.jpg (61 KB, 496x624) Image search: [Google]
cruze.jpg
61 KB, 496x624
>damn son what kinda whip u pushin?

>dat chevy cruze nawmean

>dayum how much that 4 cylinder front wheel drive car cost you?

>only $25,000

>dayum that's a steal. look at all the computers you got in there! it's got a screen from a grocery store self-checkout lane, and us millennials love technology!!!

>you know it, son. and the best part is, i can't even fix it by myself. i'm completely at the mercy of the dealership thanks to all the electronics in this thing.
>>
>>15410492
Median is closer to 42k.
>>
>>15413556
>give millennials jobs
Please stop with this already. If you're employable, you'll find a job. Earned, not given.

>millennials can't get jobs
>millennials don't buy houses
>millennials don't buy cars
Yes they can, just not the ones that took huge piles of student loan debt for a gender studies degree.
>>
>>15413611
I know what the OP was about. I told you what people should be buying you fucking spic.
>>
>>15413634
Why do insane people like you pop up who think most millenials go for useless degrees and take out huge debt? How out of fucking touch can someone be?
What is with you job market apologists? You use no logic.

The market is bad. Why? Because what fucking reason do people have to hire a fresh grad?
>>
>>15410122
Wow, that sucks. Ausfag, I pay ~$350 a year insurance for third party, fire and theft.
Driving a commodore too, which are notorious for being hoon cars.
>>
>>15413653
Should have also mentioned it would have been $1200 for comprehensive insurance, which is half the fucking cost of the car.
>>
>>15410695
>dey turk our jerbs

This is you.
>>
>>15413646
>Because what fucking reason do people have to hire a fresh grad?
I started my job right out of school. We have a new guy starting Monday who just graduated. New graduates are worth hiring to mold into the kind of employee you need. You hire for traits that are not teachable, and then train from there.

>How out of fucking touch can someone be?
I'm 26 and only ever hear these excuses here. All of the people I went to school with got relevant degrees and found nice jobs.
>>
>>15410033
Most millennials are still in mid and early 20s not exactly a time in life overflowing with prosperity. Plus until about 30 it is cheaper for male drivers to register their cars in their parents name to save a shit ton on insurance, like $1000 a year savings.
>>
>>15410923
you need degrees or trade school for any job that isn't shit. can only go to college or trade school if your parent can afford it, or you were actually good in high school and can afford it yourself
>>
>>15413673

Not him, but
>Someone caricatured it on television
>This means it isn't a valid point

"hurf durf ima retard" -you
>>
>>15413643
>this mad he's a wage slave for fucking $10 an hour
>I can't afford nice things therefor no one car

Poorfags ladies and gents.
>>
>>15413710
>being THIS anally annihilated that somebody called you a spic
Lel, mexicucks
>>
File: 1391293255218.jpg (38 KB, 453x576) Image search: [Google]
1391293255218.jpg
38 KB, 453x576
>>15410261
>Get a real job. I never went to college and I'm making $85k a year.
doing what, faggot?
>>
>>15413718
>projecting this hard

Spics work $10/hr jobs. Unlike you I can afford a new car and a house because I'm not a retard.
>>
>>15410096
You sound mad as fuck. You realize Ford/GM/Chrysler are trying to compete with companies that can sell a car for 4k cheaper because of asinine legacy UAW contracts and changing consumer tastes.
>>
>>15413743
He's mad because the brakes on his Shit2000 failed again.
>>
>>15413726
Not that faggot but last year I made $83k as an aircraft mech, i did go to college for 2 yrs but it was a waste of time and money, cost me $18k in student loans.
>>
>>15413726
Could make that much and more if you go into certain trades and the like.

For example, aircraft mechanics are in demand right now. If you put in overtime, it's not hard to clear $100k.
>>
>>15413729
>irritated beaner
Glorious.

I'm 20 you silly spic. I'm still in college. Why would I want a new car or a house?
>>
>>15413768
>I'm 20 you silly spic.
So am I, and I'm not a poorfag. Just kill yourself low wage trash.
>>
File: 1438449901292.png (2 MB, 1428x834) Image search: [Google]
1438449901292.png
2 MB, 1428x834
>>15413698
>tfw paying $800 a month for art school loans

Even though I make enough to save around $2k/month after expenses and loans... I find it hard to justify buying a new car even though I really fucking want one.
>>
>>15413726
Be a truck driver and make shit tons of money.
>>
File: lifted truck thread.webm (702 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
lifted truck thread.webm
702 KB, 640x480
here's how it went for me
>start working part time, minimum wage while in high school
>graduate high school with mediocre grades and no scholarships
>parents can't afford to send me to college
>start working full-time minimum wage
>eventually get better paying job, $30k-35/year
>finance new car for $350/month because living at home and no other bills
>full coverage insurance $100/month
>working 50+ hour weeks so take night classes at community college
>just core classes because I don't have a specific degree in mind
>night classes suck
>half the school is closed
>no "college environment"
>no friends to be made because all your classmates are 30+ years old trying to finish a long abandoned degree
>eventually stop wasting time and money on directionless study
>continue working 50+ hour weeks for $30-35k/year
>eventually get apartment with gf
>rent $689 + utilities
>barely making ends meet
>want to go to trade school to be welder or mechanic or something skilled with high union wages
>can't afford school
>can't afford to stop working to do school
>it's pretty soul crushing desu senpai

>webm not really related but pretty much what leaving home has felt like
>>
>>15413764
>going to college when you'd have to take out more than 10k in loans over four years
Fucking KEK
>>
>>15413840
College Cucks truly are retarded.
>>
>>15413819

why not move back home anon? at this rate you're going to stay poor forever
>>
>>15413856
parents didn't own their home so they downsized to a smaller once me and my brother had moved out. Living with gf now, her dad died and her mom lives in a small apartment. so to answer your question, really no where to move back to
>>
>>15413840
>>15413854
>have a little over 20k in loans
>STEM major
>starting job at fortune 500 company at 80k per year this year
>projected 4 year salary at 110k as manager of the position I'm in right now

Yea, I sure am retarded for wanting salary growth over my lifetime instead of being a moron making 80k when he starts and maybe 100k after a decade.
>>
i payed $500 outright for an old car 5 years ago, its still going strong with minimal maintenance

millennials know how cheap second hand cars are, and would rather wait for economic stability to buy a new car which at this rate would only happen once they turn 30+. In the meantime, they'll keep using old 4 cylinder cars they got cheap
>>
>>15413764
i don't know if i'd call 2 years and $18k in loans "a waste of time and money" when you make $83k doing a job you couldn't have gotten without it. the best chance i have of making $83k a year is a series of well executed robberies.
>>
>>15413926
>>15413840

>tfw graduating stem major with 6-12k in subsidized loans
i am so fucked
>>
>>15413985
how are you fucked? my car loan is double your student loan and there's a 100% you're going to make 2.5-4x my annual income
>>
>>15414014
i dont have a good stem major
>>
>>15414027
>i dont have a good stem major
i don't have any major or degree. what is your major?
>>
>>15414031
CS
>>
File: 1431896690756.jpg (63 KB, 496x546) Image search: [Google]
1431896690756.jpg
63 KB, 496x546
>>15414041
>CS
>not good
You're fine with CS.
>>
>>15412291
>n though it's pretty much certain be gone by the time you hit retiring age!

>and then they said lifetime health cover loading
>also work as an apprentice for the less than min wage
Ausfagland is the topest of all keks
>>
>>15413653
i pay 700 for third party on a fucking civic hatch
but i am p plater so this is expected
>>
>>15410033
Dubs checked.

Once they start having kids, millenials will figure out that they need cars.
>>
>>15410840
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMWmYJOa-BM
this is some fucked up shit
>>
>>15410252
>MFW am 18
>MFW had have held a job as a factory hand since I was 16
>Work in the holidays in between school terms, now in between uni semesters
>Work hard and suck my supervisors dicks, now they love me and always hire me even if there's no work

>make $19.50/hr
It's easy to get an "entry level job" that pays the bills. Apply everywhere, present yourself and be dedicated.
>>
>>15410033
Well duh most of them have their parents lease them a $199 a month charger rt/v6 mustang to wrap around a pole
>>
>>15410033
>>millennials are rejecting the idea of the automobile

More like milennials can't afford cars.
>>
File: ebin.jpg (38 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
ebin.jpg
38 KB, 680x383
>>15410122
>First car was a W140 Mercedes S600 I picked up for $14k
>Cost me $150 per month to insure a 6 liter V12
>mfw filthy lobsterbacks will never know this feeling
>>
>>15415091
wear nice cloths, and stay off your phone once inside for the interview. i swear last interview i went to, one dude had part of his breakfast still on his shirt and the girl was on her phone texting right in front of the board. in a fucking technical interview no less, its ridiculous. "millennials" are just stupid.
>>
>>15413673
wow nice south park reference bro
very edgy

Doesn't refute the truth though. A lot of decent entry level jobs for high school and college students are now occupied by immigrants, visa workers and illegals.
>>
>>15415321
I was an assistant manager at a factory. The reason Mexicans and Chinese are taking these jobs is because they're better fucking workers. It's that simple. White people would come in and be lagging behind by the 3rd day, as soon as they were familiar with the working order, then would start asking for raises a month in. We paid $11 per hour mind you, not minimum wage. The issues is that a lot of Americans over value their output and aren't actually willing to put effort into demonstrating they deserve a raise. Chinks and Beanmen know that they can be replaced at the snap of a finger, so they go above and beyond, work extra hard for months, and then they finally get their raise once they've proven they deserve it. We'd typically raise them a dollar per month until they hit the $19 mark if they showed marked improvement. Then we'd give them some sort of benefits package or hire them on to management. Our White American workers would typically demand $15 after just a month or two then give up when they didn't get it. We only had about 3 White Americans who actually put in the effort and advanced all the way from the bottom, two were ex military and one had lived in Ukraine half his life. The entire issues is that a major portion of the US population is lazy and entitled. It's largely not even that companies won't pay better. It's that they don't demonstrate they deserve the pay raise.
>>
File: 1440835406223.png (67 KB, 197x159) Image search: [Google]
1440835406223.png
67 KB, 197x159
>student loans
>>
>>15415334
>s because they're better fucking workers. It's that simple.
*for the money
>mexican does a half-assed job for $7/hr
>american does a half-assed job for $14/hr
Simple math
>>
>>15415341
I can say that honestly American laborers generally perform shittier work than Mexicans. Spics know they'll lose their job when they fuck up. Americans don't expect to.
>>
>>15415346
*for the money

If you pay an american shit wages you're going to get shit work, mexicans are desperate and don't know any better so you can pay them so little that they have to work 3 jobs to support themselves and they'll still give you some effort (at least while you're watching, don't turn your back or anything not bolted down will be gone)
>>
>>15415357
>I deserve more money because of my feelings!

lel
>>
File: image.png (51 KB, 374x354) Image search: [Google]
image.png
51 KB, 374x354
>>15413972
>i don't know if i'd call 2 years and $18k in loans "a waste of time and money" when you make $83k doing a job you couldn't have gotten without it.

I guess I didn't explain it properly, going to college had nothing to do with my current profession. I quit college cause I was poor and could no longer get more loans plus books and other expenses. Also, the college atmosphere was toxic and heavily geared to indoctrinate you, I saw no future there.

In my opinion College WAS a waste of time and money cause I could have gone straight to the technical school I went and gotten the requirements for my current job my without taking in debt.
>>
File: Capture.png (521 KB, 986x576) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
521 KB, 986x576
>>15410160
>>15410496
Maybe not quite $100K, but close. I'm sure its Yukon XL and Cadillac Escalade brothers can reach that price, though.
>>
>>15415091
I wish I was that spoiled
>>
>>15410040
I'm a millennial (21) and I have two cars. I still live with my parents though lol, but I still pay my own insurance and phone etc and I usually chuck my dad a couple hundred bucks a month to help with the house bills.
>>
>>15415872
Iktf
Turning 20 this month, pay my parents rent, pay for my insurance, phone bill, my cut of the internet, pay for my own food. I also own three cars. It's a pretty good feel.
>>
File: image.jpg (239 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239 KB, 800x533
>>15415854
So sorry I'm not about to drop 50k+ on a Ford Explorer. So sorry I'm not going to spend 70k+ on a Cadillac Escalade.

People that pay that money for those vehicles pay in the end. If they put that money away it would turn into a few hundred thousand if handled properly. So I'll wait a few years and buy used. I always liked these Chevrolet Yukon and there's nothing wrong with them. So the newer one has some fancy wood in it who cares. I get it for more than half the price of a new one and it's a gm so it goes forever anyway.

Logic is my strongpoint.
>>
>>15415321
>now occupied by immigrants, visa workers and illegals
This isn't true at all. If one of those three took your "entry level" job, you were at the bottom of the stack to begin with.

That said, we don't need the number of those type of workers we currently have to begin with.
>>
>>15415895
Anyone who buys a car new doesn't know how to manage money properly, or has too much. Anyone who leases a car new wants to look like they don't know how to manage money properly & in reality don't have the credit to poorly manage it on buying a new car.
>>
>>15415944
>bottom of the stack
YES WE ARE AND THAT'S THE PROBLEM YOU IDIOT
YOUNG PEOPLE ARE THE BOTTOM OF THE STACK

Stop pretending your local market and analogies are true universally much less natuonally
>>
>>15410050
>WW1

TFW not riding up San Juan Hill with Teddy.
>>
>>15416773
CRUISE CONTROL

No, you misunderstand. If you are reasonably competent and have a worthwhile degree, you are not competing with illegals, immigrants, and visa workers. If you find yourself competing with those people, then you are at the bottom of the stack of young people. Because the more competent graduates were hired over you.
>>
>>15410040
There we go.
>>
>>15416815
I'm the CS major that might have up by to 12k of debt when I GRADUATE
And I'll never find a job
>>
>>15418610
I majored in CS too, you'll find a job if you're competent.
>>
>>15418626

How the fuck aren't you able to find a job with a degree in cs?

Even if you fucking hate programming, then practice your social and analytical skills then go into QA. It's not all that different than dev in many cases: big corporate qa will eventually get you to $100k+ one you make it into management or project management, whereas you can still get to $60-70k after a few years at a smaller company. The main difference is that your not going to magically become a millionaire like the 0.1% is developers because you're probably not going to birth some crazy idea that whips investors into a frenzy, but you might still strike it rich if you are really good at your job and become a guru that big companies want to throw money at.
>>
>>15418732
Meant for >>15418610
I assume.
>>
>>15410033
cant blame them have you seen the shit they are trying to sell the kids these days
>>
>>15418610
>12k of debt
now, i mean $12,000 is a lot of money, but in terms of college debt that sounds like pennies. consider yourself lucky if you're only going to owe an educational institution 12 grand.
>>
>>15410033
>wat do?

Sell electric cars (millennials fucking luv electric cars) and then sell/rent gas generators on wheels to make them into hillbilly hybrids.
Retrofit them with dem komputers and jump into the self driving car/taxi biz to get value out of your sitting inventory.
Mount heavy artillery on them and export them to the middle east.
Rent the interiors out as NEET housing.
>>
File: 1452745269882.gif (22 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1452745269882.gif
22 KB, 750x750
>make thread asking serious questions and advice
>3 replies, thread archived
>make thread about neets
>240 posts and counting
>no one on 4chan is a neet
>mfw
>>
They definitely dont hate cars, they can't afford them, not anything new at least.
>>
File: 981.jpg (26 KB, 393x352) Image search: [Google]
981.jpg
26 KB, 393x352
>>15413892

>>15413819
we are one
>>
>>15418757
He even said it's 6 to 12k of SUBSIDIZED debt.

Meanwhile I'm 50k in for my History degree
>>
>>15419012
i do't get it. explain to me
>>
>>15415895
the new Yukon is actually one of the most unreliable cars on the road today. You might want to research the one you're interested in a little bit more to make sure it's sound
>>
>>15414184
>current year
>having kids
>>
>>15413819
>leaving home
Feels.

https://youtu.be/4mSrwzH5n0E
>>
File: 1415970118033.jpg (39 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1415970118033.jpg
39 KB, 1024x576
>>15410096
you're not so bad, I like this guy now.
>>
>>15411354
Wait, in US? I live in Utah and there is plently of people riding on the highway.
Of course there are people that just wanted a toy, but they are just used market fodder.
>>
>>15420134
in more rural states there's going to be less risk because of less cars.

Driving through LA on a bike would scare the shit out of me, but driving there normally already does and I'm glad I don't live there.
>>
>>15413677
>You hire for traits that are not teachable, and then train from there.
Only few angelic companies do that.
>>
>>15410033
>muh millennials boogeyman
>>
i'm 25, studied engineering in college so i actually have a real job. make $71k and my loans are not really a problem.

i really hate driving to work. it's stressful and lonely. car crashes are the most likely cause of death for people my age.

cars are a huge waste of energy and money. why does society expect me to maintain my own infrastructure for getting to work?

cars are disastrous for the environment. something like 1/4 of our carbon emissions come from cars. climate change is the greatest existential threat to civilization and needs to be stopped. this alone should be the only reason to support a more efficient transportation infrastructure (ie not single passenger SUVs).
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.