[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the buying process like when buying a used car from a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: moot.jpg (52 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
moot.jpg
52 KB, 405x600
What is the buying process like when buying a used car from a private seller (craigslist)? What needs to be done to legally drive the car with no legal problem?
>>
>>15407652
You give them money, they give you keys to car, title to the car, bill of sale and if required where you are, proof of smog. Make sure title does not have a lienholder listed and tags are up to date.

With all the above, you can drive away. You still need to insure the car, usually within a few days and register the car into your name with the dmv, again within a few days, how many depends on your state.
>>
Enjoy your new car.
>>
>>15407710
Thanks. What tags? Do I get new plates when registering the car in my name with the dmv?

>>15407743
Thanks. I'm thinking Nissan Altima 2006 for the nice interior, reliability, and mileage for affordable price.
>>
>>15407784
You can get new plates if you want to when you're registering the car, but you don't have to. The tags are those little stickers on your rear plate that has the month and year on it. Make sure it is current. For example, it is now July. If the month sticker is in the future, say December, then the year sticker should still say 2016. However, if the month sticker is in the past, say February, then the year sticker should say 2017. DMV makes you pay in advance for the year coming up, which is why the year sticker works like this.
>>
>>15407888
Thanks famalam.
>>
Tags depend on state. Look at your states regulations if your concerned. Also id get a bill of sale reguardless of if you need one or not. Some states require you to have the transfer paper notarized.
>>
What does Moot even drive?
>>
>>15410273
jaguar e-type
>>
>>15410351
is there a hidden joke in there or are you being legit
>>
>>15410358

Moot is a cuck.

I bet he drives a Prius because his gf thinks V8s are scary.
>>
File: moot.jpg (65 KB, 605x484) Image search: [Google]
moot.jpg
65 KB, 605x484
>>15410724
post pics of his gf
>>
>>15407652
Who is this?
>>
File: who-is.jpg (212 KB, 960x718) Image search: [Google]
who-is.jpg
212 KB, 960x718
>>15411907
>>
when you're a seller and let the buyer go for a testdrive how do you know they'll bring the car back?
>>
Forgot a question. How do I pay for it? I'm guessing they won't want a check but withdrawing thousands of dollars in cash will be annoying with daily atm withdrawal limits for my online checking account.
>>
>>15411907
-2/10
>>
File: bloodyhell.gif (372 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
bloodyhell.gif
372 KB, 300x169
>>15411907
How the fuck do you not know who made the fucking website you're using?
>>
>>15412071
Go with them
>>
>>15414037
Hiro is more important nowadays, so it's not surprising newfags don't know of moot.
>>
>>15411907
The hacker known as 4chan
>>
>>15407888
>>15409570
>>15408467
Some states you keep your plates, so when someone sells you their car they may take the plates with them. You can still drive the car for a period before registering the car, you might get pulled over but as long as you have the title that is signed and dated you should be good
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.