[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Volvo c30. I bought 6 months ago. I've been really happy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_o14y4n8MZj1u8df7so1_500.jpg (56 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o14y4n8MZj1u8df7so1_500.jpg
56 KB, 500x367
Volvo c30.

I bought 6 months ago. I've been really happy with it. but the gas mileage is such shit. I think there's something wrong.

I should be getting 20+ city and 25+ hwy

but I'm getting closer to 10-14 mpg

I don't have a heavy foot. I think something else is wrong. what should I look for?
>>
tell us what engine is in it you fuck
also what gas
>>
>>15405552
When you serviced the transmission after you bought it, what color was the fluid?
>>
>>15405578
t5
I use premium, I tried different grades. premium burns faster it seems
>>
>>15405605
>>15405552

i use premium in my t5 c30 and i average about 20 in mixed driving. i get around 23-25 when i get >50% on the freeway.
>>
how many miles on it
>>
>>15408565
do you have a problem with the turning radius I keep hearing about?
>>
>>15405552
S40 owner here.

I had a similar issue. MPG started dropping, and finally got as bad as 7mpg in the city. I went hunting for vacuum leaks, and the fuel injector o rings were bad. I ordered some from Volvo, and everything is fine again.

If you don't have a CEL, then the long term fuel trim hasn't gotten as bad as mine was yet. Search how to check for vacuum leaks, and do it.
>>
>>15405552
Fuck your bullshit OP and sauce on your pic
>>
>>15405552
>I think something else is wrong. what should I look for?
Your city stop and go mileage is severely affected if you use gas on hills. I bought a new car and it sucked on mileage to and from work, to and from shopping. It was not a lemon. I lived in a secluded HOA neighborhood on top of a ridge surrounded by hilly areas.

I went on a trip for a few days. It was flat country. My city mileage became what it was supposed to be in that flat terrain.

After I went back home, my mileage returned to being shitty. Okay, so I know it is not my driving or that there is something wrong with the new car. It was the terrain. The car wasted too much gas hauling itself and all the weight up the hills. Going down with no gas is not much help since the hills are fairly steep, thus the time spent going down is too short to save much due to braking at the bottom due to traffic lights or stop signs.

Always put stop signs and traffic lights at the bottom of hills. That ensures max fuel waste. You come to a stop going down the hill and waste all the momentum. Before you go up the hill, you also have to come to a stop and waste all momentum. No wonder my mileage sucked my hilly areas.
>>
is your thermostat working correctly?
If it isn't the ECU will run rich.
>>
>>15405605

Is it an automatic? The T5 is a great engine but far from economical. If you do a lot of town driving then that is probably about right.

Is it getting up to temperature or does it not reach mid way on the gauge?
>>
>>15410475
>>15410475
What? 10-14 mpg sounds right? it's automatic, doesn't get hot
>>
>>15408650

This. Or oxygen sensor.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.