[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /o/ My car has an empty void where the radio should be.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Capture.png (102 KB, 527x211) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
102 KB, 527x211
Hello, /o/

My car has an empty void where the radio should be. I've never had to buy a car stereo and would appreciate some advice.

I'd like something cheap but reliable, modern enough to have an aux input. Any recommendations on brands or websites i should have a look at?

thanks
>>
Get something with bluetooth. It's real nice if you have a smartphone, well worth the price. I have a pioneer but it looks a bit chintzy in my opinion. There are some nice looking heavy duty head units (look for truck stereoswith all the functionality you could want, they're just pretty expensive. Jensen is a brand I remember.
>>
File: breddy good HU.jpg (219 KB, 1000x463) Image search: [Google]
breddy good HU.jpg
219 KB, 1000x463
If you're going to own the car over a year or plan on DD'ing it, just get a 150$ Pioneer DEH-X5*** series with BlueTooth audio+handsfree, AUX, USB or enjoy fucking with the AUX-cable all the time.

Seriously, don't cheap out on something like this, a 30$ HU is going to drive you nuts when you can just get something nice for a little extra.
>>
>>15409786
>>
>>15409757
Pioneer, kenwood, sony. Those are brands that have stood the test of time. But small time developers could be a good bet. Do your research and spend more than $40 on a nice head unit
>>
Anyways bought decent items from sonicelectronix
>>
>>15409757
why the fuck would buy a car without a radio? it's probably beat to shit in other ways if it doesn't have one.
>>
>>15409990
Could be one where it has a removable hu from factory. During the hoodlum times of radio stealing.
>>
>>15410046
then he should've bought a clean example that had never been broken into.
>>
>>15409990
I bought the car from a friend who kept the radio she bought herself to put in her new car. I assume the previous was old and got trashed

Thanks for the responses guys
>>
>>15410124
No, like you can remove the hu to make the radio "useless"
>>
I've always used JVC head units for cheaper/good enough, but the CD drive mechanisms tend to glitch out pretty quick. If you get one with USB and load all your music onto a flash drive you'll never go back to CDs anyway. Never had a problem with AUX ports on them and a lot of them have a second port on the back so you can run a jack to it behind the dash to hide the cable.

I haven't had good luck with Pioneer. On one of them I bought new the AUX input was full of static and otherwise sounded awful, I ended up sending it back. The more expensive one in my new car when I bought it sounded okay at best even after playing with the EQ settings for days, and sorted the music on my flash drive in a nonsensical way that I never did figure out before I replaced it.

I have an Alpine in there now and after dicking with the EQ it's damn good, but I spent ~$150 on it.
>>
File: 51ypdAkSTbL._SY400_.jpg (21 KB, 401x400) Image search: [Google]
51ypdAkSTbL._SY400_.jpg
21 KB, 401x400
>>15409757
>>
>>15410200
Sound advice, thanks!

>>15410330
Can't see filename on mobile... What id it?
>>
>>15409757
Kenwood
>>
>>15411210
Reverse img search
>>
>>15409827

Not bad
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.